Date/Time Sync Wrong On Samsung

4evermaat

Samsung galaxy ace/cooper. 2.2.1 The "automatic retrieval of time via provider network" never worked correctly with this phone. so i would set the timezone manually first, and then only occassionally would see the time zone would have to be changed manually.

But starting 2 weeks ago a new problem emerged. When the phone turns off from time to time, and perhaps on some other occassions the time now is way off by several hours and minutes (well beyond time-zone difference). So is the date showing several days off.

What is the problem here? is there some internal battery that needs replaced? time is important, esp for alarm function.I do NOT have rooted phone.

Should i root? can i keep existing samsung rom or i must get whole new rom?

"2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app.<br />

Edited by 4evermaat

I have the same phone ..Cooper & that happened once to me.

Since then I un-checked automatic ( use network-provided values )

under the Date & Time settings & have never had a problem since.

PS: I do have Android version 2.3.4 on mine & that is what came with it.

Edited by flying

The cell systems here don't seem to send correct system time. You can root with a PC app (need adb turned on on your device) called Super One Click from XDA forums. Then you can run an app from Market called ClockSync that keeps your phone's time synced to NTP time servers. Basically after that, depending on how often you have it update the time, your phone is as accurate as the Atomic Clock in the U.S.

I have noticed this once or twice on my Samsung Galaxy S2 also. Seems to depend on network being used. I found it happened when I was international roaming. I un-checked automatic ( use network-provided values ) and set time manually in the problem region. Something like Androids app Clocksync would be useful.