True Internet

hm1973

Hi everyone,

I am trying to set up an audio streaming server on one of my computers and it requires me to open a port which can then be accessed by the public. I have tried a number of ports (88, 50000, 8080) and set up my router to accept incoming connections to that port but cannot get it to work.

Does anyone know if True purposely block ports to prevent over-usage of their service, or does anyone know what ports are open and which are closed.

I am banging my head against a brick wall with this problem and would really appreciate some help. I tried contacting True, they didn't understand what I wanted to do (explained in English and via a Thai work colleague!)

Howard

Go to shieldup site and scan your ports - if the forwarded port can be seen it will say so.

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

Thanks, that is really useful. All ports are in stealth mode, which appears to suggest the ISP is blocking them

Your modem/router firewall and/or operating system firewall is probably doing that (i.e., stealth mode) which is their purpose in life to prevent malicious software and hackers from reaching your computer and doing bad things (i.e., stealing information, planting viruses/worms, etc).

For example, read this very short artcile on Stealth Mode in Windows Firewall. Link

• Like 1

What does your contract with the ISP say? I assume you are a home user, which will be a client on the www. If you are offering server services (i.e. other clients accessing your site), you may have to talk to your ISP to amend your contract.

What does your contract with the ISP say? I assume you are a home user, which will be a client on the www. If you are offering server services (i.e. other clients accessing your site), you may have to talk to your ISP to amend your contract.

you must be a lawyer or something?

OP, please post screenshots of your router config, problem is in there.