Howmuch Its In Your Area The Pladuck Fish Price Kg

motorcrazy

hi

while smaller the quantiy, our situation is quite similar.

we just sold the trial 500 catfishes around new year, about 3 weeks ago.

the sizes came to avarage 3 fishes /kg, took around 4 months to grow that big from fingerlings. (3-4 inch).

the selling price was 55THB/kg, technically farmgate, as one person took 20kg initially, than in less than a week he was back for all the rest.

there was some story that some sells for 50 THB or less retail, but i told my wife to disregard this, if true, they wouldnt be back for more, would they? anyway, the reasoning was that this is bit more expensive, but many ppl seem to prefer this larger fish vs the 5-6 sizes.

now we have 1000 growing in the moment, should be up for selling by Songkran...will see :)

hi

while smaller the quantiy, our situation is quite similar.

we just sold the trial 500 catfishes around new year, about 3 weeks ago.

the sizes came to avarage 3 fishes /kg, took around 4 months to grow that big from fingerlings. (3-4 inch).

the selling price was 55THB/kg, technically farmgate, as one person took 20kg initially, than in less than a week he was back for all the rest.

there was some story that some sells for 50 THB or less retail, but i told my wife to disregard this, if true, they wouldnt be back for more, would they? anyway, the reasoning was that this is bit more expensive, but many ppl seem to prefer this larger fish vs the 5-6 sizes.

now we have 1000 growing in the moment, should be up for selling by Songkran...will see smile.png

if you feed them really good you wil ghet that 3 fishes on one kg.

And the price its good from you,the mama from my wife sell the fishes for 60 bhat the kg.

But the big buyer gif me 42 bhat the kg but ,than its does at matter wich size ore howmany kg i have.

The 6 fishes on one kg eat now 1 bag of pellets every day.

hi

i am sure my selling price will suffer at some point, but hey, it is not even that we did the retailing, so, there is still some room to move around. i would be happy with 50THB/kg too, in the moment with this little trial amount, i suspect the cost of 1kg fish came somewhere around 35THB/kg...

for one, fingerlings of 500 cost me 500THB, vs. buying quantity, 20kg bag of 32% protein feed costs 520THB, if buying only 1-2 bags, vs. quantity again, like over 50 bag a time...

RHB is the catfish king here i think, and his cost side is way way bellow mine, but i am just testing the waters now, really :)

Hi motocrazy and greeting to you my friend tingtong smile.png ,

The secret to a successful catfish farming in Thailand is that you must disregard the wholesaler point of view that they want you to rise to their preference size of 4,5,6 fishes/kg. You must hit size #3 to secure a good profit margin, as you feed your fishes everyday you will notice their growth, once you see a good 3 fingers head...you have #3 for sure, call your wholesaler to lock and confirm your queue date to harvest at least 10 days away after the moment you confirm you have a small volume of size #3, by luring with feed as bait during feeding time and netting with a swing net as many times as possible until the fishes don't trust you/the netting spot and you average out their sizes, a trained eye like me don't need swing netting laugh.png, then you will tell your wholesaler on the due date it will be a tiny bit of #3 or it will be #4,5,6... don't tell them the truth ! Why at least 10 days ? Because they may have queue on the 5th or 7th day prior to actual harvesting day or they may jump queue for you accordingly to meet their sales quota. So by the 7th day prior to your harvest, you will have a reasonable percentage of size #3 (about 7-10%) and a sizable volume of 4,5 fishes/kg.

If you are getting ฿42/kg, i'm guessing that you're in the northern region...

Regards & best of luck !

RBH (not RHB...lol)

Edited by RedBullHorn

hello and sorry RedBullHorn, or RBH correctly, my late might typo LOL.

As you see we try to go ahead also, as above mentioned yet due quantity kind a farmgate retail sale was last time, with that sweet enough 55THB/kg.

my currect problem (again?) seem to be that while there is an occasional truck selling fingerlings, and even though they are happy to give phone number to further contact for future buys, they seem to be out of reach when we would need more fingerling. Especially to try to hit a decent bargain in the near future for something like 5000-6000 fiingerlings...

If anyone has contact to catfish fingerlings in the Khon Kaen/Chaiyaphum area, i would like to hear about. We would like to buy around 500-1000 monthly for the time being, maybe more soon, will see. Prefer to give more testing to market before commit fully to something larger.

