Mazda Bt-50 Launched

@gosompoi

Got the 80/100W bulps within 2 days from the shop you linked. Great tip and recommended!

In the meantime Mazda tried to cheat me with the foot mats that were in the contract. They even dared to call to give me some cheapest China shit, telling me that's all they have. I refused and told them I'll complain to Mazda Thailand. Got a call within 10 mins that they ordered the real stuff. Now waiting what it's going to be smile.png

Thanks and your welcome, after 1 year the bulbs are the best mod I have made to the truck!

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a dash camera and I powered it off the automatic dimming mirror +12 and -12 for dome light. My dash camera needs .3amp with screen off and .5amp with screen on. The dimming mirror +12 is IGN powered, so it powers on when you start the truck.

Interesting. I got a mirror cam from Aliexpress. Powers on and starts recording when the car is started and saves the file and switches off, when ignition goes off. Built-in battery. So it depends on the model.

Edited by MadMac

I have a dash camera and I powered it off the automatic dimming mirror +12 and -12 for dome light. My dash camera needs .3amp with screen off and .5amp with screen on. The dimming mirror +12 is IGN powered, so it powers on when you start the truck.

Interesting. I got a mirror cam from Aliexpress. Powers on and starts recording when the car is started and saves the file and switches off, when ignition goes off. Built-in battery. So it depends on the model.

Very true there a lot of models, I put a amp meter on mine to test it, when the gps is on, battery is charging, screen is on and it is recording video it uses 0.5amp and with the same but screen off it uses 0.3 amps. Mine is a 1080p Mini 0801 Amberella dash camera. I can not even see it hiding behind my mirror when driving.

• 2 weeks later...

A well worth investment, the cam. Actually I would send all of the Chiang Mai scooters involuntarily for 2 weeks to Bangkok to learn how to drive on the left side of the road. May safe not only fingers!

I've installed the SMC controller today. Bit tricky, to get the door panel removed and the description is not really comprehensive. Will post some pics later. But I'd say well worth it. BTW, price is up to 1200B now.

And reverse parking sensors installed today. The chinese drill that was included split into pieces the first time I tried. Pure crap. Got a metal drill at Home Mall today, 22mm, worked out nicely. Controller unit installed above the reserve wheel. Worked out very well.

Don't know why I cant buy this stuff off the shelf as our Aussie friends can?!

Edited by MadMac

And reverse parking sensors installed today. The chinese drill that was included split into pieces the first time I tried. Pure crap. Got a metal drill at Home Mall today, 22mm, worked out nicely. Controller unit installed above the reserve wheel. Worked out very well.

Yes, they came with my car, very handy on a truck.

if you mean "off the shelf" as in "just walk into a car accessories shop and buy it", well, you can :)

If you mean "walk into the dealer parts dept. and get a genuine one that's in stock", that's a big ask :)

Small update: Dash Camera in my BT-50

Wednesday I was in an accident with a Thai on a motorbike that turned in front of me. He hit the side of my truck with his handle bar and caught a finger in the fender well causing the loss of one finger. Both parties made the their statements to the police about what happen. My wife said I must go visit him and take him a gift. As nervous as I was about this, I went and paid my respects to see him. During our visit and inspecting his wounded hand missing that is now missing one little finger. I asked him if he wanted to see pictures from the accident, he replied no. He then made the point he was not riding his motorbike he had already parked on the side of road. His wife jumped in and said yes he wasn't riding he was parked on the side of road. My Thai friend who went with me and had seen the video dozens of times already said excuse me sir but my friends truck has a camera. He again said I do not care and stopped talking. The room went silent. So we politely excused ourselves and gave them our gift and left. My friend left 4 snap shots from the video with them to look at later. The video clearly shows him riding his motorbike not parked and turning right in front of my truck without signaling or looking first. We just upset his retirement plan!

Sorry to hear about your road accident .... this post should convince everyone of the benefits of having a dash cam!

Thanks for sharing this experience!

post-26654-0-49007700-1385195356_thumb.jJUst back from my holidays in Chumphon. We finally got to collect our 3.2 BT50 and am very happy with it. I used it on the farm drove it up dirt mountain roads with a full load of fertilizer and it was great. We went on a few long drives 300k and found very comfortable using the cruise control and loads of power when needed. It can be a thirsty animal but I did not track as I was on holidays. I was very sad to part with at Chumphon airport but will be back in Aprilclap2.gif .

Edited by blowin
  • Like 1

Congrats on the new kid on the block. Great color! (same as mine :) ). It's not thirsty at all. You'll figure it out!

attachicon.gifIMG_0776.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0776.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0776.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0776.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0776.jpgJUst back from my holidays in Chumphon. We finally got to collect our 3.2 BT50 and am very happy with it. I used it on the farm drove it up dirt mountain roads with a full load of fertilizer and it was great. We went on a few long drives 300k and found very comfortable using the cruise control and loads of power when needed. It can be a thirsty animal but I did not track as I was on holidays. I was very sad to part with at Chumphon airport but will be back in Aprilclap2.gif .

• Like 1

Hi all, just to let you know my BT-50 HI Racer is in Thai Visa Classifieds, Auto, leather, 9000kms 4 months old mint condition THB 79500, cheers,

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

For that price I'll buy it off you unseen :)

Hi all, just to let you know my BT-50 HI Racer is in Thai Visa Classifieds, Auto, leather, 9000kms 4 months old mint condition THB 79500, cheers,

For that price I'll buy it off you unseen :)

Oops!!! Let's add another 0!!!! THB 795000 ;)

For that price I'll buy it off you unseen smile.png

Oops!!! Let's add another 0!!!! THB 795000 wink.png

Aw, shucks!! blink.png

BTW, I am looking for more info but I can't locate the ad. whistling.gif

For that price I'll buy it off you unseen Posted Image

Oops!!! Let's add another 0!!!! THB 795000 Posted Image

Aw, shucks!! Posted Image

BTW, I am looking for more info but I can't locate the ad. Posted Image

Just checked the ad, its pending at the moment, should be live in a hour or so, the cars black metallic, black leather, 2.2 auto with cruise control, reversing sensors, stability control, 8 months class 1 insurance and 32 months Mazda warranty remaining, plus 3 free service vouchers, its the top of the range Hi Racer.

Cheers Burnsie

I have one myself and am very happy with it, why are you selling?

After carefully thought we've decided to move back to the UK, we've got a 3 year old and a 1 year old, we both just feel the kids will be better of in the UK, if no kids we would stay.

Gutted to see the car go though, I did a lot of research before buying and think its a better ride than the Ranger and I like the looks on the outside and it kicks the Rangers arse on interior design.

Burnsie.

• Like 2

Wow, our family unit too has decided it was time to move back for the kids after the end of this school year. We will be selling our 4 door 4x4 3.2 BT-50 Pro for the same reason soon.

After carefully thought we've decided to move back to the UK, we've got a 3 year old and a 1 year old, we both just feel the kids will be better of in the UK, if no kids we would stay.
Gutted to see the car go though, I did a lot of research before buying and think its a better ride than the Ranger and I like the looks on the outside and it kicks the Rangers arse on interior design.
Burnsie.

That's a very ok price for automatic, burnsie. Congrats to the buyer :).

Just got my floor mats (finally!) and an english manual, that appears to be good used. Must be the only one they had in the North :). Numbers still pending. My red ones expired just yesterday, but nobody cares anyway.

• Like 1

For that price I'll buy it off you unseen Posted Image

Oops!!! Let's add another 0!!!! THB 795000 Posted Image

Aw, shucks!! Posted Image

BTW, I am looking for more info but I can't locate the ad. Posted Image

Just checked the ad, its pending at the moment, should be live in a hour or so, the cars black metallic, black leather, 2.2 auto with cruise control, reversing sensors, stability control, 8 months class 1 insurance and 32 months Mazda warranty remaining, plus 3 free service vouchers, its the top of the range Hi Racer.

Cheers Burnsie

OK, just checked again the ads in ThaiVisa Classifieds now.

Burnsie.

Wow, our family unit too has decided it was time to move back for the kids after the end of this school year. We will be selling our 4 door 4x4 3.2 BT-50 Pro for the same reason soon.

Burnsie.

Ok, just checked the cars on Thaivisa classifieds now!!

With you two leaving, it looks like we will be left with the sweet pickings:

Burnsie's truck has all the personal preferences that I want in a truck: it's l-oooo-ow kms, it's cool color,

.... but

Gosompoi's pickup has the 3.2L I like plus 4x4! Though how many kms, what color and price are unknowns ....

Mine is the top model Bt-50 Pro (DBL 4x4 3.2 R AT ABS/DSC/Leather) with the 140,000km 5 year warranty Mazda extended warranty included (20k baht value) it will somewhere around mid-30k km traveled when sold. Price is a good question that I do not know the answer right now. but I guess it would be in the 700k range it was over 1 million new with taxes. It would come with 1st insurance. It has a few extra's like 3m film, stainless sill scuff guards, rubber mats, bed liner,and high output head lamps.

Mine is the top model Bt-50 Pro (DBL 4x4 3.2 R AT ABS/DSC/Leather) with the 140,000km 5 year warranty Mazda extended warranty included (20k baht value) it will somewhere around mid-30k km traveled when sold. Price is a good question that I do not know the answer right now. but I guess it would be in the 700k range it was over 1 million new with taxes. It would come with 1st insurance. It has a few extra's like 3m film, stainless sill scuff guards, rubber mats, bed liner,and high output head lamps.

What color is your truck and what is the difference between your Bt-50 Pro model and the Bt-50 Hi Rider model?

What color is your truck and what is the difference between your Bt-50 Pro model and the Bt-50 Hi Rider model?

My color is white. The Hi rider is a Pro which is lifted to same ride height as a 4x4 and mine being a 4x4 it they are the same height. In other words, the Hi Rider is not 4x4 but has the ground clearance of the 4x4 model.

• Like 1

My color is white. The Hi rider is a Pro which is lifted to same ride height as a 4x4 and mine being a 4x4 it they are the same height. In other words, the Hi Rider is not 4x4 but has the ground clearance of the 4x4 model.

OK, I got the Pro - Hi Rider part, but why does Ford/Mazda sell the 2.2L model and the 2.5L engine?

Your truck is '12/'13(?) and has leather seats? What does the 'R' stand for?

Your truck has just about all the options I am looking for: 4 door, AT, 3.2L, the 4x4 would be a sweet bonus and the extended warranty, a feature to seal a deal(!) - but - the White exterior color is the one thing that I just happen to like the least.

Burnsie's truck has the Black color that I have always liked in my vehicles, Black really shines, but my preference for the 2.2L ranks about the same as my personal like for White colored trucks, thus, my personal conundrum.