Business Name Registration

I am planning on starting an e-business based in Thailand and am looking for some information please.

I have registered a limited partnership and domain name.

Do I also have to register a business name to operate under?

Where do I do this is there a government department for that? When I registered the partnership I couldn't get the information I needed due to language problems.

Also can you run several diverse businesses (not e-commerce) under one limited partnership umbrella or do you have to re-register another one? My impression was that they tend to group certain activities together and if you want to do something else that is in a different field of business you would have to re-register.

Any advice is appreciated

Mandu

Guest IT Manager

If you "registered" a limited partnership, that is the name of the partnership, as I understand it. As in "My Company L.P."

You can run any sort of business so long as it is covered in your Articles of Association, which are normally drafted with a very wide scope of operations. At least we normally do that.

Hope it helps. FWIW I think you are very brave doing it with limited Thai skills, a lack of knowledge of the processes involved, and no understanding of the Names Registration process.