RBH, can you give me your actual cost side pls, if not too much trouble?

feed cost/20kg bag, actual FCR, somewhere you mentioned that cold weather less vigorious growth, if i remember...

many thanks,

tingtong

ps: expected to see more catfish farmers or owners who know local prices

Hi motocrazy and greeting to you my friend tingtong smile.png ,

The secret to a successful catfish farming in Thailand is that you must disregard the wholesaler point of view that they want you to rise to their preference size of 4,5,6 fishes/kg. You must hit size #3 to secure a good profit margin, as you feed your fishes everyday you will notice their growth, once you see a good 3 fingers head...you have #3 for sure, call your wholesaler to lock and confirm your queue date to harvest at least 10 days away after the moment you confirm you have a small volume of size #3, by luring with feed as bait during feeding time and netting with a swing net as many times as possible until the fishes don't trust you/the netting spot and you average out their sizes, a trained eye like me don't need swing netting laugh.png, then you will tell your wholesaler on the due date it will be a tiny bit of #3 or it will be #4,5,6... don't tell them the truth ! Why at least 10 days ? Because they may have queue on the 5th or 7th day prior to actual harvesting day or they may jump queue for you accordingly to meet their sales quota. So by the 7th day prior to your harvest, you will have a reasonable percentage of size #3 (about 7-10%) and a sizable volume of 4,5 fishes/kg.

If you are getting ฿42/kg, i'm guessing that you're in the northern region...

Regards & best of luck !

RBH (not RHB...lol)

hello redbull horn

I got 2 wholsellers here.

On com with a storry ,i wil take off 2 kg for each 50 kg when we are loking for size ,thats mean when the fish goes in the aleminum for sorting the fish.

Wy 2 kg he told me waterangry.png .

And yes sorry for my english ,but you expliane shomting about during the 10 days when the wholseller want to buy the fishes,i can not understand that.

The wholseller come direct when i call home for loock the fish.

And what are you thinking about feeding chikken stomach ,i got a adres the can delivery me everyday more than 500 kg if i want.

But i thinking about my whater qulity .

hello and sorry RedBullHorn, or RBH correctly, my late might typo LOL.

As you see we try to go ahead also, as above mentioned yet due quantity kind a farmgate retail sale was last time, with that sweet enough 55THB/kg.

my currect problem (again?) seem to be that while there is an occasional truck selling fingerlings, and even though they are happy to give phone number to further contact for future buys, they seem to be out of reach when we would need more fingerling. Especially to try to hit a decent bargain in the near future for something like 5000-6000 fiingerlings...

If anyone has contact to catfish fingerlings in the Khon Kaen/Chaiyaphum area, i would like to hear about. We would like to buy around 500-1000 monthly for the time being, maybe more soon, will see. Prefer to give more testing to market before commit fully to something larger.

RBH, can you give me your actual cost side pls, if not too much trouble?

feed cost/20kg bag, actual FCR, somewhere you mentioned that cold weather less vigorious growth, if i remember...

many thanks,

tingtong

ps: expected to see more catfish farmers or owners who know local prices

I think about the wheter ,it its not so cold now this year.

The prices about 1 bag feed its i think all the same in thailand.

But if i check the cp feed and the thai union feed ,i like the thai union feed more ,wy its smels like crazy .

hi

i am sure my selling price will suffer at some point, but hey, it is not even that we did the retailing, so, there is still some room to move around. i would be happy with 50THB/kg too, in the moment with this little trial amount, i suspect the cost of 1kg fish came somewhere around 35THB/kg...

for one, fingerlings of 500 cost me 500THB, vs. buying quantity, 20kg bag of 32% protein feed costs 520THB, if buying only 1-2 bags, vs. quantity again, like over 50 bag a time...

RHB is the catfish king here i think, and his cost side is way way bellow mine, but i am just testing the waters now, really smile.png

And 520 baht its to expensife mister ,step 1 480 thb,,,,,,,step 2 470 thb,,,,,,,, step 3 440.

