Locksmith

phandamonium

For over 12 years I've looked for the same thing. Once I had to go to C.Mai, but after that, even the shop there didn't have them any more. In Thai, they call it 'master key.' If you're lucky enough to find a set (and I have twice) they're usually sitting in a dusty dark corner of a shop, and they always cost twice as much as four locksets keyed individually. Maybe a locksmith can explain why that's so. It seems so odd.

There is, however, a place to buy padlocks which are keyed alike - though their selection is spotty. It's the corner hardware store next to a bank (west side) on the cross road between the two clock towers. It's about 60 meters west of Bangkok Bank on the other side of the street. Sorry, I don't know street names.

A place which can order keyed-alike sets of door knobs/locks: the lumber and door shop on the SE corner of the 2nd stop light north of the Super hwy bridge. I also like that place because the sales people there are friendly and open - in contrast to Chinese-Thai owned places where they rarely look at you, or grunt more than 2 words to any of your questions. I've ordered them there in boxes of four.

Apparently, Thailand doesn't relate to 'keyed-alike.' They're so obsessed with security (walls and fences around every house/property, bars on windows) that they probably think that having one key for more than one lock will invite thieves.

• 1 month later...

4 wat its worth,

Tried lots of places and couldnt find what I wanted.

THEN yesterday I was wandering thru "sahapaboon" ( yer I know) the hardware shop near Mr machinery on same side as him.

I saw a man sitting at a table with a lot of pins and some keys and I knew what they were!!

Seems he was just there yesterday but a lady is there , I dont know for how long , they both knew their way around locks and I had my 2 entrance locks with key alike in about 6 minutes.

Yale have a promotion on at the moment. Just paid for the locks keying was free.