What'S Happened With The Woodstock Bar And Grill?

TallGuyJohninBKK

I was looking up something online lately re the Woodstock Bar and Grill, and discovered their website appears to be dead... I haven't been out to that soi in Thong Lor for a while... Is the Woodstock Bar still open???

http://www.woodstockbkk.com/

They have a Facebook page too, but it points to the same dead website.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Woodstock-Bar-Grill/254097288774?sk=info

I believe that their long standing manager has left..... I feel bad for Woodstock.. great place in wrong location on Thong Lor to be fair... There is now A LOT of competition there

Interesting that "Bourbon Street" has now moved into essentially the same area; Ekkamai. There are a huge number of condo developments currently going up between Thong Lo and On Nut so I'm guessing that owners are thinking the market will come to them.

It's not even *on* Thonglor, but tucked away rather deep in Thonglor Soi 13, which is basically a shortcut between Thonglor and Sukhumvit Soi 49. With very little pedestrian traffic and even less parking space, the location is less than ideal and whenever I drive past (which is often) the place looks absolutely empty and deserted. Seems the only thing that keeps them going is "Food by Phone" orders. So let's keep ordering, shall we? Their hamburgers are really tasty; always have been since the shop first opened on the second floor of Nana Plaza some 20 years ago and quickly became a true expat magnet. Not sure why they eventually moved to that desolate out-of-the-way location. Might be that their Nana Plaza lease expired or that the rent became too high.

I used to regularly visit Woodstock in Nana Plaza whenever I was in Bangkok, and have been to their new location a few times in the past.

Not been there for a couple of years now because their website has been down. It is not worth wasting time travelling to such a out of the way location when It might be closed,

Woodstock website still down today five days after my original post...

The reason, BTW, that I happened to go looking for their website last week was, in the past, Woodstock has been one of the pubs in BKK to show the U.S. football Super Bowl game, which is upcoming... So I was curious to see if they had any plans for that this year...

It's not even *on* Thonglor, but tucked away rather deep in Thonglor Soi 13, which is basically a shortcut between Thonglor and Sukhumvit Soi 49. With very little pedestrian traffic and even less parking space, the location is less than ideal and whenever I drive past (which is often) the place looks absolutely empty and deserted. Seems the only thing that keeps them going is "Food by Phone" orders. So let's keep ordering, shall we? Their hamburgers are really tasty; always have been since the shop first opened on the second floor of Nana Plaza some 20 years ago and quickly became a true expat magnet. Not sure why they eventually moved to that desolate out-of-the-way location. Might be that their Nana Plaza lease expired or that the rent became too high.

My complaint is that they have the name "woodstock," great pictures and posters of amazing bands from 60's and 70's, but every time I'm there they play crap pop or Thai music. They have certainly gone downhill from the Nana days.

Their spot in Nana was taken over by one of Rainbo GoGos that the Japs love so much so I wonder if there was a package deal that resulted in Woodstock moving to little Tokyo there at Thong Lo Soi 13.

That Homerun Sports bar may be even worse-located if that is possible. Another good place with good food in the wrong location.

Odd thing...

I happened to be reading Dave the Rave's website the other day, and he had this entry listing for the Woodstock Bar, indicating it is/was scheduled to relocate back to the lower Sukhumvit area... I wonder if that's true, and if it has anything to do with their website being dead.

post-58284-0-80465100-1328360022_thumb.j

BTW, Woodstock website remains dead even as of today.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

As the well known humorist Mark Twain said "the report of my death was an exaggeration"

I am sitting right now next to the owners of Woodstock and they are surely open for business, this is their message. The website has been down for 8 months already. At the time we didn't feel the urgency to keep it. We are working on a new one now. They thank everyone for their concern, they know the location is not as convenient. And thanks for the compliments about the bar. They hope to see everybody soon.

Edited by WAERTH

Thanks again... Obviously, you can't always believe what you see/read on the web...

BTW, hate to mention this, but what kind of general public-oriented business owner in today's world leaves their website dead for 8 months, and expects to do any kind of business?

At the time we didn't feel the urgency to keep it.
Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK