Cremating Farang

dippyrick

For those of you who might still have concerns e.g. who can help your wife if you go first, I recommend you join the Royal British Legion here in Thailand. Members can deposit an envelope containing information on assets, next of kin, copies of will etc for opening only in the case of death or, in some instances, dementia.

The legion will send an officer to liaise once they have been informed. Anyone interested contact http://www.rblthailand.com/

I would like my ashes to be kept. Not too concerned with the bones. I understand the ashes can be processed into green gem-like stones!

My concern is whether the monks will get my ashes mixed up! When they cremate bodies do they clear out, ashes and all, the "cremation box/area/whatever" fully before another body is burnt? I ask because I have seen monks smoking away lookin bored as hell during funeral ceremonies. I expected them to take on a more dignifed posture during the ceremony. I worry that they will take on a "mae pan rai" attitude and not care so much whether the ashes get mixed up or not. More so since ashes don t appear to play an important role in Thai funeral ceremonies, or am i wrong?