Cremating Farang

dippyrick

I believe it's possible to be disposed of in Thailand.

When i die i wish to be cremated by the wife in the local temple.

It will be good if i can get whatever paperwork/permission in order.

I'm a Brit but would imagine it's the same requirement(s) for all.

Can anyone enlighten me as to how one goes about it ??

Cheers

wai.gif

Edited by metisdead
Bold unusual font removed. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

Have a local insurance policy and let her take care of it all. If she loves you and is caring she will do the right thing.

You will be dead and gone so it is up to them.

Make sure you have the death certificate and I cannot see the need for any other docs.

There can sometimes be a need for a fatal accident inquiry in the UK for deaths overseas. I would suggest you make a UK will and a Thai will in regards to the disposal of your body. In particular, ensure that your UK next of kin are satisfied with the arrangements. Dont leave any doubt in anyones mind that this is your choice and the way youn want to go.

edit

ps Dont assume you will go before your wife. Accidents and illness can strilke down anyone at any age.

Edited by theblether

Have a local insurance policy and let her take care of it all. If she loves you and is caring she will do the right thing.

Make sure you have the death certificate and I cannot see the need for any other docs.

There are quite a few other documents needed unfortunately.

The police should come to view your body to check that you died of natural causes, ie no knife or bullet wounds etc after which they let the body go to the hospital.

Then you will get a death certificate from the hospital from which your family reclaim the body, and it is the responsibility of the police to report your death to the UK embassy.

http://ukinthailand....-register-death

gives good information and help and there are a couple of related documents there as well.

I have set up a death book for my wife, just a loose leaf forlder telling her where things are, pension details, UK Bereavement Benefit paperwork worth GBP 2,000, who to contact in the UK etc.

The UK Bereavement Benefit is about 20 pages long but can be dowloaded and completed beforehand but to obtain the Benefit your death has to be reported and then they will send the form. After that it is easy to copy all the details across.

They also require your birth certificate, marriage certificate and some othe documents which will be returned.

Your family will also have to return your passport.

I also have a couple of farang friends who will help her out when talking to government departments in the UK.

It is something everybody needs to do now while they can to make life for their Thai wife and family easier when they have gone.

Edited by billd766
  • Like 2

The police should come to view your body to check that you died of natural causes, ie no knife or bullet wounds etc after which they let the body go to the hospital.

Then you will get a death certificate from the hospital from which your family reclaim the body, and it is the responsibility of the police to report your death to the UK embassy.

gives good information and help and there are a couple of related documents there as well.

I have set up a death book for my wife, just a loose leaf forlder telling her where things are, pension details, UK Bereavement Benefit paperwork worth GBP 2,000, who to contact in the UK etc.

The UK Bereavement Benefit is about 20 pages long but can be dowloaded and completed beforehand but to obtain the Benefit your death has to be reported and then they will send the form. After that it is easy to copy all the details across.

They also require your birth certificate, marriage certificate and some othe documents which will be returned.

I also have a couple of farang friends who will help her out when talking to government departments in the UK.

It is something everybody needs to do now while they can to make life for their Thai wife and family easier when they have gone.

Thanks Bild, that is a very informative report, and a wake-up call for me to get things in order. I will copy your idea of a folder containing everything required for the wife; and as a UK pensioner I will have to look into the situation regarding payment of a bereavement benefit to her - 2o pages! sounds like something only a UK civil servant could come up with; put in enough confusing bullshit and many people will fail to qualify)

Elwood

Thanks Bild, that is a very informative report, and a wake-up call for me to get things in order. I will copy your idea of a folder containing everything required for the wife; and as a UK pensioner I will have to look into the situation regarding payment of a bereavement benefit to her - 2o pages! sounds like something only a UK civil servant could come up with; put in enough confusing bullshit and many people will fail to qualify)

Elwood

It has taken me 1 1/2 years of nagging to get my wife to make her will and she finally did it last month and her niece will get it translated in BKK.

That was over a month ago so I think I will have to get my big boots out and start kicking and shouting again.

In our case we have a 7 year old son which is no problem BUT in her will she leaves the house and land to him and I will be the legal guardian if she dies first otherwise the house and land will be mine and I will have to sell it within a year.

However if there is no legal registered copy of a will that is the time that problems may start depending on the wifes Thai family.

