2012 Honda Cbr 600F

KRS1

A lot of the new red ones actually, a few of the last ones in your post as well. Friend has the first one in your post, one of the special edition models.

And it smokes his friends CBR 250 everytime.

Thanks for the clarification; the 2011 CBR model did have a lead time of 9 or 10 months on the graphics updated 2012 Ninja model. Interesting there are loads of them sold in Chiang Mai in the last 3-4 months...there were 1149 >250cc bikes sold by Kawi in the last 4 months of 2011 versus 1181 Hondas sold...wonder how many of those were the updated ER-6* models.

Im starting to wonder if there's some kind of incentive for getting the Ninjette over the CBR, financing deals etc.. Interesting indeed that this model has exploded up here recently. Maybe the people buying them were previous KSR buyers and moving up. Product loyalty ya' know, get them young and keep them.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A lot of the new red ones actually, a few of the last ones in your post as well. Friend has the first one in your post, one of the special edition models.

Thanks for the clarification; the 2011 CBR model did have a lead time of 9 or 10 months on the graphics updated 2012 Ninja model. Interesting there are loads of them sold in Chiang Mai in the last 3-4 months...there were 1149 >250cc bikes sold by Kawi in the last 4 months of 2011 versus 1181 Hondas sold...wonder how many of those were the updated ER-6* models.

Im starting to wonder if there's some kind of incentive for getting the Ninjette over the CBR, financing deals etc.. Interesting indeed that this model has exploded up here recently. Maybe the people buying them were previous KSR buyers and moving up. Product loyalty ya' know, get them young and keep them.

I thought I read somewhere on this forum that the finance terms offered by Kawasaki are more attractive than those offered by the Honda dealers? Kawasaki offers the same pricing and finance terms nationwide while I believe AP Honda leaves the pricing and financing up to the dealers so it varies a lot? Small down payment and lower interest on the Kwackers I believe. Perhaps someone can confirm?

"Please dont take guesses and assume what im fascinated in, you haven't a clue. I'd actually enjoy getting my hands on a CBR 250 to see what can be done to make it faster."

You actually just answered my guess in the same sentence. Cool thanks so i'm presuming that was tongue in cheek humour........well donebiggrin.png

I thought I read somewhere on this forum that the finance terms offered by Kawasaki are more attractive than those offered by the Honda dealers? Kawasaki offers the same pricing and finance terms nationwide while I believe AP Honda leaves the pricing and financing up to the dealers so it varies a lot? Small down payment and lower interest on the Kwackers I believe. Perhaps someone can confirm?

Yes the finance terms are nationwide supplied by 2 finance companies.

lower interest.... between 6% for the bigger bikes to 14% for the smaller bikes... but higher down payment...generally

Hi all,

i was reading and wondering on you,you make all calculation on the prices that are now for imported bikes.but just imagine that if somehow Honda will make a manufacturing here in Thailand for example CBR 400 by the price lets say two times expansive as CBR 250. imagine homay many people will buy it.Actually i think 50% of current owners of 250 will sell them and get a new CBR 400,and a lot more people would like to buy. as i see Thailand and people who is living here they are growing up very fast and the conditions Banks give them is very good, with small down payment and almost 0%.they have to do marketing but i am sure in a few years we will see bigger bike or bikes from Honda. Of course if 2012 will not be the LAST YEAR OF AGES.

The 150 and the 250 are only a 25k baht difference, so i wouldn't think the 400 would be twice the cost of the 250.

If over 50% of 250 owners upgrade to the 400, i know Thaicbr won't, because his bike suits his needs and he doesn't care about going any faster. thumbsup.gif

The 150 and the 250 are only a 25k baht difference, so i wouldn't think the 400 would be twice the cost of the 250.

If over 50% of 250 owners upgrade to the 400, i know Thaicbr won't, because his bike suits his needs and he doesn't care about going any faster. thumbsup.gif

actually i would wait and see how much better the 400 would be.. The 250 certainly suits my needs now.... mainly because it was the only bike available..that ticked all the boxes... if another bike was a bit more powerful BUT still fuel efficient and lightweight then that would ALSO suit my needs.

actually i would wait and see how much better the 400 would be.. The 250 certainly suits my needs now.... mainly because it was the only bike available..that ticked all the boxes... if another bike was a bit more powerful BUT still fuel efficient and lightweight then that would ALSO suit my needs.

ohhhhh....okkkkk .....whistling.gif

I thought this thread was about the CBR600f.........?

Arguing over which 250 bike is faster reminds me of school where kids used to argue over who had the fastest 50cc moped. Get a grip, they are all SLOW, that actually is the point of them!

Edited by madjbs
  • Like 1

You see a lot of people will change it,even if will drink more petrol,cause by the time past your bike seems slow for you and you want more and more.So if i where HONDA i will produce a lot of 250 even reduce a little price sell and after 1 year produce 400

after 2 years of it produce 600

LOOOL

You see a lot of people will change it,even if will drink more petrol,cause by the time past your bike seems slow for you and you want more and more.So if i where HONDA i will produce a lot of 250 even reduce a little price sell and after 1 year produce 400

after 2 years of it produce 600

LOOOL

Agreed !

I thought this thread was about the CBR600f.........?

+1

No offense but i really dont care about the 250cc bikes and besides they have threads all to themselves so which of them is the fastest of the slow can / should be discussed there.

I guess there is no real info on the CBR600F and the only reason it is even discussed is that it appeared on a promo sign at a Honda Big Wing event. I take it the bike wasnt even mentioned at said event. So it could be years out, or even just a fever dream of the graphics designer..

The rumours are that Honda Motorcycle Thailand, which is the manufacturer of motorcycles in Thailand, APHonda is just the distributor in Thailand, is starting to produce a 6X0cc twin engine in Thailand. Likely we will see a product from Honda similar to what Kawasaki offers but much more technically advanced.... and probably less powerful... But than the Neanderthal where stronger than Homo Sapiens... just because power is not everything - being smart is the new thing in motorcycling

Edited by Richard-BKK

The rumours are that Honda Motorcycle Thailand, which is the manufacturer of motorcycles in Thailand, APHonda is just the distributor in Thailand, is starting to produce a 6X0cc twin engine in Thailand

Is this from the same person who claimed up and down that the VTR/VFR was coming?coffee1.gif

• Like 1

The rumours are that Honda Motorcycle Thailand, which is the manufacturer of motorcycles in Thailand, APHonda is just the distributor in Thailand, is starting to produce a 6X0cc twin engine in Thailand

Is this from the same person who claimed up and down that the VTR/VFR was coming?coffee1.gif

Still ask yourself the question where is the Honda VTR250 engine produced? When you get the answer right you will see that nothing seemed that strange at that time. Still the VTR250 is not of the map for Thailand, even it's currently just an export product.

How long was Kawasaki producing "big bikes" in Thailand before they release one single product on the domastic market, one of the oldest production models, the Kawasaki KLR650 is still not available in Thailand... even it's produced in Thailand as long as I can remember the model....

With the 6X0CC engine I clearly say it's a rumour...

Edited by Richard-BKK

Still as yourself the question where is the Honda VTR250 engine produced? When you get the answer right you will see that nothing seemed that strange at that time. Still the VTR250 is not of the map for Thailand, even it's currently just a export product.

Also can you remember who said that the Thai government would not change the rules on the maximum engine size for small motorcycle from 200cc to 250cc? Or can you remember who said that Kawasaki will not bring the Ninja 250R to Thailand?

I remember one person stating fairly confidently that there would be a VTR or VFR coming and there would be no CBR 150 (often in seperate posts, but there were a few instances where it was in a single post). And let's not forget the gem "nor will they come out with a CBR 200 or CBR 250". Considering the demonstarted track record for this person's claims, is it all that strange that peaceblondie was credulous when the original claimed release date came and passed?

I believe that Richard was also telling us that 'In the near future you will be able to take a CBR250 into selected dealers in Thailand and for a few hundred baht they would be able to programme different fuel maps onto your bike'.

That future wasn't, and isn't, so near at all.

I believe that Richard was also telling us that 'In the near future you will be able to take a CBR250 into selected dealers in Thailand and for a few hundred baht they would be able to programme different fuel maps onto your bike'.

Oh, come on, we've all been wrong.

Of course most of us do not pass ourself off as subject matter experts and have financial interests at stake either in (mis)information...

Still as yourself the question where is the Honda VTR250 engine produced? When you get the answer right you will see that nothing seemed that strange at that time. Still the VTR250 is not of the map for Thailand, even it's currently just a export product.

Also can you remember who said that the Thai government would not change the rules on the maximum engine size for small motorcycle from 200cc to 250cc? Or can you remember who said that Kawasaki will not bring the Ninja 250R to Thailand?

I remember one person stating fairly confidently that there would be a VTR or VFR coming and there would be no CBR 150 (often in seperate posts, but there were a few instances where it was in a single post). And let's not forget the gem "nor will they come out with a CBR 200 or CBR 250". Considering the demonstarted track record for this person's claims, is it all that strange that peaceblondie was credulous when the original claimed release date came and passed?

