Anyone Else Live Nearby A Thai School?

MarleyMarl

I moved from my old condo that had an ice factory opposite, to a condo about 130m away from a school. And I have to say, the school is much louder than the ice factory...

Every morning at about 7am they start playing this old Thai music through the loud speakers and then there are people (maybe teachers) ranting on about things and then the kids go through their multiplication tables.

I'm just curious if it's just my luck or do all schools do this here?

If you was in a rural area you would also be constantly be getting asked to teach English. Even though you are not qualified, and your vusa prohibits it. Yes what you asked sems par for the course, and the music will be the Thai Anthem as the flag is raised.

Quite normal. I live about 200 m from the village school. Compared to former years things have cooled down. I was suprised that they do NOT sing the national anthem at 8am anymore. But still a lot of announcing and shouting.

Noise starts at 7am? Be happy! Our village headman has some form of insomnia and often loves to start his loudspeaker babble at 5:30am annoyed.gif

Yes quite normal. They start to damage kids hearing at an early age.

Temples are another area to keep away from.

Negative: Kids go deaf at a young age and think noisy is normal. Ever notice how quiet and polite Thais are when they live in our countries?

Positive: They adapt to the noise.

Quite normal. I live about 200 m from the village school. Compared to former years things have cooled down. I was suprised that they do NOT sing the national anthem at 8am anymore. But still a lot of announcing and shouting.

Noise starts at 7am? Be happy! Our village headman has some form of insomnia and often loves to start his loudspeaker babble at 5:30am annoyed.gif

Schools.

Some of us consider these facilities to be anything but schools.

• Like 1

Schools.

At least, they keep the brats away from home during day time. laugh.png

Our village headman has some form of insomnia and often loves to start his loudspeaker babble at 5:30am annoyed.gif

We're lucky not to have this compulsory early morn community nonsense that many regions enjoy....

If we receive anything, it's not 'til 7AM or so.

5:30, huh? You should be so blessed - I know some village headman that isist on 4:30 AM.

Schools.

At least, they keep the brats away from home during day time. laugh.png

Yep...it does have it's moments.thumbsup.gif

I seem to remember from my old house that was behind a school that there was some buddhist them that used to be played at lunchtime too, just before the end of the break. Not to mention the noise of the kids general voices, screaming etc.

Luckily the place I later moved to is behind a school for the deaf! Silence!

For us noise aint a problem but the traffic at 7am is inconceivable........ why do Thais have a thing about driving kids to school?!

As said before, they want them out of the house.

Seriously, I think it's because this generation of kids are getting more and more spoiled and wouldn't dream of sitting in a bus. Also the parents might ket a kick out of it, showing off their new car.

Edited by Semper

The Village School is next to Casa JAG. They have a brass band. It knows two tunes, the "Thai National Anthem" and "The March of The Green Berets". They practise daily. Truly John Wayne has a lot to answer for, I am slowly turning into a fanatical supporter of the Viet Cong! I am seriously considering investing a few thousand Baht in some lessons for them to learn at least two more tunes.

Mind you, Little Miss JAG has announced that she wants a keyboard for her next birthday, so maybe I am doomed!

Probably just as well I am off to the UK for a couple of months!

Schools.

Oh Yes , they aren't about "education" as we know the term

you get used to it we live right next door to Thai school in a Thai village So around 7am village speakers go off with all village announcements then next village speakers clearly still very load then school then often during day school gets kids marching to drums for hours. On top of that regular parties where you might as well go out but they rarely go past 10pm. It does not bother my wife or our 2 kids since they get up at 6am but it often bothers me sinceI dont usually get up until 9-10am. Ive considered totally sound proofing pour bedroom and when it gets to much will do that but weve been here 12 years and you just get used to it. Alternative is to live in one of those forang ghettos with all those nasty Thai wives who act like total morons and are awful people. When people say what a lovely house garden and setting we have and how much better it is than a moo barn I tell them of downside. Even given all noise I would not swap here for anywhere but I think ill be soundproofing bedroom soon so I dont get woken at 7am.

Think yourself lucky.

We used to live in a townhouse. The neighbours moved out and built an ice cream factory there. The compressors were attached to the wall of our house and made a terrible noise all night long.

Oh I forgot one little detail. On the other other side of the road was a Thai school. The music was bearable but the Goddamn whistles of the guards drove me nuts.

For us noise aint a problem but the traffic at 7am is inconceivable........ why do Thais have a thing about driving kids to school?!

Seriously, I think it's because this generation of kids are getting more and more spoiled and wouldn't dream of sitting in a bus. Also the parents might ket a kick out of it, showing off their new car.

These characteristics are clearly a big city thing.

Or perhaps they love their kids and don't want them walking in dangerous traffic to go to school.

These characteristics are clearly a big city thing.

Probably. But I don't like it.

Or perhaps they love their kids and don't want them walking in dangerous traffic to go to school.

Mmm that's strange they normally ride motorbikes to school at around 10 years of age where I live,I don't see to many Thai kids wrapped up in cotton wool,quite the reverse.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app