Mazda Bt-50 Launched

Well standby for incoming, but I find it hard to comprehend that their are peeps out there willing to spend 1m Baht on a pickup. Prices for trucks have have gone up ridiculously over the last few years

At a car display in Tesco I looked at a 2 door Triton which was 699K, and told the salesbod I would order two, one for each foot.

If someone is willing to fork out big money on a Mazda of all things, wonder what Toyota is going to price the new Vigo at.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1m baht is only 30k...not exactly big money for a new vehicle considering it is "top of the range".

Ford 4door 4x4 AT 3.2 Wildtrak 2013

Thailand 1,100,000 baht (30k USD)

Australia $60,000 aud (54k USD)

Brazil R$119,900 (66k USD)

Singapore $180,000 (142k USD)

UK 32,000 (49k USD)

• Like 1

I just found this on a Thai BT-50 website. a source for mazda au accessories.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Maughan-Thiem-Auto-Parts/BT50-/_i.html?_fsub=2763088014&_sid=939106374&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Geez, you'd have to be an Aussie to pay those sorts of crazy prices for accessories - in any case, they say they only ship to Australia.

The Thai website that had the link, the Thai's were ordering from them and showing off their genuine mazda accessories here in Thailand. But I agree 23,000 baht for a rear backup camera kit with camera and mirror is expensive or 4000 baht for head lamp protectors.

• 3 weeks later...

I just had my 6-month or 10k miles serviced. I only had 5.6k kilo. The charge was B385. Fine! The next service, 6 months from now, or 20k km, the dealer told me it would be around B3,800. I asked why so expensive, and I thought it was free for the oil change. I was told it's only free for the labor. Do you guys have similar experience?

I'm getting only 10 km/liter (10 liters per 100 km). No, it's not just city driving as I live in the suburb of Chiang Mai which, most of the time, is 80 km/hr. How about you guys?

I just had my 6-month or 10k miles serviced. I only had 5.6k kilo. The charge was B385. Fine! The next service, 6 months from now, or 20k km, the dealer told me it would be around B3,800. I asked why so expensive, and I thought it was free for the oil change. I was told it's only free for the labor. Do you guys have similar experience?

I'm getting only 10 km/liter (10 liters per 100 km). No, it's not just city driving as I live in the suburb of Chiang Mai which, most of the time, is 80 km/hr. How about you guys?

Okay, I have done my 1k, 10k and 20k. My 1 and 10k were free. 20k was for A5 fully synthetic oil and filter about 3,800 baht. At 20k I also change the Cabin a/c airfilter for 200 baht. The A5 oil is very expensive but if you use A3 you need to change your oil every 10k like the fords do. I am driving 10.1km/l driving 120km with about 10% city driving the rest is a long highway commute.

I have a 3.2 auto and I am getting 8.9 ltr per 100 km. that is over 22,000 km . I am light on the foot and it is mostly open roads I travel on. The cost of the 20,000km serve was about 3,800 thb

• 4 weeks later...

OK after having my car (2.2 4 door auto) for a year my experiences are:

1) the <deleted> hood is too big

2) its a great car/truck/whatever

3) slow on the tack-off but no worse than a 2L BMW from 1991

4) mazda accessories ARE <deleted>!

4.1 scuff protectors, are not scuff proof, in fact they fail on first use

4.2 Bonnet protector <deleted>, broken after C.M. run @ 120kmph UESLESS 1900 baht waste that one

4.3 Window visors (or whatever they are called) <deleted>, never glued on properly

4.4 rubber floor mats = <deleted> (free though)

4.5 Chrome Fog lamp thingies, had to be fitted 3 times.

Anything I buy now will be from ANYBODY BUT MAZDA.

I would buy it again, but I would not buy ANY Mazda addons, they are <deleted> (just in case you missed it)

I am pretty sure the stick-on stuff that the dealers give away is not Mazda product, but SG aftermarket crap.

I don’t know why anyone would want any of that stuff anyway. Do they actually think it looks good, or do they just want it just because it’s free?

Insurance, bed-liner, floor-mats and maybe film, but what is with all that stick-on stuff? I did not even take the film on the last unit as they always use the cheaper films.