BUT if there is a legal will, and it is registered at the amphur, and each of you has a copy in Thai and in English the problems will be much smaller.

Please get it done ASAP as you may not be the first to go.

Elwood

It has taken me 1 1/2 years of nagging to get my wife to make her will and she finally did it last month and her niece will get it translated in BKK.

That was over a month ago so I think I will have to get my big boots out and start kicking and shouting again.

In our case we have a 7 year old son which is no problem BUT in her will she leaves the house and land to him and I will be the legal guardian if she dies first otherwise the house and land will be mine and I will have to sell it within a year.

However if there is no legal registered copy of a will that is the time that problems may start depending on the wifes Thai family.

BUT if there is a legal will, and it is registered at the amphur, and each of you has a copy in Thai and in English the problems will be much smaller.

Please get it done ASAP as you may not be the first to go.

Thanks again Bild, your comments have been a great help to all, I'm sure.

in her will she leaves the house and land to him and I will be the legal guardian if she dies first otherwise the house and land will be mine and I will have to sell it within a year.

billd766

Sorry for being ignorant (english is not my first language). I'm reading this as: if your wife dies first, her son will get the house and land. But if you die first, the house and land would be yours. unsure.png

At least when you are dead and getting cremated here you won't be aware of the humiliation that your body will go through after you die.

They will open your coffin frequently to add ice add gloat, they will open your coffin and wash you with Coconut juice and gloat, then just before you are burned, they will open your coffin for everyone and everything to see, then they will burn you with a few firecrackers and whoop whoop whoop! - I find it a bit degrading - but what the hell, you might get your wings on your beret for having that huge "parachute landing" I'd hate to think what happens if you are a Farang - they probably take a squint at your dick! (The local Doctor at our local hospital reprimanded a nurse for commenting on the size of my 5 year olds dick when he broke his leg...Amazing Thailand)

I saw my father in law cremated here, and believe me, watching someone burn with gallons of diesel and old truck tyres is not really the way I want to go out.

I was thinking maybe the wife could just wrap me up in brown paper and EMS me back to the UK?

Edited by Willeyeam

At least when you are dead and getting cremated here you won't be aware of the humiliation that your body will go through after you die.

They will open your coffin frequently to add ice add gloat, they will open your coffin and wash you with Coconut juice and gloat, then just before you are burned, they will open your coffin for everyone and everything to see, then they will burn you with a few firecrackers and whoop whoop whoop! - I find it a bit degrading - but what the hell, you might get your wings on your beret for having that huge "parachute landing" I'd hate to think what happens if you are a Farang - they probably take a squint at your dick! (The local Doctor at our local hospital reprimanded a nurse for commenting on the size of my 5 year olds dick when he broke his leg...Amazing Thailand)

I saw my father in law cremated here, and believe me, watching someone burn with gallons of diesel and old truck tyres is not really the way I want to go out.

I was thinking maybe the wife could just wrap me up in brown paper and EMS me back to the UK?

With your attitude I should think the wife and family would be happy to send you away by post.

With your attitude I should think the wife and family would be happy to send you away by post.

They'd love to, but as usual they can never afford it - they would have to take out their usual 10% per month interest loans from their local money sharks you dippo!

Edited by Willeyeam

A couple of years ago I got lumbered with my elderly Uncle who became too frail to take care of himself in the States.

Last month there was a promotion on at our local temple for cremations. So we had dear old Uncle cremated before he died. Didn`t really matter as he had one foot in the grave anyway and the monks were very understanding.

Although he did suffer a painful death, we did save over 40% on funeral fees, so it was all worthwhile.

They'd love to, but as usual they can never afford it - they would have to take out their usual 10% per month interest loans from their local money sharks you dippo!

Thanks for the compliment - better to be considered a dippo than a miserable, whining old git!

There can sometimes be a need for a fatal accident inquiry in the UK for deaths overseas. I would suggest you make a UK will and a Thai will in regards to the disposal of your body. In particular, ensure that your UK next of kin are satisfied with the arrangements. Dont leave any doubt in anyones mind that this is your choice and the way youn want to go.

edit

ps Dont assume you will go before your wife. Accidents and illness can strilke down anyone at any age.

Bloody good point initially all my planning was "I would fall off the shelf first" but then I thought about the uncertaintity of life so now plans are in vogue for both contingents including we both tumble at the same time.

in her will she leaves the house and land to him and I will be the legal guardian if she dies first otherwise the house and land will be mine and I will have to sell it within a year.

billd766

Sorry for being ignorant (english is not my first language). I'm reading this as: if your wife dies first, her son will get the house and land. But if you die first, the house and land would be yours. unsure.png

I am sorry if it is not clear.

According to her will when she dies the house and land will go to our son and as his legal guardian (he is 7 now) I would hold it in trust for him until he comes of age.

This will work IF she makes her will AND it is registered at the amphur.

If it is not registered it is the same as her not making a will at all and then the normal Thai lineage comes into play.

The problem is that if the house and land are left to me as her husband, by Thai law I HAVE to sell the house and land in one year because as a foreigner I am not allowed to own land in Thailand.

I hope that is a bit clearer.

Edited by billd766

billd766

I am sorry if it is not clear.

According to her will when she dies the house and land will go to our son and as his legal guardian (he is 7 now) I would hold it in trust for him until he comes of age.

This will work IF she makes her will AND it is registered at the amphur.

If it is not registered it is the same as her not making a will at all and then the normal Thai lineage comes into play.

The problem is that if the house and land are left to me as her husband, by Thai law I HAVE to sell the house and land in one year because as a foreigner I am not allowed to own land in Thailand.

I hope that is a bit clearer.

Crystal clear. smile.png

I am dealing with the affairs of my wife's aunt's husband who died 6 months ago. The UK Government coughed up pretty quickly and she has received the 2 grand Death Benefit Allowance from them and also collects a reduced pension (about 20K baht) every 4 weeks paid into her Thai bank account. So far the money collected from HMG is in excess of 230,000 baht. The pension payments are terminated after one year or on remarriage whichever is the sooner. When she reaches UK retirement age she will collect a pension in her own right based on her late husband's contributions since both he, and I, took the trouble of acquiring National Insurance ID's (and cards) for our wives before the UK Government disallowed this. Death Benefit Allowance is claimable in respect of every UK citizen irrespective of all other factors and is not subject to tax. I scanned the 20 page Death Benefit page application form before completing it on behalf of his widow and have completed a copy with my own details. When I kick off, all my wife will have to do is sign on the dotted line and write in the Gregorian (not Thai!!!) date. The Pensions Service have confirmed to me in writing that they will accept the completed photocopied form. They further confirmed that they would not require an original copy of our Marriage Certificate since that had already been seen - and interpreted by their own staff - when I applied for an increased pension on marriage, although they admitted that a photocopied copy would help speed things up.

In respect of providing a copy of Aunty's birth certificate they were very understanding when I sent photographs of typical up country villages and how poor Thai people lived. I stated that she had been an evacuee as her family had fled from Cambodia during the Pol Pot regime and that in any event, even if her parents had obtained a copy, which they wouldn't realise the utility of, or being able to afford the fee for something that they couldn't read anyway, the document would have been destroyed by humidity and/or insects by now. A duplicate copy could be obtained but only after bribing the local officials and since that is in itself unlawful, even if it is the way things are done in Thailand, I was not prepared to put myself at risk of a sojourn in any Thai prison until even more money was handed over to secure my release. Such an event could also lead to my visa being cancelled. Details recorded on any duplicate Birth Certificate would be copied from her ID card.

I also said that according to Thai law every person over the age of 15 (is it now 7?) is obliged to card their ID cards at all times. Those caught out risked being borne away to the nearest lock-up until 2 relatives arrived bringing the required card, paying a fine and leaving a generous 'tip' to the police. In those circumstances sending her ID card was totally out of the question. I sent photocopies of her ID card and of her Passport. I argued that surely if a department of one of the Thailand Governments stated that she was born on a certain date and at a certain place, then a UK Government department should do likewise. Collapse of stout party.

One of the pension funds has already paid out but have advised me that they have in accordance with the law, deducted Income Tax which they state is refundable on application to the Revenue. The biggest problem has been two UK banks who do not answer letters promptly and have stated that they are investigating whether anybody else has a claim to the credit balances. I have given them until 1st February to shell out before I make a formal complaint to the Banking Omsbusman the costs of which they will bear whatever the outcome. Another pension fund is also being difficult and I have put them under threat of legal action with the assistance of the CAB.

Collecting all the dosh due is not easy so if you care for the future welfare of your wife and family be a good Boy Scout by being well prepared, doing as much of the paperwork as you can yourself whilst you are still able. I would strongly advise to steer well clear of Thai lawyers, many of whom are more bent than the BiB. Giving Power of Attorney or designating one as Executor of your estate may well prove to be an act of World class stupidity. (and I was told this by a Thai lawyer)

I have writen down all the details of my financial affairs so that my wife can clear out all my Thai bank accounts over a period of time by using my ATM cards to obtain cash. I have advised her not to tell the banks of my demise as this might well lead to complications. Let them define the accounts initially as being dormant and in the fullness of time, close them. She will need to use the telephone banking facility to clear out my offshore accounts, payment being directed to the Thai bank account that I normally transfer money to by Telex, which will require the assistance of an English speaking male. Another option is to sign a cheque with her nominated as the payee so that, after determining the credit balance by using the Internet banking facility, she should enter the amount on the cheque and date it. I have set up a print routine on my PC to do this. I need to determine whether a Thai bank would honour a cheque from a UK bank and what charges for such a service they would levy. Certainly they would not 'divi' up before they received the money from UK and I wouldn't put it past them to hang on to it for a while, permanently, if they could find a way..

If anybody would like to obtain blank copies of the Death Benefit allowance claim forms, please PM me stating your e-mail address and I will send them to you. I charge a very small fee for this service and suggest that a photograph of David Lloyd George smoking his pipe while sitting in the bath, or one of the Cheltenham Over 80's Nude Leapfrog team in action would be very acceptable.

Question please ; There is no will . Our son is in her blue book . If my beloved wife dies will her house and land be inherited by our son ? What will happen to her land .

Edit ; we pay a type of village death insurance every month and have a hole in the wall at the wat .

Edited by onionluke

Question please ; There is no will . Our son is in her blue book . If my beloved wife dies will her house and land be inherited by our son ? What will happen to her land .

Edit ; we pay a type of village death insurance every month and have a hole in the wall at the wat .

If properly married in Thailand, you would be entitled to 50% of the assets.

Edited by Semper

Hmmm. I think this thread deals entirely with cremating a married male. "The wife this, the wife that..."

What about for a single, retired, foreign male living full-time, permanently in Thailand with little to no family ties left? (As you might guess: that's me!) How would I arrange to be cremated? Is it as simple as going to a wat and paying the abbot in advance? Who delivers the corpse to the wat?

Is it true (as stated above) that the police have to examine the body of any dead farange? How creepy knowing some stuffed brown shirt is going to be leering over my fat, naked corpse. Yuck. Oh, well. I'll be dead anyway.

What about for a single, retired, foreign male living full-time, permanently in Thailand with little to no family ties left? (As you might guess: that's me!) How would I arrange to be cremated?

There is nothing to arrange, as this would be OPP (other people's problems). wink.png

Edited by Semper
  • Like 1

What about for a single, retired, foreign male living full-time, permanently in Thailand with little to no family ties left? (As you might guess: that's me!) How would I arrange to be cremated?

There is nothing to arrange, as this would be OPP (other people's problems). wink.png

Make a Thai will, make sure there is enough moolah in your bank to pay for a party, and book your place for the ashes to be left at your local wat.

I'm married, and have seen my allocated spot at our local temple - but I told the head monk that I don't intend to use it for a while!

Elwood

I am dealing with the affairs of my wife's aunt's husband who died 6 months ago. The UK Government coughed up pretty quickly and she has received the 2 grand Death Benefit Allowance from them and also collects a reduced pension (about 20K baht) every 4 weeks paid into her Thai bank account. So far the money collected from HMG is in excess of 230,000 baht. The pension payments are terminated after one year or on remarriage whichever is the sooner. When she reaches UK retirement age she will collect a pension in her own right based on her late husband's contributions since both he, and I, took the trouble of acquiring National Insurance ID's (and cards) for our wives before the UK Government disallowed this. Death Benefit Allowance is claimable in respect of every UK citizen irrespective of all other factors and is not subject to tax. I scanned the 20 page Death Benefit page application form before completing it on behalf of his widow and have completed a copy with my own details. When I kick off, all my wife will have to do is sign on the dotted line and write in the Gregorian (not Thai!!!) date. The Pensions Service have confirmed to me in writing that they will accept the completed photocopied form. They further confirmed that they would not require an original copy of our Marriage Certificate since that had already been seen - and interpreted by their own staff - when I applied for an increased pension on marriage, although they admitted that a photocopied copy would help speed things up.

