Phuket Immigration Now Closed For Lunch.

Jimi007

I went for my 90 day checkin and got there at 12:55 and there was a group gathered outside waiting. There was a sign in front of the door saying closed for lunch, open at 1 PM. It still took my less than 10 minutes to get my 90 day re-stamped and I was on my way. No copies of anything needed...

Has always closed for lunch - 1200 till 1300

Really? I've been going there for about seven years and I usually show up early afternoon and have never seen them closed for lunch...

I assume we are talking about the one in Phuket Town - then yes definitely & I believe the one on Beach Road Patong is now permanently shut

Yes, always has closed for lunch.

Okay. I guess I always got there just before or just after they closed for lunch. I never saw the sign before today. I remember a few years ago to get an extension you had to go before 11AM or something like that. Oh well. It was news to me...

Okay. I guess I always got there just before or just after they closed for lunch. I never saw the sign before today. I remember a few years ago to get an extension you had to go before 11AM or something like that. Oh well. It was news to me...

For the one year extension 11.30 is the cut off time. Actually 11.15 is a good time to get there, usually very quiet, at least one desk free. Maybe I should not tell that trick ....

For the one year extension 11.30 is the cut off time. Actually 11.15 is a good time to get there, usually very quiet, at least one desk free. Maybe I should not tell that trick ....

Too late!!! I used your technique three days ago. My extension done in about 45 minutes tops. I arrived at about 11AM

Edited by bunta71

My extension done in about 45 minutes tops. I arrived at about 11AM

Today I had the speediest extension ever: Came in about 13.35, One-Year-Extension plus 90-days-Report in a mere 9 minutes! It helps to have all documents prepared. Get your forms from the net, fill it in, do your copies at home and don't forget to write your phone number on the rear-side... At last not least, dress and behave properly! wai.gif

post-693-0-07838000-1326968841_thumb.jpg

Has always closed for lunch - 1200 till 1300

Really? I've been going there for about seven years and I usually show up early afternoon and have never seen them closed for lunch...

I assume we are talking about the one in Phuket Town - then yes definitely & I believe the one on Beach Road Patong is now permanently shut

I don't think Patong has closed... I was there a few weeks ago doing a 90 day report and as I went past there last Friday morning the chap who does the paperwork was standing outside.

Edited by tolsti

^I read in one of the locals (probably PG) the same thing. Evidently won't be able to do residency reports there (Patong) any more. If someone happens to be down that way, perhaps they can pop in and ask (I'll do the same if I happen to go past - but I rarely do).

I don't think Patong has closed... I was there a few weeks ago doing a 90 day report and as I went past there last Friday morning the chap who does the paperwork was standing outside.

^I read in one of the locals (probably PG) the same thing. Evidently won't be able to do residency reports there (Patong) any more. If someone happens to be down that way, perhaps they can pop in and ask (I'll do the same if I happen to go past - but I rarely do).

Here's the article:

To quote the article: Col Panuwat explained that the Patong Immigration Office is an information center only.

“The Patong office is only for providing information to tourists and to act as a coordination center. Any foreigners wanting to do their 90-day report, extend their visa or apply for a new visa still need to come to the Phuket Immigration Office in Phuket Town,” he added.

Ah yes, the 'still need to' bit. Previously, you could do your three monthly residency reportings at Patong, so 'still' doesn't apply. All the same, seems fairly clear that the reporting service is no longer available, but I'll be enquiring just in case...

It is beyond ridiculous the office, or any govt office is closed for lunch. Working people may only have that hour to get the errand done.

And " Dress Polite" directives,

All about imposing restrictions on "whitey" so as to feel superior.

Edited by LivinginKata
Negative remarks removed

It is beyond ridiculous the office, or any govt office is closed for lunch. Working people may only have that hour to get the errand done.

Even I feel superior to all thos iditiots that find it necessary to walk into a bank, office etc., just wearing swimming shorts.

I'm going to politely disagree here TigerWan.

I find it ridiculous to see some fat "whitey" in the immigration department in trunks and no shirt. It's not at all about "imposing restrictions' as much it is about having some respect for authority. Look like a fool get treated like a fool, show some respect get treated with respect.

I agree with getting dressed up. Especially since I was upgraded from the cheapest ticket to Business Class. I'm definitely going to get dressed up in my best outfit whenever I fly in future. (Even on my broomstick.)

We are, after all, trying to get service. I always try to be polite, even if it's an irritatingly accented person at an overseas call centre. I just say 'Could you please repeat that last sentence?' and if they ask me if there's anything else they can do for me I say 'Have a lovely day'. Poor things. I'd hate to work in a call centre or a Visa office in Phuket, for that matter.

Just back from doing my 90 day report. Got in at about 1135 , they locked the door at 1145.

Many pissed off people outside, and one smug girl who came up the exit door at the back and joined the queue.

(give it a try if you just get locked out)

Just back from doing my 90 day report. Got in at about 1135 , they locked the door at 1145.

Many pissed off people outside, and one smug girl who came up the exit door at the back and joined the queue.

(give it a try if you just get locked out)

You can try this but if you are coming for a one year extension you are in bad luck as those officers are always going for lunch around 11:30. lol

For the dressed code, i find this very normal.

I don't think that you are going to a government building in swimming wear at home, or do you.

And i witnessed one time a person being kicked out of the office for wearing nothing more then shorts.

Edited by merijn

My extension done in about 45 minutes tops. I arrived at about 11AM

Today I had the speediest extension ever: Came in about 13.35, One-Year-Extension plus 90-days-Report in a mere 9 minutes! It helps to have all documents prepared. Get your forms from the net, fill it in, do your copies at home and don't forget to

OK SuperStar. what kind of visa are you getting your extension for and did you have to a multiple reentry permit. Since the reentry permit rewuires a copy of the new extension oyu have to do downstairs to the newish spot for that stuff! Sounds pretty good but I kinda wonder if you need a new watch!