Busts Show Dog-Smuggling Trade Booming

Lite Beer

Maybe we should start applying that to some despicable human beings ....? There's plenty of those kind of mongrels out there and well, push come to shove there have been situations wherein people did eat each other ... would also help us get rid of a lot of scum.... so let's go for "Human Scum cuisine" too!!! Would also help relieve the over population of the world ...

if it cleans up the mongrel dog population...then I am all for canine cuisine.

Soi dogs.....part of the fun of living in Thailand.......but if you old farts can't handle it, go back to Germany or Sweden or where ever it is you come from.....I'm sure you'll find something to grumble about back home, ......like the rising price of sponge cake or something. thumbsup.gif

Well said chinook!

In the 10 years I have lived in Thailand, I have never felt seriously threatened by a soi dog. That's more than I can say for the human population, domestic and othehrwise. And even though I have met a few unpleasant people over the years, I wouldn't advocate rounding up whole neighborhoods to be eaten in some neighboring country as a solution.

Really ... but you know what ...I would!! And would prefer to get rid of them than the Soi Dogs....passifier.gif

Are you Buddhist....?? I think you are ...???

Try cleaning yourself up and taking care of them and maybe you will feel different and more human

Round em up, and either sell em to be eaten or pets or put em down. They are dirty, often diseased, polluting animals. Getting rid of them will help Thais move into the cleaner, safer, quieter, more pleasant future.

With all the stray. unkept dogs that wander around on the sois of the major cities in Thailand (including the ones that sleep at the entrances of the Seven Elevens or along a sidewalk acting as a speed bump) I say it is good that these dogs are being picked off the streets. I don't care if they are being eaten as long as they are no longer around. This is an inexpensive way for the Thai government to expedite these uncared* four legged creatures. (Note: a "CARED" dog has the proper shots, is bathed, is given proper food daily, and is owned by a particular family and stays in their secure yard. Putting a colar on a dog and let it becomme a "community dog" is not being cared for)

And what if your 'cared' for dog is taken from your secure yard by some dog smugglers? What if the gate is left open and your dog goes wandering and is taken? You assume dog smugglers only take stray Soi dogs.

Most soi dogs are quite loving and friendly creatures and to see them packed in on top of each other in cramped cages is something I find distressing.

If Soi dogs are to be rounded up and sold off as food it needs to be done in a humane manner. In a way that doesn't promote monetarily incentivised wholesale removal of as many dogs as possible from one area.

Dog smugglers don't discriminate between pets and strays.

Good post.

It may be better if these dogs are put down humanely if they can't be cared for. At least that would be better than the treatment they can expect if they are intercepted. http://www.soidog.org/en/you-can-help-stop-the-dog-meat-trade/

Like you say not all of these dogs are strays and how would they know if they were or not. My gf has dogs and they often wonder off the property as there is nothing to stop them. We also get dogs from nearby houses coming onto our property. It's just how they live.

I will admit that her dogs don't have their shots and aren't neutered. This is for several reasons. Firstly there is a vet who is related to her brother in law but it's all very basic. It's very difficult to get a dog on a Honda Wave when it's not used to it so can't take to city vet and I'm not sure how advanced they are anyway as there is no x ray for animals in Mahasarakham as far as I'm aware. There is a program to neuter dogs but as I said transport is the problem. Her bitches do get an injection to prevent them getting pregnant but it doesn't seem to work. Believe me you certainly realise you're in a different country when you need a good vet as I discovered on my last visit when one of our dogs stopped eating and died.

• Like 1

Are you Buddhist....?? I think you are ...???

Try cleaning yourself up and taking care of them and maybe you will feel different and more human

Round em up, and either sell em to be eaten or pets or put em down. They are dirty, often diseased, polluting animals. Getting rid of them will help Thais move into the cleaner, safer, quieter, more pleasant future.

I am of no religious affiliation. And, I actually care for a couple stray dogs in my neighborhood. I care for them better than just about anyone, feeding them sufficient chicken and beef twice daily and making sure they have water and are generally OK. I still, however, would like the problem to be dealt with.

Maybe we should start applying that to some despicable human beings ....? There's plenty of those kind of mongrels out there and well, push come to shove there have been situations wherein people did eat each other ... would also help us get rid of a lot of scum.... so let's go for "Human Scum cuisine" too!!! Would also help relieve the over population of the world ...

if it cleans up the mongrel dog population...then I am all for canine cuisine.

Yes...once you have your morning coffee or tea, you might settle down and realise that dogs are dogs....not humans....mongrel unwanted dogs are just that.

Do you feel the same about fish and every other animal that we eat ?? If not...why not ??