Mazda Bt-50 Launched

he tyres on that ride are Toyo's. Can anyone comment on that brand and spec for 4wd?

My preference for years have been BF Goodrich for street All Terrain, and mudders@, have also had decent luck with Hankook mudders, but a little loud on road!

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OKay the other shoe has dropped: Anyone else with a 3.2 on order get the call??

Just got a call from Mazda girl we ordered our 3.2 4x4 from..."sorry sorry ..just had meeting in Bangkok ..3.2 project cancelled cannot get....do you want to change your order to 2.2??"

Prompts a whole bunch of questions which I won't bother with because I will just lose it and we will not get any clear answers....but the upshot is either there is a problem with supply of the engines or there is a problem with the engines.

If the delivery is, as I suspect, put out to 6-12 months then I guess I will change my order to to 2.2 and spend the saved 100k on ...

• Like 1

or there is a problem with the engines.

You know this is something to consider when buying something newly released.

I know folks say the Toyota for example is a 5 yr? old design

But one thing with that is the bugs are probably refined out by then :)

Not saying the 3.2 has bugs either...........Just wondering like you said

The 3.2L engine isn't a new design - it's been used in Ford Transit models for years.

A reasonable amount of 3.2L's have been delievered to South African and Australian market customers, and all engines in Thai models come from South Africa, so no reason to suspect it's anything other than a supply chain issue.

Probably some key parts that are normally sourced from TH, that SA suppliers don't have the backup capacity for... Or under local content rules, it's possible that SA sourced alternatives cannot be used on vehicles sold here...

Edited by MoonRiverOasis
  • Like 1

The 3.2L engine isn't a new design - it's been used in Ford Transit models for years.

A reasonable amount of 3.2L's have been delievered to South African and Australian market customers, and all engines in Thai models come from South Africa, so no reason to suspect it's anything other than a supply chain issue.

Probably some key parts that are normally sourced from TH, that SA suppliers don't have the backup capacity for... Or under local content rules, it's possible that SA sourced alternatives cannot be used on vehicles sold here...

So your saying the ford transit engine is the 5 cyl all new and improved super duper jobbie that Ford and Mazda are touting? So what could be the problem?

Has anyone actually ordered a 3.2 and been told it is not available? THAT is my question!

Really think it is the old sales saw..sell what is on the shelf and promise everything else..whenever

So your saying the ford transit engine is the 5 cyl all new and improved super duper jobbie that Ford and Mazda are touting? So what could be the problem?

Has anyone actually ordered a 3.2 and been told it is not available? THAT is my question!

Really think it is the old sales saw..sell what is on the shelf and promise everything else..whenever

Right - the 3.2L diesel is as used on the Transit, and the 2.2L diesel comes from the Mondeo.

I suspect the problem is as per what I already posted wink.png

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Right - the 3.2L diesel is as used on the Transit, and the 2.2L diesel comes from the Mondeo.

THX....so its a old van engine and they toute it as an innovative NEW product..hmmm Whatever... I guess seemed the 2.2 had a lot of guts anyway..from a Mondeo you say..never seen one but sounds as though we are being fed a lot of prol talk if it's been around awhile....maybe look at an Isuzu now..this is really pissing me off. !!!

THX....so its a old van engine and they toute it as an innovative NEW product..hmmm Whatever... I guess seemed the 2.2 had a lot of guts anyway..from a Mondeo you say..never seen one but sounds as though we are being fed a lot of prol talk if it's been around awhile....maybe look at an Isuzu now..this is really pissing me off. !!!

I should be a good thing,if engines are already a proven/innovative design...the rest of the platform is new thou...

New Chevy has a brand new Italian design engines and a new chassis as well...Isuzu and Toyota are a little behind engine wise...

he tyres on that ride are Toyo's. Can anyone comment on that brand and spec for 4wd?

Not HT or AT but regarding the MT,I have Toyo Mud terrains they are absolutely fantastic, long lasting, durable(great rubber mix), good traction in rain due to good siping,

quiet, and very good looking.

A great brand imho

Can't speak about Mazda, but yes alot of us have been told that 3.2 is not available yet in Thailand, although it has been used in Australia for a bit now. I believe it is just another, marketing ploy to make us want it because its not here yet!

