What'S The Best Printer/Copier To Buy?

giddyup

I love my Cannon MP 280. It can scan photos or documents, photocopy and print documents. An ink tank has been attached to the printer head so this has substantially reduced ink refill cost.

How much did that set you back?

I love my Cannon MP 280. It can scan photos or documents, photocopy and print documents. An ink tank has been attached to the printer head so this has substantially reduced ink refill cost.

They were around 3,000 Baht when I last looked a few months ago.

Edited by PattayaParent

They were around 3,000 Baht when I last looked a few months ago.

No problem with ink heads drying out? As I said, mine won't get a lot of use.

For printer: Epson T-11 with the ink CISS tank. 2500 Baht, has lasted about 4 years now. Certainly beats buying cartridge refills. Should be noted that to keep all 4 colors flowing, you should either a) regularly use all of the colors, or b ) print a 'test' page with all of the colors 1-2 times a week..... I have a lot of friends who normally only use black ink who find that their other colors have stopped flowing from lack of use when they finally want to print some things in color.

Copier: some Canon scanner from about 10 years ago... and we just print everything we need copied.

smile.png

Edited by Heng

If you're worried about the heads drying out get a cheap laser jet and a seperate scanner.

Edit: of course the laserjet is not colour but you OP doesn't specify you need colour?whereas the replies have been for colour printers.

Edited by PattayaParent

The modded ink kits seem to dry/clog up a lot more than the factory ink cartridges.

I had a kit on my Canon MX318 but it kept drying up all the time, or getting bubbles in the ink lines and i'd have to bring it in for repair. In the end i just ripped the ink kit off and put in standard cartridges (which cost way too much) but have not had a problem since.

Also don't get an expensive hi-res photo printer (the ones that take like 7 different color cartridges), these ones seem to dry up a lot quicker than the more standard printers.

Edited by dave111223

If you're worried about the heads drying out get a cheap laser jet and a seperate scanner.

Indeed. I just bought a black laser printer to go with the old scanner I brought back from the UK in my luggage. I expect the toner cartridge to last me several years.

I never print colour but simple colour lasers are also fairly cheap to buy these days, but they can be expensive if you do a lot of printing.