Incidentally, all three of the D-Max’s I’ve had came with very nice heavy rubber factory floor mats. The new model has hooks below the driver seat to keep the driver side mat from sliding forward. The Spark has crappy aftermarket giveaway mats.

I am pretty sure the stick-on stuff that the dealers give away is not Mazda product, but SG aftermarket crap.

I don’t know why anyone would want any of that stuff anyway. Do they actually think it looks good, or do they just want it just because it’s free?

Insurance, bed-liner, floor-mats and maybe film, but what is with all that stick-on stuff? I did not even take the film on the last unit as they always use the cheaper films.

Incidentally, all three of the D-Max’s I’ve had came with very nice heavy rubber factory floor mats. The new model has hooks below the driver seat to keep the driver side mat from sliding forward. The Spark has crappy aftermarket giveaway mats.

The stick on window visors with metal clips, same as the Mazda catalog at the dealer, came in a Mazda box from the dealer with a Mazda part number, still crap!

• Like 1

The stick on window visors with metal clips, same as the Mazda catalog at the dealer, came in a Mazda box from the dealer with a Mazda part number, still crap!

If it does not come installed from the factory, don't buy it from the dealer.

D.I.O.'s are crap.

Been playing with my BT-50 a bit, but mostly upgrades you can not see.

1. Headlamps Osram Hilux off-road H4 80/100w w/UV filter lamps - at least 50% brighter and still keeps the factory look. They sure fill in the road much better and do not require any other changes and 150 baht each was cheap too. I have not had anyone flashing me thinking I have my high beams on but I notice a huge difference. When I do use the high beams god let there be light!

2. Garmin 2565 GPS with CCD Rear backup Camera 10k baht

3. Ford UC9T 42790A steel fuel tank protector/shield 800 baht - cheap insurance since the tank is only plastic and standard equipment in other countries.

4. SMC Remote Mirror controler - 1100 baht - love it! lock the doors with the remote and the mirrors fold closed too. Unfold with the remote or automatic when starting the truck. Otherwise they still function as normal. Before I installed it, I had my mirror hit by Thai drivers twice.

5. Added LED lamps for extra brakes lights, backup lights, turn signals to fake tail lenses assemblies in the tailgate. This was mostly the silliest but I feel better. What the hell why have fake lenses? So I made them working, quite impressed too with the LED bulbs. about 2000 baht with drill bit, wiring and LED bulbs which are not cheap. But everything looks well balanced with the factory lights. Looks like it was supposed to be this way.

6. Stainless Steel scuff plates. 650 baht plus 100 baht for extra 3M double sided auto-tape. They do the job and look good too.

Still trying to get 3m Safety Film ULTRA S400 for the front windscreen/windshield. 3M tells me I can only get it in Bangkok. Trying to get them to send me enough for my front window. I want the 99% UV filter to save my interior with low 15% light block for a little relief from the sun but still allow me to see all the dogs and motorbikes at night.

About the new orsam bulbs Did u had any problems with the connector & wires (getting overheated and plastic burn marks) due to the High output of the bulbs? I hope the fuze will go off first but better to be safe then sorry...please advise if there any findings :) thx

1. Headlamps Osram Hilux off-road H4 80/100w w/UV filter lamps - at least 50% brighter and still keeps the factory look. They sure fill in the road much better and do not require any other changes and 150 baht each was cheap too. I have not had anyone flashing me thinking I have my high beams on but I notice a huge difference. When I do use the high beams god let there be light!

3. Ford UC9T 42790A steel fuel tank protector/shield 800 baht - cheap insurance since the tank is only plastic and standard equipment in other countries.

4. SMC Remote Mirror controler - 1100 baht - love it! lock the doors with the remote and the mirrors fold closed too. Unfold with the remote or automatic when starting the truck. Otherwise they still function as normal. Before I installed it, I had my mirror hit by Thai drivers twice.

5. Added LED lamps for extra brakes lights, backup lights, turn signals to fake tail lenses assemblies in the tailgate. This was mostly the silliest but I feel better. What the hell why have fake lenses? So I made them working, quite impressed too with the LED bulbs. about 2000 baht with drill bit, wiring and LED bulbs which are not cheap. But everything looks well balanced with the factory lights. Looks like it was supposed to be this way.