But step 2 its the best feed fore mee high proteine.

hi

RHB is the catfish king here i think, and his cost side is way way bellow mine, but i am just testing the waters now, really smile.png

And 520 baht its to expensife mister ,step 1 480 thb,,,,,,,step 2 470 thb,,,,,,,, step 3 440.

sorry, i lost you here. what do you mean on step 1, step 2, step 3? what the prices stand for?

as for the feed prices; i kind a think they all the same price more or less for same brand/quality. what my question stood for was how much discount one gets (if any) buying larger amount of feed a go, say 1-2 ton a time vs 20-40kgs.

of course, in the end, one major thing will be the avarage FCR.

hi

sorry, i lost you here. what do you mean on step 1, step 2, step 3? what the prices stand for?

as for the feed prices; i kind a think they all the same price more or less for same brand/quality. what my question stood for was how much discount one gets (if any) buying larger amount of feed a go, say 1-2 ton a time vs 20-40kgs.

of course, in the end, one major thing will be the avarage FCR.

what i know about when you want to buy 1 ton its about 50 bags ,i asked before the CP seller here in the town and she told me can give me discount 5 bhat each bagclap2.gif .

I went straight to the CP factory and they told me ,i must go to the town to buy there the feed.

I try it but no result,only with crontracting with cp.

The discount its nothing forget that.

And the STEP feed mean > step 1 fingerling feed> step 2 fish more than 12 cm > step 3 up to 20 cm

But step 2 its the best not only for the high proteine but when you have many fishes in the pool and if you want for schure that every fish gets his feed its that the best.

hi,

ok, so, you write step and mean the pellet sizes, No1, No2, No3...

as for us, we only feed 1 and 2...not 3.

and yes, 5THb per bag is small discount, around 1%...i was thinking a bit larger size, thus at least something to make worth to load a pickup vs buy a bag to bring home on the bike.

Yes, we only use pellet size #1 (32%) and #2 (30%), Thai Union "all purpose" catfish feed has got around FCR 1.41:1 meaning a sack of 20kg feed convert 14kg or less, of weight gain and its pellet size aren't standard enough compare to more reputable companies and i don't like black colour feed because my fishes prefered the lighter colour ones.

Premium feed that cost more than ฿500, when use by the Pros, will achieve weight gain of between 16-17.5kg against a 20kg sack, my best result with ONLY feed is 1.13:1, and 1.078:1 if i integrate my farm.

The metal netting basket weight 5kg + catfishes 50kg + more fishes goes in to cover the weight lose when fishes dehydrate water... 2kg = 57kg on the scale, you will only be paid 50kg.

You will have more negotiating power only if you order by trailer truck load of 650/750/850 sacks (6 wheeler and 10 wheeler trailer truck) and as mentioned before in the past, you can't order straight from the company without bypassing district or regional wholesalers with exclusive rights whom control the sales of pellet feed or retailers.

Edited by RedBullHorn

Thanks, RBH,

last time my wife didnt make too accurate notes, now as i am away we use the cheaper feed as that what she can buy only locally...

if that (25% protein?) we can avarage out to around 1.4 FCR, i am not unhappy, as it costs us 440THB/20kg, vs the other (Cargill's i think) at 32% protein costs 520THB/20kg...

i would prefer the later, but the misses only drives the scooter, not the pickup...and i think big thanks to Buddha for that :)

tingtong, if you're using 25% range, that's #3 pellet, FCR range 1.53:1- 1.6:1 ...... should change to #2 30% "all purpose'' catfish feed and avoid herbivorous/Tilapia feed.

believe it or not, the brand is Fish First, catfish feed, and all pellet #1-2-3 size is 25% protein...

i try to avoid it, but wife can only buy that in 15km range, and as i said she cant drive the pickup (safer for all!!) nor makes in this current size operation to pay for delivery to someone from 25 or so km distance, where the nearest place to buy decent feed.

once i am back in April, we are changing again to 32 and 30% protein feeds, but this current 1000 fish will probably just grow up mainly on this stuff. they got some good feed in the beginning though, while my stock lasted....

tingtong, if you're using 25% range, that's #3 pellet, FCR range 1.53:1- 1.6:1 ...... should change to #2 30% "all purpose'' catfish feed and avoid herbivorous/Tilapia feed.

believe it or not, the brand is Fish First, catfish feed, and all pellet #1-2-3 size is 25% protein...

i try to avoid it, but wife can only buy that in 15km range, and as i said she cant drive the pickup (safer for all!!) nor makes in this current size operation to pay for delivery to someone from 25 or so km distance, where the nearest place to buy decent feed.

once i am back in April, we are changing again to 32 and 30% protein feeds, but this current 1000 fish will probably just grow up mainly on this stuff. they got some good feed in the beginning though, while my stock lasted....

Dont worry ,1000 cats its not somuch they wil grow fast to with 25 % to,only feed them a litle more.