In respect of providing a copy of Aunty's birth certificate they were very understanding when I sent photographs of typical up country villages and how poor Thai people lived. I stated that she had been an evacuee as her family had fled from Cambodia during the Pol Pot regime and that in any event, even if her parents had obtained a copy, which they wouldn't realise the utility of, or being able to afford the fee for something that they couldn't read anyway, the document would have been destroyed by humidity and/or insects by now. A duplicate copy could be obtained but only after bribing the local officials and since that is in itself unlawful, even if it is the way things are done in Thailand, I was not prepared to put myself at risk of a sojourn in any Thai prison until even more money was handed over to secure my release. Such an event could also lead to my visa being cancelled. Details recorded on any duplicate Birth Certificate would be copied from her ID card.

I also said that according to Thai law every person over the age of 15 (is it now 7?) is obliged to card their ID cards at all times. Those caught out risked being borne away to the nearest lock-up until 2 relatives arrived bringing the required card, paying a fine and leaving a generous 'tip' to the police. In those circumstances sending her ID card was totally out of the question. I sent photocopies of her ID card and of her Passport. I argued that surely if a department of one of the Thailand Governments stated that she was born on a certain date and at a certain place, then a UK Government department should do likewise. Collapse of stout party.

One of the pension funds has already paid out but have advised me that they have in accordance with the law, deducted Income Tax which they state is refundable on application to the Revenue. The biggest problem has been two UK banks who do not answer letters promptly and have stated that they are investigating whether anybody else has a claim to the credit balances. I have given them until 1st February to shell out before I make a formal complaint to the Banking Omsbusman the costs of which they will bear whatever the outcome. Another pension fund is also being difficult and I have put them under threat of legal action with the assistance of the CAB.

Collecting all the dosh due is not easy so if you care for the future welfare of your wife and family be a good Boy Scout by being well prepared, doing as much of the paperwork as you can yourself whilst you are still able. I would strongly advise to steer well clear of Thai lawyers, many of whom are more bent than the BiB. Giving Power of Attorney or designating one as Executor of your estate may well prove to be an act of World class stupidity. (and I was told this by a Thai lawyer)

I have writen down all the details of my financial affairs so that my wife can clear out all my Thai bank accounts over a period of time by using my ATM cards to obtain cash. I have advised her not to tell the banks of my demise as this might well lead to complications. Let them define the accounts initially as being dormant and in the fullness of time, close them. She will need to use the telephone banking facility to clear out my offshore accounts, payment being directed to the Thai bank account that I normally transfer money to by Telex, which will require the assistance of an English speaking male. Another option is to sign a cheque with her nominated as the payee so that, after determining the credit balance by using the Internet banking facility, she should enter the amount on the cheque and date it. I have set up a print routine on my PC to do this. I need to determine whether a Thai bank would honour a cheque from a UK bank and what charges for such a service they would levy. Certainly they would not 'divi' up before they received the money from UK and I wouldn't put it past them to hang on to it for a while, permanently, if they could find a way..

If anybody would like to obtain blank copies of the Death Benefit allowance claim forms, please PM me stating your e-mail address and I will send them to you. I charge a very small fee for this service and suggest that a photograph of David Lloyd George smoking his pipe while sitting in the bath, or one of the Cheltenham Over 80's Nude Leapfrog team in action would be very acceptable.

Bangkok Bank did honour a British Bank cheque for me, though it took over a month for them to put the cash in my account ( they say up to 45 days ). I can't remember the charge, but I think it was about 300 baht.

Don't know if this will help I copied it from another thread. Can't figure out how to send the link.

• default_large.png
  • Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 9 posts

Posted 2009-05-22 16:56:29

I recently lost my very good friend. She died of cancer at home here in Chiang Mai. Her son came from the U.S. to spend her last weeks with her and I promised him that I would post this information to help others deal with the particulars while they are having to deal with the pain of loss. Because, as the terminal diagnosis became an unavoidable reality we began to try to find information on what procedures should be followed when a falang dies in Chiang Mai. There was very little information to be found. The following is our experience of the steps to take following a death at home. ( One day, I hope to put some information regarding the whole treatment experience but that is for another time).