First the first version of the Honda PGM-FI (Fuel-Injection system) was not capable to handle combustion chambers larger than 125cc, it toke Honda 4 year, and 3 generations of the PGM-FI (Honda fuel-injection system to develop a system that is capable to handle bigger small engines... Basically Honda found in 4 years a way to lower the production cost of the fuel-injection system technology used in big bike engines.

The Honda CBR150R went of the market as I predicted, and for almost a year nothing about a successor, just as the technology to benefits did not match-up. Actual the Honda CBR150Ri is reintroduced to not the Thai demand, it's the Indian demand, as the Indian market war is raging on the 150cc fuel-injection market... probably the Thai introduction is more a marketing effort that a actual profit thing.

In India, a country that has a free trade agreement with Thailand for motorcycles less than 250cc, is currently experiencing a big business sales of big bikes.... being the second largest populated country and Hero-Honda (the 4th biggest motorcycle manufacture in the world not being Honda anymore) Honda need all hands on in India... so a Honda CBR150Ri to challenge the Yamaha YZT-R15 will be a helpful head-to-head... Creating a real purpose that makes money for Honda to relaunch the Honda CBR150Ri which was never really planned.... After Hero Corporation dropped Honda in India the once biggest motorcycle seller in the second biggest motorcycle country is now the smallest player... They needed a poker card which ever teenager was thinking when they dream about a performance motorcycle they could afford …. now you have the real reason why Honda re-launched the CBR150R.

Oh, come on, we've all been wrong.

Of course most of us do not pass ourself off as subject matter experts and have financial interests at stake either in (mis)information...

Do you remember who said that the Kawasaki Ninja 250R was coming, actually it was not me telling that on this forum, but a website I host reported the very first road test in Thailand of a Kawasaki Ninja 250R.... and who was saying it would not happen....

I think it says all when people know you ride a motorcycle bigger than 200cc, and it's actually a Kawasaki Ninja 250R... but than I hope you still have it in good condition as some of your friend often post pictures that you're more off the bike in a ditch than on the bike... of course nobody in the right mind will believe friends like that also...

Of course I could post links to 4-year old postings, but I can also show you links to Albert Einstein telling us that some technolgy that we use now-a-day as luxury around us every minute would be impossible....

Edited by Richard-BKK

First the first version of the Honda PGM-FI (Fuel-Injection system) was not capable to handle combustion chambers larger than 125cc, it toke Honda 4 year, and 3 generations of the PGM-FI (Honda fuel-injection system to develop a system that is capable to handle bigger small engines... Basically Honda found in 4 years a way to lower the production cost of the fuel-injection system technology used in big bike engines.

The Honda CBR150R went of the market as I predicted, and for almost a year nothing about a successor, just as the technology to benefits did not match-up. Actual the Honda CBR150Ri is reintroduced to not the Thai demand, it's the Indian demand, as the Indian market war is raging on the 150cc fuel-injection market... probably the Thai introduction is more a marketing effort that a actual profit thing.

In India, a country that has a free trade agreement with Thailand for motorcycles less than 250cc, is currently experiencing a big business sales of big bikes.... being the second largest populated country and Hero-Honda (the 4th biggest motorcycle manufacture in the world not being Honda anymore) Honda need all hands on in India... so a Honda CBR150Ri to challenge the Yamaha YZT-R15 will be a helpful head-to-head... Creating a real purpose that makes money for Honda to relaunch the Honda CBR150Ri which was never really planned.... After Hero Corporation dropped Honda in India the once biggest motorcycle seller in the second biggest motorcycle country is now the smallest player... They needed a poker card which ever teenager was thinking when they dream about a performance motorcycle they could afford …. now you have the real reason why Honda re-launched the CBR150R.

I would have more faith in your assertion if it was grounded in reality. In fact the CBR 150R(i) still hasn't gone on sale in India yet. They assume it will in March and have a cost of 1,2 lakh (about 90 000 THB). That's a year late to the party, considering that the CBR 250R was launched back in March 2011 and costs 1,51 lakh (about 113 000 THB). Granted that 0,31 lakh is a huge sum to most Indians (some 9 months salary), there isn't a big price differental especially considering that the Ninja 250R costs 3 lakh (225 000 THB).