The cats eat everythink what i do cut gras kowschit pork schit let it dry ,and in the pool .

Dont worry ,1000 cats its not somuch they wil grow fast to with 25 % to,only feed them a litle more.

The cats eat everythink what i do cut gras kowschit pork schit let it dry ,and in the pool .

Yeah right~ wait till the day all you catfishes are hit with the outbreak of Jaundice Disease !!!

I guarantee you won't be crying tears, you'll be crying blood...Pigs manure in moderation is ok, but cattle manure is discourage...

"...only feed them a little more" - It will greatly affect the time, ADG and profit margin.

tingtong, i used Fish First, they have #1 32%, #2 30%, #3.......

Edited by RedBullHorn

Yeah right~ wait till the day all you catfishes are hit with the outbreak of Jaundice Disease !!!

I guarantee you won't be crying tears, you'll be crying blood...Pigs manure in moderation is ok, but cattle manure is discourage...

"...only feed them a little more" - It will greatly affect the time, ADG and profit margin.

tingtong, i used Fish First, they have #1 32%, #2 30%, #3.......

About disease ,i know some thai the feed chikken stomach only you have the look the water quality its look not funny anymore.

But the fishes reach they size big.

Time 4 month .

And i do some experince with water

They are really strong dont worry .

And i ad fitamines and antibiotica with high grade proteine powder to the pellets every 3 days extra.

About feeding : 6 days feeding 1 day off.

For my feeling they have after 1 day of more hungry,its ofcourse normal but better.

it's not only the water, it's about what you feed them. """The exclusive use of chicken offal/stomachs increased as the market price of catfish fell. Offal was transported from the factory in un-refrigerated lorries and could take many hours to reach its destination. Some feed was kept overnight for the following days' feeding programme and, when temperatures were high, the feed was likely to become rancid before it was fed to the fish""", then your are guarantee of an outbreak of the famous jaundice disease. Been there, done that...

I made 900'000 Baht per year with 8 rai of ponds for the past 6 years, if you trust your gut feeling then go ahead...

good luck...Bro~

Edited by RedBullHorn

RBH, understand what you say about Fish First feed, but i can swear that they do sell 25% protein feed #1 #2 as well....i know, i saw, and that is why our earlier exchanges led me to look for 32% protein #1 feed...and had that of Cargill's...what now my wife cant buy due logistic.

When i am home again, will be happy to provide a photo.

As for alternative feeding, i have only access for some chicken, and less duck manure in the moment. Nothing high quantity, and that mostly go to the veggie garden. Would they be beneficial to add to catfish pond too? maybe for a change a little could go there...

it's not only the water, it's about what you feed them. """The exclusive use of chicken offal/stomachs increased as the market price of catfish fell. Offal was transported from the factory in un-refrigerated lorries and could take many hours to reach its destination. Some feed was kept overnight for the following days' feeding programme and, when temperatures were high, the feed was likely to become rancid before it was fed to the fish""", then your are guarantee of an outbreak of the famous jaundice disease. Been there, done that...

I made 900'000 Baht per year with 8 rai of ponds for the past 6 years, if you trust your gut feeling then go ahead...

good luck...Bro~

Thats its true mister and i un-refrigerated i agree.

I feed them before chikken stomach ,and its a dirty job.

I stay with the normall pellets ofcours,

Now i do some experiense with floting nets ,but i can tell you its work really good.

but RBH keep scharing here the info.

I try to do here in thailand everythink to do for a good living,the fishes its on my ranglist 1.

And i modefying 2 stroke bikes to new and sell them to,its more hobby en a litle profit.

tingtong, chicken/duck manure is ok too, but moderately, monitor your water quality...

I use to do this: build a big tray with a makeshift roof with grass panel, the size of half a plywood board about 1m x 1m, fill the tray with ฿200 worth off chicken bones that still got some flesh attached bought from chicken rice stalls, it cost ฿10-15 per carcass, suspend the tray with roof over the edge of the pond with bamboo pole (the roof must be build is such a way that it will hide the tray from the sights of birds to discourage buffet), the chicken bones goes bad super easily and fast, houseflies lay eggs and i got millions of high protein maggots falling off the edges from all sides of the tray for days...

motocrazy, trail & error, no risk no gain, do what you need to dosmile.png ... but at my level, there's just no room for error or else i will loose big.

Edited by RedBullHorn