90 Days Due When Out Of Country

Yes, I have a re-entry permit.

I usually do the 90 days by post and was thinking of either posting the application on my way out of Thailand or else asking a trusted friend to post it within the seven days before 9 April. (EMS)

So you are saying this is unnecessary and if I apply by post 90 days after returning to Thailand (enclosing photocopies of my exit and entry stamps in my passport) it will all sort itself out. Am I right?

Thanks.

You are not reporting when you leave as you have not been here 90 days so no report is due. It is a 90 day address report of actually being in Thailand for that period of time from last entry.

So the fact that I am actually leaving Thailand after 82 days means that those 82 days no longer count for anything?

[i've already had my wrist slapped for posting my last 90 day request to Chaengwattana when I live in Nonthaburi, even though the immigration website said Nothaburi residents should go to Chaengwattana because of the floods. I guess I'm just being ultra cautious.]

Edited by ianh68

You are not reporting when you leave as you have not been here 90 days so no report is due. It is a 90 day address report of actually being in Thailand for that period of time from last entry.

So the fact that I am actually leaving Thailand after 82 days means that those 82 days no longer count for anything?

[i've already had my wrist slapped for posting my last 90 day request to Chaengwattana when I live in Nonthaburi, even though the immigration website said Nothaburi residents should go to Chaengwattana because of the floods. I guess I'm just being ultra cautious.]

If you leave the country before your next 90 day report, the clock goes back to zero....ie if you leave after 82 days, you dont need to report again until 90 days after you arrive back in Thailand, so you have nothing to worry about....once you get back count 90 days from your entry and thats your next reporting date

I know that wink.png - it is just a way of making it simple to understand the cause and effect. wai.gif

Hi,

I have the same question. I am due to report April 19 in Chiang Mai. It was like pulling teeth to get any info out of them about applying for a re-entry permit. I will be out of the country at the report date.

I have trouble believing it works like described here. Nothing about Thai immigration has worked efficiently or rationally for me so far. Can you re-assure me?

I am in the middle of a spousal one year extension with 90 reporting. My previous multi entry visa is now invalid, they told me, since I got the one year extension.

So, do I really just count the days to reporting myself? So I leave, then on the day I come back I count 90 days all by myself and then show up and everything will go smoothly?

That seems too good to be true.

thanks!

S

The requirement is to report after 90 consecutive days in the Kingdom.

Not 90 days since your last report.

I can never understand why it causes so much confusion.

Yes start counting when you return.

Day of return is day one.

Don't forget the Re Entry Permit, your Visa died months ago.