Economical Car To Buy In Pattaya

toenail

After renting a car, I have decided to buy a new compact car, such as a Ford Fiesta. I want to make sure the car dealership/repairshop is in Pattaya (since I live here). So there are the two questions:

1) What dealerships are in the city that sell compact cars with good gas mileage

2) What is a good value for the money.

The Ford Fiesta I was looking at was the Fiesta 1.6L PS Sport at 699,000

Proton Savvy is about 400,000 Baht, don't konw about it's fuel economy though.

A manual Toyota Vios is 500,000 Baht and can get 700kms to a tank (18kms / litre)

The Protons are cheap for a reason, even the Malaysians are going off them.

For resale value and ease of servicing I would go for a Toyota, from personal experience use the dealer on the West side of Suk highway further out of town, the closer dealer on the East side aren't that hot on selling for some strange reason.

Edited by RabC

"The Ford Fiesta I was looking at was the Fiesta 1.6L PS Sport at 699,000"

I would describe that as a fairly expensive car, and as a "sports" model it is unlikely to be very economical to run.

I am looking at the March and the Brio as being cheap to buy and run. Their size is fine for local journeys, but I'm not sure they are suitable for long trips up north, which I rather fancy doing. The Savvy has a bad reputation but is a much bigger car for the price.

My last car was a Fiesta that I had for 22 years from new, and I sold it for 15% of the purchase price when I left Europe. I would buy another like a shot but they are quite expensive here and probably larger than I need. If I got one it would certainly not be that model.

The floods haven't helped as some models now have even longer waiting lists than before.

We got the Honda City. 2 years now and it runs like a dream. New dealership being built down by the Ambassador. The other one is just past the fly over heading towards Chonburi on Suk.

Check about availability. When we got ours, there was quite a wait. I've heard it worse now due to the floods.

Toyota and Honda are the best for resale. My friend sold his Jazz after using it for 3 years for just a bit less than what he paid for it, which he purchased used.