I would have more faith in your assertion if it was grounded in reality. In fact the CBR 150R(i) still hasn't gone on sale in India yet. They assume it will in March and have a cost of 1,2 lakh (about 90 000 THB). That's a year late to the party, considering that the CBR 250R was launched back in March 2011 and costs 1,51 lakh (about 113 000 THB). Granted that 0,31 lakh is a huge sum to most Indians (some 9 months salary), there isn't a big price differental especially considering that the Ninja 250R costs 3 lakh (225 000 THB).

Now that Honda is on it's own and desperate to get some populare models on the market, they need to reach to model Indian teenagers dreaming off. Thailand and India have a free-trade-agreement, so as your website link suggest the price would be much less.

To compare the Kawasaki Ninja 250R sold in Thailand, is not that much different, concidering transport and import duty to the Thai price, while still being imported from Thailand....

Do you remember who said that the Kawasaki Ninja 250R was coming, actually it was not me telling that on this forum, but a website I host reported the very first road test in Thailand of a Kawasaki Ninja 250R.... and who was saying it would not happen....

I think it says all when people know you ride a motorcycle bigger than 200cc, and it's actually a Kawasaki Ninja 250R... but than I hope you still have it in good condition as some of your friend often post pictures that you're more off the bike in a ditch than on the bike... of course nobody in the right mind will believe friends like that also...

Of course I could post links to 4-year old postings, but I can also show you links to Albert Einstein telling us that some technolgy that we use now-a-day as luxury around us every minute would be impossible....

That's your answer to my questioning your post? You resort to the time that I ended up in the cane field? Congratulations Richard!

I'll even repeat it if it makes you feel better. I high-sided the Ninja 250R that my wife bought me (even though I am an admitted Honda whore) shortly after receiving it. I also low sided my CBR 150 at Seacon's track one time if you are interested in that. If you are referring to pictures of the bike in the back of a truck, that were posted on another forum, and I am assuming that you did not read that post because otherwise you are simply trying to twist facts, you would have known that the "DID" chain I had bought three days previously had stretched out to the point that it simply would not stay on the sprockets.

But I guess in your world, some 15000 km over 14 weeks on some of the worst roads while trying to keep up with bikes that are much bigger and riders that are MUCH better and only having that one accident is tantamount to my bringing up facts as being in-admissable to threads...

Talking about money for Indian people, yes India has a lot of people living below the poverty rate of the United Nations. Also it ranks in the top 5 of millionairs in the world, Thailand doesn't appear until page two...

Appearently the big bike thing is getting on a bit faster that Thailand in India, everybody is actually selling bikes in India, Honda started, Suzuki, Yamaha, Harley-Davidson (who ressently even started a production company), MV Aguasta (by Lifan will launch 200 dealers in nation wide in India)....

Edited by Richard-BKK

On the hopes of getting this thread back on track (possible CBR 600F released in Thailand), I'm going to try and force the issue (get RichardBKK to bugger off) by asking him these questions:

You place importance on keeping the bike upright to validate ones posts on a forum irrespective of the facts presented by that person. It also appears that 'friends' opinions matter. Having noted that, it is also noted that you used to have an 1098 and now own an 1198. Those bikes have to be exceedingly rare in Thailand, meaning anyone you've ridden with would instantly know it was you (I can imagine that the subset of Dutch riding those bikes is even smaller). And yet nobody has ever given a ride report where they mentioned you. There has never been anyone who has came forward and said "That Flying Dutchman can handle his bike like Stoner". So just how many km do you rack up?

On the hopes of getting this thread back on track (possible CBR 600F released in Thailand), I'm going to try and force the issue (get RichardBKK to bugger off) by asking him these questions:

You place importance on keeping the bike upright to validate ones posts on a forum irrespective of the facts presented by that person. It also appears that 'friends' opinions matter. Having noted that, it is also noted that you used to have an 1098 and now own an 1198. Those bikes have to be exceedingly rare in Thailand, meaning anyone you've ridden with would instantly know it was you (I can imagine that the subset of Dutch riding those bikes is even smaller). And yet nobody has ever given a ride report where they mentioned you. There has never been anyone who has came forward and said "That Flying Dutchman can handle his bike like Stoner". So just how many km do you rack up?

Actually for some time I not own a Ducati, basically when I learned that a new 1199 was coming around I sold it. And any imagination that I can handle a motorcycle like Casey Stoner is just in your brain, but than a few weeks ago Jorge Lorenzo the top player of Yamaha and winner of many races, including the MotoGP, finaly qualified for his offcial motorcycle drivers licensens... So are you sure Casey Stoner has a driver license... or are you just talking buill shitt