Mazda Bt-50 Launched

On the road the Ranger disappears into traffic just like any other vigo.

The BT-50 stands out and even though I think its a bit "HAPPY" I am very happy to have one after a long 2 week wait compared to 1 year for a Ford.

A dolphins nose is not that ugly after all.

I am 60k better off too..........

I saw a BT50 4x4 yesterday in All Black = A good colour choice for you Kiwi? ;) It did quite nice.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the road the Ranger disappears into traffic just like any other vigo.

The BT-50 stands out and even though I think its a bit "HAPPY" I am very happy to have one after a long 2 week wait compared to 1 year for a Ford.

A dolphins nose is not that ugly after all.

I am 60k better off too..........

when i went to the motorshow early in the year i had a look at all the pickups and they all looked the same except the bt-50. i liked the looks of it ands you are right it does look better in the flesh. i think the inside is better than the ford but that is only my opinion. after the motor show i decided to buy one and have had it for 3 months now, and it looks better to me all the time. i am starting to see a lot of bt-50 on the road now more than the ranger but then i most likely not notice the ranger as it tends to blend in .

I am starting to get sick of waiting for my Ranger to arrive (809K for the auto). I am now considering the BT-50. Am I correct in stating that the lowest price for the truck in auto is 874K?

Is Mazda more willing to give away accessories etc than Ford and can anyone tell me what the interest rate is for Mazda finance?

I am starting to get sick of waiting for my Ranger to arrive (809K for the auto). I am now considering the BT-50. Am I correct in stating that the lowest price for the truck in auto is 874K?

Is Mazda more willing to give away accessories etc than Ford and can anyone tell me what the interest rate is for Mazda finance?

Order it.

I got sick of waiting, after 7 months was told wait until January another 5. SO I ordered the Bt-50 and got it 2 weeks later due to a cancel by a customer who could not get the deposit. Lucky me.

I got many more freebees, insurance, deck liner, floor mats and 3m window tints.. I got the 874 k job, has reversing sensors (ford doesn't).

I didn't need finance, but think ford/mazda/toyota pretty much have similar deals, so don't see that as ball buster by any means.

My only issue is the insurance is for 80% of value not 100% so I am going to cough up for the difference, got caught out on that one! Probably my dealer? Or is it like that for all BT-50 owners? No idea.

my interest rate is 2.25 for 5 year.

Order it.

I got sick of waiting, after 7 months was told wait until January another 5. SO I ordered the Bt-50 and got it 2 weeks later due to a cancel by a customer who could not get the deposit. Lucky me.

I got many more freebees, insurance, deck liner, floor mats and 3m window tints.. I got the 874 k job, has reversing sensors (ford doesn't).

I didn't need finance, but think ford/mazda/toyota pretty much have similar deals, so don't see that as ball buster by any means.

My only issue is the insurance is for 80% of value not 100% so I am going to cough up for the difference, got caught out on that one! Probably my dealer? Or is it like that for all BT-50 owners? No idea.

Yes, I think the 80% insurance cover must be standard, at least with Mazda, because I was only given the same. You did well to get the deck liner because I was not able to get that as a freebie. In fact they only had non-branded deck liners anyway and I am having to wait another month for the Mazda deck liner which I considered to be much better.

Ok, I tried to upload the English version of the 2012 BT-50 Pro English owners manual but I got the same error the other TV user had. But you can get it from this links

http://issuu.com/ake...h_owners_manual

https://docs.google....d2FQTlloN3ZIOTQ

Thanks very much - both downloads work for me.

Edited by Ebenezer

Hey guys, comparing the 3.2 and 2.2 variant what are the extras that Mazda is offering in thailand? In malaysia we have the same specs

Tire Size : 265/65/R17

Rain sensing wiper

Elect. Controlled remote foldable side mirror with turn signal light

Power win with anti pinch system

Dual zone fully automatic a/c

Leather wrapped steering with audio switches

Halogen headlamp with auto on/off

Dot matrix audio display

Bluetooth handsfree system with voice command

4W-ABS with DSC ----- AUTO variants only

Hill decent control (HDC) ----- AUTO variants only

Traction control system ----- AUTO variants only

Driver and passenger front airband

The only difference is the capacity of engine unlike the Wildtrax with lots of add on :(

Hey guys, comparing the 3.2 and 2.2 variant what are the extras that Mazda is offering in thailand? In malaysia we have the same specs

Rain sensing wiper

Dot matrix audio display

The only difference is the capacity of engine unlike the Wildtrax with lots of add on sad.png

I am sure that the 4x4 non AUTO have also the DSC/HDC/Traction control in Thailand . No leather steering wheel with audio controls on the non AUTO versions . No parking sensors on the non AUTO versions . All the rest ... like the rain sensing wiper , auto lights , bluetooth phone with voice control , remote folding side mirror is standard in the 4x4 .

