Foundation Operating Requirements

jlocke51432

I just finished reading Sunbelt's "Foundation Establishment" requirements. My questions are in regard to a foundation after it has been established. I'm attempting to put together some rough numbers for a potential funder. I've talked to a lawyer and a couple different foundation board members and seem to get a wide variety of answers.

Can the foundation employ staff (not anyone on the board) and what is the minimum wage requirement?

Is the foundation required to have a full time secretary at the main office?

What other monthly/yearly operating expenses or gov't fees might there be that any foundation can expect regardless of what they are doing?

Yes, the Foundation can employ staff, the minimum wage is currently set at 6,500 Baht a month but that may change in April to 9,000 Baht assuming the Thai government follows through with their commitment to raising the minimum wage. A minimum wage would not, of course apply to volunteers.

The main annual responsibility of the Foundation is to submit a report of all income, expenses, minutes of meetings and a general report of their operations to the government.

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]