American Death's

bartender100

Just reading an artical in the Pattaya Mail,it says 100 to a 150 Americans die in Pattaya every year,even more in Bangkok,this seems really high.

I wonder what the "score" is for other nationals?

An American envoy has expressed his concern to Pattaya City authorities on the number of US nationals who die in Pattaya each year.

Jeremy Nathan, second secretary political affairs at the US Embassy in Bangkok, met on November 16 with Mayor Niran Wattanasartsathorn, Deputy Mayor Weerawat Khakhai, and other city hall officials.

He said that Pattaya is experiencing problems of crime, with many of the crimes committed against tourists. Part of the problem is that there is a large amount of migrant labor in Pattaya, which often results in problems, including drugs.

Presently about four million Americans come to visit or reside in Pattaya annually. From 100 to 150 Americans die in Pattaya each year, a number second in Thailand only to Bangkok. The reasons are many with deaths resulting from criminal acts, drugs, accidents or old age.

http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd6

Edited by bartender100

Presently about four million Americans come to visit or reside in Pattaya annually. From 100 to 150 Americans die in Pattaya each year, a number second in Thailand only to Bangkok. The reasons are many with deaths resulting from criminal acts, drugs, accidents or old age.

I think your 4 million is way over the top. TAT estimates about 13 million

foreign tourists of all nationalities for the whole of Thailand ... and Americans are nowhere near the top of the list by nationality, I believe people from all of the Americas provide about 700 K to all destinations in Thailand annually. :o

Oh, and yes ... Old age will get you every time :D

Edited by naka

foreign tourists of all nationalities for the whole of Thailand ... and Americans are nowhere near the top of the list by nationality, I believe people from all of the Americas provide about 700 K to all destinations in Thailand annually. :o

Just to clear it up,it was not my estimate of 4 million,it was Pattaya Mails,thats why I brought it up,it seems unreal that an American dies every 3 days in the resort.The story is way off the mark.

Just to clear it up,it was not my estimate of 4 million,it was Pattaya Mails,thats why I brought it up,it seems unreal that an American dies every 3 days in the resort.The story is way off the mark.

OK. But next time just think about it first ... before you post and before you deem to enligthen us. Does it sound sensible, logical, possible, probable ?

Naka.

OK. But next time just think about it first ... before you post and before you deem to enligthen us. Does it sound sensible, logical, possible, probable ?

Naka.

The OP started his post with:

Just reading an artical in  the Pattaya Mail,it says 100 to a 150 Americans die in Pattaya every year,even more in Bangkok,this seems really high.

That suggests to me that he did 'think about it first'. :o

An American envoy has expressed his concern to Pattaya City authorities on the number of US nationals who die in Pattaya each year.

Jeremy Nathan, second secretary political affairs at the US Embassy in Bangkok, met on November 16 with Mayor Niran Wattanasartsathorn, Deputy Mayor Weerawat Khakhai, and other city hall officials.

He said that Pattaya is experiencing problems of crime, with many of the crimes committed against tourists. Part of the problem is that there is a large amount of migrant labor in Pattaya, which often results in problems, including drugs.

if a American envoy has come to Pattaya to express his concern about the death rate shurley regardless of the numbers that has to be taken seriously

I have it from a reliable source (No, I won't tell you who it is) that a total of NINE (9) Americans died the past year in Pattaya. Eight from natural causes and one from a motorcycle accident.

I would believe a total of 150 might have died in Thailand for the year but certainly not in Pattaya.

This is just more outstanding reporting from the local rag.

Edited by chuckd