Samoeng Loop Lunch Spot

folium

For general info.

This time stopped at the Phu Jaya Resort and had a very civilised lunch.

Nice little spot, great views and decent food. Recommended for any other weekend loopers.

Edited by folium

I also like the Tiger Kingdom restaurant, though of course it's very much at the Mae Rim end of the loop, so not suitable if you're looking for something halfway-ish.

All the resorts have restaurants of course, I don't think I've found one that's truly memorable, but most fit the bill for lunch.

Also there's that place built over a fast flowing river / small waterfall, a little before you get to the elephant camp. It's a beautiful spot, but the food is so-so. I keep hoping they improve because it's just the perfect setting for such a trip.

For general info.

Nice little spot, great views and decent food. Recommended for any other weekend loopers.

Is that the place going up a semi steep private drive?

Been meaning to check it out, prices & menu?

For general info.

Is that the place going up a semi steep private drive?

Been meaning to check it out, prices & menu?

Yes, sounds like it.

Wasn't paying but in the 200-250 per head bracket, Thai food, authentic and well done.

Very friendly service.

Mon Jam(?) it's way up on top of a mountain. If you're travelling anti clockwise, it's the first main turn off as you start descending after the Queen Sirikit Botanic Gardens. Terrific views, camping available. Thai food. Recommend the salad with passion fruit dressing.

Also there's that place built over a fast flowing river / small waterfall, a little before you get to the elephant camp. It's a beautiful spot, but the food is so-so. I keep hoping they improve because it's just the perfect setting for such a trip.

It's indeed in a good spot and good to take visitors to, but food defo ordinary as you say. Also, had it a couple of times there where they'ye systematically added on Singha beers when I've not even been drinking. Both times we were the only ones there. Watch the cheque bin, folks!

Mon Jam(?) it's way up on top of a mountain. If you're travelling anti clockwise, it's the first main turn off as you start descending after the Queen Sirikit Botanic Gardens. Terrific views, camping available. Thai food. Recommend the salad with passion fruit dressing.

Along the same road going up from Pong Yang to Mon Chaem but going past the sharp turn up to the Mon Chaem resort is Mon In Dao, a similar style camping and restaurant spot with a great view and less expensive than on Chaem. It is just past the high spot on the road, just past the cell phone towers and the little sala. On the weekends both spots offer, for a fee, rides up to the "Rock Tower", one of the rare expansive mountain top view points where, alas, what you see these days are plastic covered fields in the distance. But although not the view of yesteryear, still a good view.

• Like 1