6. Stainless Steel scuff plates. 650 baht plus 100 baht for extra 3M double sided auto-tape. They do the job and look good too.

Still trying to get 3m Safety Film ULTRA S400 for the front windscreen/windshield. 3M tells me I can only get it in Bangkok. Trying to get them to send me enough for my front window. I want the 99% UV filter to save my interior with low 15% light block for a little relief from the sun but still allow me to see all the dogs and motorbikes at night.

About the new orsam bulbs Did u had any problems with the connector & wires (getting overheated and plastic burn marks) due to the High output of the bulbs? I hope the fuze will go off first but better to be safe then sorry...please advise if there any findings smile.png thx

I did not change or modify anything as osram states no modification is need to use their bulbs and they include UV filter. After 11 months of use they are still as bright as day one and no damage or scaring to the housing, wiring or sockets. The bulbs low beams are only 15 watts brighter than old high beam 65 watt rating which is not a big jump. I never changed the stock fuse nor has it blown. Still the best upgrade I have made to my truck.

Only thing have added more is dash camera/dvr 2,000 baht.

Edited by gosompoi

About the new orsam bulbs Did u had any problems with the connector & wires (getting overheated and plastic burn marks) due to the High output of the bulbs? I hope the fuze will go off first but better to be safe then sorry...please advise if there any findings Posted Image thx

I did not change or modify anything as osram states no modification is need to use their bulbs and they include UV filter. After 11 months of use they are still as bright as day one and no damage or scaring to the housing, wiring or sockets. The bulbs low beams are only 15 watts brighter than old high beam 65 watt rating which is not a big jump. I never changed the stock fuse nor has it blown. Still the best upgrade I have made to my truck.

Great thnx for the info :) the camera is for what? Black box for the police asking for lunch money? Hahaha

• Like 1

About the new orsam bulbs Did u had any problems with the connector & wires (getting overheated and plastic burn marks) due to the High output of the bulbs? I hope the fuze will go off first but better to be safe then sorry...please advise if there any findings smile.png thx

Great thnx for the info smile.png the camera is for what? Black box for the police asking for lunch money? Hahaha

Seriously the camera is for evidence to protect myself from the un-even way farangs are treated in auto accidents. It records the traffic front of me and to the right and left. A friend of mine recently hit a motorbike and breaking the persons legs and arms. He had a dash camera. The police said it was his fault and Thai at the scene said my friend ran a red light. They were going to charge him with failing to stop for a signal light, operating a vehicle dangerously and causing harm. The camera recorded his truck entering the intersection with a green light and the motorbike running a red light at high speed. He was cleared and the motorbike driver was sited as being at fault. My camera records anytime the key is on and is my personal insurance policy.

• Like 2

Been playing with my BT-50

Great thnx for the info Posted Image the camera is for what? Black box for the police asking for lunch money? Hahaha

Seriously the camera is for evidence to protect myself from the un-even way farangs are treated in auto accidents. It records the traffic front of me and to the right and left. A friend of mine recently hit a motorbike and breaking the persons legs and arms. He had a dash camera. The police said it was his fault and Thai at the scene said my friend ran a red light. They were going to charge him with failing to stop for a signal light, operating a vehicle dangerously and causing harm. The camera recorded his truck entering the intersection with a green light and the motorbike running a red light at high speed. He was cleared and the motorbike driver was sited as being at fault. My camera records anytime the key is on and is my personal insurance policy.

I hope they won't get the point or they would just break the camera first thing as they pool u over

Since day one I noticed the horn was difficult to activate. I have tried hitting the steering wheel in the center, corners ans the horn icon locations but it can be almost impossible for get it to sound. But after pounding you then get it to beep then the difficultly disappears it will beep easily. Anyone else noticed this?

Since day one I noticed the horn was difficult to activate. I have tried hitting the steering wheel in the center, corners ans the horn icon locations but it can be almost impossible for get it to sound. But after pounding you then get it to beep then the difficultly disappears it will beep easily. Anyone else noticed this?

Nah, I usually whack on the hazard lights and flash the high beams.

No,no problems.