The Gimp

kelv23

• 2 weeks later...
About .scm files
Just drop them into ~/.gimp/scripts/, if you're running Linux, and then in Gimp, go to Xtns->Script-<deleted>->Refresh Scripts, and it should reload them for you.

This Forum should be useful. :o

This is what i thought you should do but there isnt a /gimp/scripts/ folder.

If i right click the file then got to the gimp file there are no sub folders and I cant create a folder either.

If i right click the file then got to the gimp file there are no sub folders and I cant create a folder either.

In your /home directory, in my case " /home/alain/.gimp-2.2/scripts "

And it's not "gimp" but ".gimp", a hidden folder. Don't forget the "." point.

You must have this folder because it is created the first time you launch gimp as an user.

In your /home directory, in my case " /home/alain/.gimp-2.2/scripts "

And it's not "gimp" but ".gimp", a hidden folder. Don't forget the "." point.

You must have this folder because it is created the first time you launch gimp as an user.

Thanks again Wallalai.

Being a Linux n00b Im going to come across lots more quirks like this,but Im learning......

hi'

even after years you'll still learning :D

like all of linux or Unix users :D

learning, not trying to fix an OS that needs to be maintain regularly :o

I wanted also to say thanks to wallalai, it's nice to have an advanced user with us here in this section :D

francois

You're welcome kelv32, I'm very pleased to share the little I can. :o

You can also find very quick answers to your questions on the IRC chat. You only need an IRC client like Ksirc or Xchat for the most commons.

On the irc.freenode.net server you'll find channels about any distro and many about spécifical apps . For example #suse or #gimp.

freenode, formerly known as Open Projects Network, is an IRC network which is particularly popular with free and open source software users and programmers. It is the official network of many major free software projects, such as Debian GNU/Linux and the GNU project [1]. freenode reports over 27,000 simultaneous connections at weekly peak.

At this moment there is 140 people in the #suse channel, ask your question and you should get a decent answer, at least an useful link. Very instructing to read the chat of other users too.

I use Xchat and I'm connected most of the time to #archlinux and #archlinuxfr.

Hi again François. :D

Yep, Freenode is where I hang out on IRC. It's a great place. Of course, having Switched from Debian to OS X means I'm not hanging out in all the same places I did before. Particularly the Debian group. But lately I have been tempted to try dual-boot...