Off The Rack Suits In Bkk

Daewoo

Quick stop-over in BKK on my way back from CNX, where I will be out riding bikes in the coutryside...

I need a couple of new suits for work. Here in Aus they start at about 10,000TNB but a quality one will be at least double that...

I have had a couple of suits tailor made and am not overly happy with them, and since I only have one day to shop, figure Off the Rack will be the go.

I am small for an Aussie, 5'10", 70kg, 32" waist, so don't expect to have enourmous troubles finding something to fit.

What I don't know is where, which centres, and which stores... my Hotel is on Lower Suk, prefer access by Skytrain or Metro to somewhere far out in the sticks...

Any help appreciated...

Daewoo

This is a very strange post considering one of the things I hate about walking around anywhere in Tourist Thailand is the fact that I cannot walk down a street without having Indians trying to sell me a suit.

Any one of these Suit Sellers have suits "on the rack" that are pre-made. Normally they always keep up to the trend and the suits that are on display are the latest style "trendy".

Why anyone would NOT want a taylor made suit for 2,500 baht is beyond me. You must have had a bad experience however having a suit that is Taylor made is just that. I even have them make a Taylor made shirt for me as well for an extra 500 baht. Normally they can have it ready the next day too.

I have bought a few suits over the years here and all were of course taylor made. YOU choose the material, style etc. and vuahla.....a suit that actually fits. Buying off the rack a person would be very lucky to find a better fit however you have made it clear that you do not want a taylor made suit even though if you are not happy with it you just don't pay for it until you are happy with it.

Finding suits in Thailand is about as easy as finding food mate. Any department store or suit seller has suits off the rack.

Thanks Gone...

Aside from feeling that tailor made quality isn't the best, I am also short on time... I only have 1 full day in BKK before flying out... Tailor made is at least 24hours, if they don't screw it up...

I was hoping for a recomendation of a particular (department) store. World Square???

Thanks for the suggestions...

My tolerance for shopping is limited to about 20minutes, so it is important to get in, buy, and get out before I give up :).

I'll give Central ago, don't think I've tried there before.

Daewoo

Thanks for the suggestions...

My tolerance for shopping is limited to about 20minutes, so it is important to get in, buy, and get out before I give up :).

I'll give Central ago, don't think I've tried there before.

Daewoo