Hard Places To Do Business In Pattaya

TheWalkingMan

Before they built The Avenue, they knocked down a good restaurant ( Vientiane, which has now moved ). The restaurant was busy every night, and probably had more customers in a day than The Avenue has in a week. Progress !

I like the idea of a Robinsons. Why isn't there one in Patttaya ?

Only rumours but I heard that Robinsons will be in the mall that is built when The Montien is demolished.

Oh yes, another hyper mall on Beach Road is just what we need to completely block up traffic around Klang/2nd road/beach road.

I am not surpised that The Village in Jomtien has no customers.

I went there on Sunday with wife/2kids to eat at the restaurant in the middle (the kids like to run around the gardens)

There were 4 cars in the carpark (capacity of at least 100 or so cars) so I pulled up to a parking bay near the entrance

in the shade, the security guard came screaming over say no, no, no park here. I asked why and he got more irate and called another guard who started screaming at my wife. They wanted me to park in the sun even though there were 25 car bays available with cones closing them off in the shade. I said that the shade was good as I don't want to come back with he kids to an oven. No NO can park here! I drove off to another restaurant with boiling blood!!

It's ridiculous!

Indeed. You should let the owner of the restaurant know why he lost your business though. Maybe he don't know.

The parking lot guy at Mega Break was playing games and has discouraged us from visiting.

Too bad.

Before they built The Avenue, they knocked down a good restaurant ( Vientiane, which has now moved ). The restaurant was busy every night, and probably had more customers in a day than The Avenue has in a week. Progress !

Only rumours but I heard that Robinsons will be in the mall that is built when The Montien is demolished.

Oh yes, another hyper mall on Beach Road is just what we need to completely block up traffic around Klang/2nd road/beach road.

I went there on Sunday with wife/2kids to eat at the restaurant in the middle (the kids like to run around the gardens)

There were 4 cars in the carpark (capacity of at least 100 or so cars) so I pulled up to a parking bay near the entrance

in the shade, the security guard came screaming over say no, no, no park here. I asked why and he got more irate and called another guard who started screaming at my wife. They wanted me to park in the sun even though there were 25 car bays available with cones closing them off in the shade. I said that the shade was good as I don't want to come back with he kids to an oven. No NO can park here! I drove off to another restaurant with boiling blood!!

It's ridiculous!

Indeed. You should let the owner of the restaurant know why he lost your business though. Maybe he don't know.

I agree, in fact the owner of the complex should know about it, I'll try and get a number next time I pass (Although from previous experience I can't see it going anywhere)

• 3 weeks later...

Coffee World, Pizza Corner and the Ice Cream place in the Avenue have packed up and gone. I've not been down there for a few weeks so maybe they went some time ago, anyway that place really is an epic fail what a waste of space and money.

It's ridiculous!

i know this game very well smile.png

security guards are famous for pretending there is no place/inconvenient place to park until you tip them a 100b

then you can usually park in the prime real estate of his domain

they do it in condos a lot around bangkok and thats how many of the security guards get their beer money etc

Edited by raro
cleaned up quotes

Coffee World, Pizza Corner and the Ice Cream place in the Avenue have packed up and gone. I've not been down there for a few weeks so maybe they went some time ago, anyway that place really is an epic fail what a waste of space and money.

Wasn't there a fire in there???

Because they have the same owner as Central.

The "Avenue Complex" like many other new shopping areas, are built by big BKK money which doesn't know Pattaya City's personality very well.

More likely built for money laundering purposes.

I would venture as far as to say, built by people who are very aware of "Pattaya City's personality.

By a prime piece of real estate, stucture it in such a way its a tax write off, stops other people getting their hands on it.

Then sit back and wait say 10 years to take advantage of the new road network that is being planned.

Anyone of our resident real estate experts care to hazard a guess as to the value of this land in 10 years time, and give an estimate of the ROI.

As a rule people with that sort of money didnt get rich by being stupid.

It's ridiculous!

It's ridiculous!

It's ridiculous!

i know this game very well smile.png

security guards are famous for pretending there is no place/inconvenient place to park until you tip them a 100b

then you can usually park in the prime real estate of his domain

they do it in condos a lot around bangkok and thats how many of the security guards get their beer money etc

Never heard of that one... I'll try a tip next time 100B is a bit steep mind

I remember when Vientiane was there, it's still a great place to eat but now on Pattaya Klang

One thing I dislike about The Avenue is the parking and the security guards there. Quite a few times I had minor run in's with them. I simply want to park without explaining where I'm going or having to get multiple pieces of paper to justify it.

Villa Market has some food that I can't find anywhere else, so I hope at the very least if The Avenue can't make it.. I hope Villa finds another location.

I remember when Vientiane was there, it's still a great place to eat but now on Pattaya Klang

One thing I dislike about The Avenue is the parking and the security guards there. Quite a few times I had minor run in's with them. I simply want to park without explaining where I'm going or having to get multiple pieces of paper to justify it.

Villa Market has some food that I can't find anywhere else, so I hope at the very least if The Avenue can't make it.. I hope Villa finds another location.

It's on Pattaya Tai.

It's on Pattaya Tai.

They also opened one many months back on Soi Nerbplubwan for those on the darkside. I'v been there a few times but not for the past several months.

I would venture as far as to say, built by people who are very aware of "Pattaya City's personality.

By a prime piece of real estate, stucture it in such a way its a tax write off, stops other people getting their hands on it.

Then sit back and wait say 10 years to take advantage of the new road network that is being planned.

Anyone of our resident real estate experts care to hazard a guess as to the value of this land in 10 years time, and give an estimate of the ROI.

As a rule people with that sort of money didnt get rich by being stupid.

What is the new road network being planned?