Rain sensing wiper

Dot matrix audio display

The only difference is the capacity of engine unlike the Wildtrax with lots of add on sad.png

I am sure that the 4x4 non AUTO have also the DSC/HDC/Traction control in Thailand . No leather steering wheel with audio controls on the non AUTO versions . No parking sensors on the non AUTO versions . All the rest ... like the rain sensing wiper , auto lights , bluetooth phone with voice control , remote folding side mirror is standard in the 4x4 .

thai version does not have duel zone Ac

Rain sensing wiper

Dot matrix audio display

AT 4dr 4x4 3.2 Thai version has dual AC climate control.

Rain sensing wiper

Dot matrix audio display

AT 4dr 4x4 3.2 Thai version has dual AC climate control.

i have a 4x4 3.2 at and it does not have duel zone AC

Do you have the DBL 4x4 3.2 R AT ABS/DSC/Leather model?

yes thats the one i have. i looked at the owners ,manual (in thai) and that shows mazda only put one AC system in all there pickups. (in Thailand)

I never realized how big the new Mazda was until I saw a double cab BT-50 parked next to an old Fighter at the local dealer. Christ it dwarfed it.

They are quite simply huge in every dimension, amazing visibility.

But despite that, you never feel it and they are surprisingly easy to drive even in Bkk traffic.

I also find the intimidation factor it gives out gets you a little extra space from the sedan and hatch plebs.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, 4k on the clock now on the 2.2 AT.

Lots of long runs on the Asia Highway with some BKK city driving thrown in.

i will say putting the 20 inch rims on probably did not improve the ride. There's a band of uncomfortable steering between 100 and 105 KPH, but I still like the looks.

Drove through A TORRENTIAL thunderstorm yesterday for about an hour on the highway between Wat pra chou and In Buri, and there were a few hairy bits where large pools had collected and some slight planing was felt. The wider wheels probably contribute to this, but the maxxis marauder II tires have a good wet rating and seem get back to the road quickly. I had the misfortune to run over a large dog which went bang on under the drivers side wheels. I say my misfortune rather than it's as it was already dead, but still whole. Both front and back suspension handled it well and hardly felt it in the steering.

what is it with Thai's and driving with their hazard lights on during storms? one guy turned his on and started a chain reaction, soon there was a whole pack of cars and trucks flashing lights all over, made for very distracting driving.

Also, a top tip if you use the garmin app for your iphone as a satnav. After trying and giving up on several alleged phone holders, i found that if in a soft rubber case, which I have, the phone fits and will hold itself in the forming around the trip computer. Perfect spot.

Well I have had mine now for 3 weeks.

Bloody large alright, going down from level 9 in the BCH carpark on the 2nd day was a bit hairy, NO SCRATCHES yet!

But a stone bloody chip already on the front left above the headlight. I should spend B1900+vat and get the bonnet protector eh?

Rubber mats = shit, got the better ones for b1600 +vat.

The stereo is great, but bass is a bit stretched. Ipod loves it. Bluetooth phone is great too, but it shows all my numbers twice, probably because the numbers are on the sim and in the phone memory too.

Plenty of room. Doors don't click shut as easily as a Honda... but its a truck I suppose.

Too hot, got the sun shades from central for 49 baht CHEAP!

Gear box can be clunky when the foot is down (my bad).

Would like the usb plug to be visible, ie not in the glove box, but I will cut a hole in the glove box to allow the cable out without jamming it.

Plenty of ping, but ah a bit slow on the standing start... but I will get used to it.

Friends (thai) think I am a fast driver as I take off into traffic correctly with the foot down, unlike the locals who merge in at 5kph and then increase speed to 10kph while talking to Somchai on the phone and then look surprised when I flash my lights and toot my horn at them. I want to get a tug boat fog horn, but need to find a supplier.

Overall I am very happy with my BT-50. Its huge and all but I haven't had a mini in years so am not as afraid as I should be.

I want to get a tonneau cover. Carryboy have 2 with product codes on their website for 2012 BT-50s, but pickupway say not available yet.

Has anyone got a tonneau cover yet?

I have seen 1 so far and I think it was aeroklas but not sure.

Carryboy, aeroklas and superup are the only suppliers I can find for here in Thailand.

Anyone got any others? Thanks

(forget ford, they are stupid!)

Edited by kiwiinasia

Don't get the bonnet protector, it distords the lovely shape of the car.

Same for me with the phonenumbers double, but it is the same in my phone (also double because in phone memory and SIM, sometimes even triple because also on SIM 2).

The bonnet protector looks very OK on the black version , when you have another colour , it will certainly disturb the shape .