Can't speak about Mazda, but yes alot of us have been told that 3.2 is not available yet in Thailand, although it has been used in Australia for a bit now. I believe it is just another, marketing ploy to make us want it because its not here yet!

Guess so..oh well ..guess will bite the bullet and go for the 2.2..can't wait forever as the old Mazda is showing it's age

Thanks all..

Guess so..oh well ..guess will bite the bullet and go for the 2.2..can't wait forever as the old Mazda is showing it's age

Thanks all..

Quite a number of 2.2's are turning up in the parking lot of the ford dealer on Chaengwatta - I assume customer cars. So it seems delivery has started to speed up; no sign of the 3.2 though.

http://i251.photobuc...10308224917.jpg

here another proof that the lights in the tail are fake....

No need for further proof. take a look at it when you're at the dealer and it is more than apparent. ask the sales person if unsure.

"...ask the salesperson...". Now that right there is funny!

Edited by mogandave

Congrats KBB smile.png

What delivery time have they quoted you?

I booked mine March 1st and they said 60 days. I order the top 3.2 Auto 4x4 4dr model in white. My dealer said they already had 6 orders for the top model in white.

http://i251.photobuc...10308224917.jpg

here another proof that the lights in the tail are fake....

No need for further proof. take a look at it when you're at the dealer and it is more than apparent. ask the sales person if unsure.

"...ask the salesperson...". Now that right there is funny!

laugh.png

If it is fake, I will install an LED light in it just to be different.

I order the top BT-50 AT 4x4 3.2 4dr and they said on March 1st 30 to 60 days.

I ordered on 27th of January.... BT-50 AT 4x4 3.2.4dr in black no call yet, but they told me at this tim 3-4 month...

I ordered on 27th of January.... BT-50 AT 4x4 3.2.4dr in black no call yet, but they told me at this tim 3-4 month...

Good frickin grief ..wish the hell these dealers would get their story straight...30 days to 120 days so far.my dealer says "cannot"! Somebody must know...errr maybe not.

Think I will try an email to Mazda and then a call...this is pathetic!! If it's 6 months <deleted> tell us!!

Good frickin grief ..wish the hell these dealers would get their story straight...30 days to 120 days so far.my dealer says "cannot"! Somebody must know...errr maybe not.

Think I will try an email to Mazda and then a call...this is pathetic!! If it's 6 months <deleted> tell us!!

what are you talking about...these 2 guys ordered at different times and this puts both of their deliveries around May.

what are you talking about...these 2 guys ordered at different times and this puts both of their deliveries around May.

pedantic math aside.....I am talking about what amounts to random lead time guesses by the dealers because they do not know and my dealer now telling me never.

...around May....lets hope so...

My guess is May but my dealer said they will start shipping sometime in late April.

Thx for that mate..guess my dealer is just trying to close the sale early with an inventive story...bloody hard to call 'em a liar though, just want to ensure that the order is still in the pipeline somehow...a dilemma indeed

Edited by David006

Looks real good in white w/white grill...

1603349phphw9haaykdj99.jpg

160337smcfyabm215sfs3m.jpg

Nice exactly what we ordered

555555555555.....Soooo... the saga continues..decided we would go with 2.2 4x4..please order. "sorry cannot 2.2 4x4 not pass for registry in Thailand ..can only order 3.2"

"Okay that is what we ordered..yes?"

Yes ...okay will order but cannot get till maybe June"

"sigh...

....okay thx"

So that is the latest from a Trang dealer JUNE.....I had emailed BKK Mazda and told 'em the story that I had been told about the non availability of 3.2 in Thailand...maybe they contacted our dealer....who the f .... knows...now we wait....555555555

Nice!! pic... exactly what we ordered except freestyle cab

555555555555.....Soooo... the saga continues..decided we would go with 2.2 4x4 because of lead time on 3.2l

....."please order"....... ......"sorry cannot 2.2 4x4 not pass for registry in Thailand ..can only order 3.2"

"Okay that is what we ordered..yes?"

Yes ...okay will order but cannot get till maybe June"

"sigh...

....okay thx"

So that is the latest from a Trang dealer JUNE.....I had emailed BKK Mazda and told 'em the story that I had been told about the non availability of 3.2 in Thailand...maybe they contacted our dealer....who the f .... knows...now we wait....555555555