The evening my friend passed away her son called for an ambulance from Chiang Mai Ram (where she had been under the care of an oncologist). The ambulance arrived but, as she had already passed, they said that the police must be called first as it was a death outside of the hospital. The ambulance then returned to CMR. When the police arrived there was a lot of confusion. Luckily a Thai friend stepped in and explained that the deceased had been very ill with cancer for a long time. (At this point and from now on it is very important to have the passport of the deceased.) The police asked her son if he wished for an autopsy to determine if it was actually the cancer that had killed his mother. He declined. The police took a report and took a picture and allowed the son to call for another ambulance. The ambulance transported the deceased to the hospital and allowed the son and me to ride with the body.

At the hospital the body was placed in a refrigerated unit in the morgue (quite a small, informal area). The son was advised to contact the police to pick up the police report in the morning (the hospital verified which police station to go to) and then to contact the British Honorary Consulate (she was British). We were offered a ride back to our homes.

The police report was quickly obtained for no charge. We then went to the British H. Consulate where the son was treated with great kindness. The son had a birth certificate showing that he was next of kin. He was asked if there were any other relatives that should be involved with funeral arrangements. Copies were made of passports, birth certificate, and the police report. A letter was typed certifying that the son was the next of kin and was able to make funeral arrangements. He was advised as to which municipal office he needed to proceed to in order to get a death certificate. It must be the office in charge of the area in which the person died. There was no charge for any of this.

We encountered our first small glitch at the municipal office. The forms are in Thai and you will need someone who can read and write Thai to help you fill them out. We were very lucky as a young woman on her break from work offered to help. The death certificate was obtained in a short time and copies made.

The next step was to go to the temple. We had chosen Wat Pa Paeng. We had not spoken to anyone officially before this, however, as they won't make arrangements without the death certificate. By now we had been joined by a friend who speaks fluent Thai. (Very necessary at this point.) There was a Thai gentleman at the wat who spoke with us and within 30 minutes the arrangements had been made for a simple Buddhist cremation for the following afternoon. The price for the ceremony was 5,000 baht to be paid in an envelope before the ceremony. Another 200 baht would be paid when the remains were picked up on the morning following the funeral.

We then proceeded to the hospital where we made arrangements for an ambulance to take the body to the wat the following afternoon. We also requested to have a change of clothes put on the body. This was all arranged easily. However, if you bring a change of clothing be sure that the items have buttons or closings that allow it to be put on a stiffening body, Sliding clothing over the head or feet may not work.

At the appointed time the following day we arrived back at the hospital and paid a small fee for the all of the hospital services (several ambulance rides and storage in the morgue, 600baht).The body was wrapped in a white sheet and we accompanied it in an ambulance to the wat. The body was placed on a wooden tray. Monks chanted and performed a simple ceremony. Family and friends were allowed to place flowers (usually wreaths in Thailand) on the body and to say good-bye. The crematorium was opened and the body was slid inside. After waiting for the boy and girl scouts who were practicing drills in the temple yard to finish, the crematorium was lit. The ceremony was over and the friends and family retired to a local café to tell stories and toast the deceased.

The following morning we returned for the remains. Thinking that the son would be given ashes with bits of bone we were surprised to be greeted with a pile of bone on a metal tray. Some pieces were longer than 10cms. Later we learned that it is the bones that are important to the continuing ceremonies for many Asian cultures. If you want some ashes you may be able to arrange something different before the ceremony but I don't know if they are equipped to gather the ash. We were given a plastic bag to collect the bones by hand. We were instructed to wash our hands after doing this. The son was given a receipt from the wat for the bones.

Before leaving the country the son was advised to get the death certificate, the police report, and the receipt for the bones translated into English. This can be done through the consulate but that entails days of waiting and piles of baht. He was able to use a local translating service. He was advised to hand carry the remains along with the proper paperwork. He was not questioned upon leaving Thailand or entering the U.S. so the validity of the paperwork was not called into question. .

All that remains now are the memories and the hole on the soi where this wonderful woman resided. She is missed on many continents. It would be her wish that her death could be informative to others. In death, as in life, she is an inspiration.