What To Do Advice/Help

DEVATSAR

Hi All

Just got back from Pattaya Bankok hospital, saw the LAP BAND expert who told me I have to have the band removed!

The band is eating into my stomach, its called "lap band erosion" potential very serious.

The band is also poking through the colon, surgeon says in twenty years he has never known this (could only happen to me)

Options.......

1 Have the band removed here in Thailand cost of 6,000 UK Pounds !!!!! stay in hospital 3-4 days Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

2 Come back to UK BUT it wont be a emergency as I am in no pain or in need "urgent medical treatment" The hospital WONT do any corrective surgery, could go private no problem to have the band removed dont know the cost but was 7000 uk pounds

So OK, I could come back to UK until I start feeling really ill, then go in as an "medical emergency" and have the band removed free via NHS How long do I have to wait. maybe never start to feel ill. What a bloody dilemma.

3 If I start feeling unwell, i.e. pain, discomfort, fever etc than that is a big problem, could be serious infection etc caused by the Lap Band erosion . I could be seriously ill in a short period of time. days ?

If I come back to UK they WONT do the "corrective surgery", The Thai consultant couldn't say how long before this becomes a real problem, its impossible to predict, could be days, weeks, months etc.... IM REALLY CONFUSED !!

What do I do ???, I feel like I am a walking time bomb if you get my drift. Very unhappy, between the devil and the deep blue sea !!

I feel fine, fit. and this is a kick in the teeth for sure.

Need help/Advicencrying_face.gif

Paul

Paul,

Do not leave this and wait for it to become an emergency! It could cost you your life-- or a colostomy -- or at least considerable suffering.

I suggest you investigate less expensive hospitals in Thailand, BPH is top end price wise.

As you seem to be in the Pattya area., start with Queen Sirikit Naval Hospital.

Could also try St Louis Hosp in Bkk http://www.saintloui...ntact/index.php

And Bangkok Christian Hosp http://www.bkkchrist...hk_mn=14&lang=E

But try Queen Sirikit first, it will be the least expensive of all. It will help to bring a Thai speaker with you if you can, the doctors speak English well but the nurses and admin staff don't and the red tape for registration can be confusing at first. But the care is excellent and costs a fraction of a private hospital.

You need to get the band out ASAP. Bring any films or scans with you to avoid unnecessary repeat tests.

Agree with Sheryl here; a ruptured or leaking bowel is a surgical emergency and you will not be able to travel on a commercial airline (or at all) if this happens.

Difficult to understand how the colon is involved.. How was the diagnosis made at BPH?

Agree with Sheryl here; a ruptured or leaking bowel is a surgical emergency and you will not be able to travel on a commercial airline (or at all) if this happens.

Difficult to understand how the colon is involved.. How was the diagnosis made at BPH?

Ive seen the video of the INTRUSION OF THE BAND INTO MY COLON, the Lap band expert says in twenty yers he has never seen this before, It could only happen to me !!

Going back to the UK for removal/examintauion in two weeks, its not that i dont trust them out here BUT i will have a good back up in the UK in the NHS system, plus I would be happier with people/surgeons i can FULLY understand when I am asking questions etc (if you get my reasoining)

Many thanks, the diagniois was made at Pattaya Bangcock Hospital ?

Regards

paul