You can easily transfer your USB connection to the bottom row , below the aircon . not all spaces are used , and on the internet ( bt50club) there are pics of people who've done it .

Still not sure about the stereo unit . The sound is not bad , for a standard install but it is no match for a decend aftermarket . I'm still looking on the internet to find if somebody figured out to replace the complete main unit without loosing the extra functions ( i think i found something but it is waiting for decent translation... as it is all in Thai ) .

Yes those are the main brands of trunk cover , for soft versions ( aka vinyl ) there are a few more . They are available as there are people on the internet having them allready.

Most extra's are still too early , wait let's say 6 months and probably we got plenty of choice of options just like on all other models . It is for the moment just out , and other countries are not having it yet . So hang on and not do too much too early if the option now is not your first choice .

Well I have had mine now for 3 weeks.

Bloody large alright, going down from level 9 in the BCH carpark on the 2nd day was a bit hairy, NO SCRATCHES yet!

But a stone bloody chip already on the front left above the headlight. I should spend B1900+vat and get the bonnet protector eh?

Rubber mats = shit, got the better ones for b1600 +vat.

The stereo is great, but bass is a bit stretched. Ipod loves it. Bluetooth phone is great too, but it shows all my numbers twice, probably because the numbers are on the sim and in the phone memory too.

Plenty of room. Doors don't click shut as easily as a Honda... but its a truck I suppose.

Too hot, got the sun shades from central for 49 baht CHEAP!

Gear box can be clunky when the foot is down (my bad).

Would like the usb plug to be visible, ie not in the glove box, but I will cut a hole in the glove box to allow the cable out without jamming it.

Plenty of ping, but ah a bit slow on the standing start... but I will get used to it.

Friends (thai) think I am a fast driver as I take off into traffic correctly with the foot down, unlike the locals who merge in at 5kph and then increase speed to 10kph while talking to Somchai on the phone and then look surprised when I flash my lights and toot my horn at them. I want to get a tug boat fog horn, but need to find a supplier.

Overall I am very happy with my BT-50. Its huge and all but I haven't had a mini in years so am not as afraid as I should be.

I want to get a tonneau cover. Carryboy have 2 with product codes on their website for 2012 BT-50s, but pickupway say not available yet.

Has anyone got a tonneau cover yet?

I have seen 1 so far and I think it was aeroklas but not sure.

Carryboy, aeroklas and superup are the only suppliers I can find for here in Thailand.

Anyone got any others? Thanks

(forget ford, they are stupid!)

Perhaps if you go to those car-wrap shops, they may be able to put on a clear wrap on just the front portion of the car to protect from chips.

Yes I agree the rubber mats are complete crap. rocks and gravel sit on the top and grind under your feet.

Closing the last door requires more force because the cabin is sealed really well. My friends get used to really forcing the door shut and then during the times the windos are open or another door is open...they end up slamming the door too hard.

Not sure if this attests to the size but i've had 2 motorcycles graze me on the left side already and one of them was a cop.

If you want a “bonnet protector” that doesn’t look like a POC why not color-match or wrap it prior to installing it?

If you use Bluetooth to connect (and don’t smoke) why not just use the cigarette lighter for the USB charger? Mine (I think it’s a Belkin) fits just about flush and has two receptacles so I can charge my phone and the kid’s iPad at the same time.

Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film

Help protect your vehicle's paint finish from harsh conditions that mar it. Stones, sand, road debris and bug acids eat away at one of your biggest investments. Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film from 3M helps you protect your finish like no other.

http://solutions.3m....rotection/Film/

Edited by mr3cho

Don't get the bonnet protector, it distords the lovely shape of the car.

Same for me with the phonenumbers double, but it is the same in my phone (also double because in phone memory and SIM, sometimes even triple because also on SIM 2).

Correction, checked last night and found that only contacts in the phone memory are on my car device. The double phonenumbers are caused by multiple numbers for the same contact with a code for the kind of number (landline, mobile etc.).

Edited by stevenl

Ordered a BT-50 hi racer AT today . Can pick it up tuesday .

Got a very good price for my 2004 sport cruiser Toyota (50k more than with Ford) .

Good salesman who knows what he's talking about , test drive = no problem .

Same day phone call to buy the Toyota for cash money .

And a lot of free goodies (insurance , gov tax , full tank , window tainting , 3 times free oil change , ect) .

A lot better than wait 3 months , a girl that don't know the answer to any of your questions , no testdrive ,

low price for your trade in and no extras at basicly the same price ( 874k Mazda , 869k Ford) .

Mazda is taking their business much more serious than Ford does in Thailand .

Salesman told me it's 85% Mazda BT-50 sales against 15% Ford Ranger sales in Thailand at the moment .

Most of the Fords made in Thailand are for export he told me . That's probably the reason for the waiting

time on Fords .