Is It That Cold?

gennisis

I happened to look at the weather forcast on Thai Visa web page.

According to it,the temp at 0700 is as low as 13 C. My thermometer reads 24 C.

I understand that the readings are done at the airport area...so I cant believe a difference of 11 C....up on the hills maybe but

I am out by the ring road.

I'm on the eigth floor of a building near the river close to Narwat bridge, it's 10:12 and the thermometer on my balcony is showing 14 degrees and there's very little wind.

Well I'm glad its not so cold here otherwise it would be looking for a warmer shirt

Damned cold this morning. I woke up feeling cold and was looking for some blanket cover, then realized I was already under my (very warm) blanket but still feeling cold!

13 degrees, I believe it!

The other shocker is in the evening when I'm already in bed, and then my wife joins me with sub-zero penguin feet.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

Perfect weather!

Ditto, I still swim every day,around 10am, in an outside pool and sitting in the sun afterwards the temp is about 25-28 degrees, most days, when the sun is out.If people think its cold they have obviously not lived in a cold climate. Winter in CM is bliss.

Washed my car this afternoon and didn't break a sweat, ideal weather. Of course having done that probably means rain tomorrow. wink.png

Was working in my garden this afternoon and broke a lot of sweat. I though it was hot during the day. Feeling a bit cold now. Just checked my thermometer and it is 19 degrees. No way I could ever go back to live in England.

What's interesting about that 14 day forecast is the increase in the maximum temp.. It's going from 30 to 37 degrees. It looks like hot season is on the way. Yes I can't wait. I know I'm in the minority here but I love hot season and I love the heat. That is why I live in a hot country. bring it on.

• Like 1

Yes. dam_n cold.

And I'll eat my shorts in front of Thapae Gate if it gets to 37 C in the next two weeks.

Long range forecasts are worthless. Anyone predicting 37° in CM in January needs a new computer model. Or a human to look at the numbers before thy go up.

It was 12.5° this morning at the airport. Wonderful!

Damned cold this morning. I woke up feeling cold and was looking for some blanket cover, then realized I was already under my (very warm) blanket but still feeling cold!

The other shocker is in the evening when I'm already in bed, and then my wife joins me with sub-zero penguin feet.

Ah yes, the joy when one's tirak wants to snuggle-up, followed by the shock of ice-cold feet ! ohmy.png

I remember it well, from every winter when we lived in the UK, but had hoped that those days were past, after we moved to CM !tongue.png

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifgiggle.gif

Freezing last night on a motorbike outside the city limits - was supposed to have left it behind in the UK .Thank god the Thai missus insisted I pack jumpers and a jacket. BTW passed a Farang monk on the street near Thaepae Gate this morning and we exchanged smiles - anybody know where's theres a temple with Pra Falangs I feel the need to confess.

Freezing last night on a motorbike outside the city limits - was supposed to have left it behind in the UK .Thank god the Thai missus insisted I pack jumpers and a jacket. BTW passed a Farang monk on the street near Thaepae Gate this morning and we exchanged smiles - anybody know where's theres a temple with Pra Falangs I feel the need to confess.

We take confessions right here on Thaivisa.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai