2012 Superbowl In Chiang Mai

mjsansai

I received this notice in an email newsletter a few days ago.

SUPERBOWL 46, MONDAY, FEB. 6th, 5:30 AM in the Lobby Lounge at the EMPRESS HOTEL!! Mark your calendar! ActsCo Printing, Your Chiang Mai Printing Company, is proud to sponsor its 4th annual Superbowl Breakfast Party at the Empress Hotel, located on Chang Klan Road, close to the night bazaar. Watch the New York Giants and the New England Patriots duke it out! REGISTRATION starts at 5:30 AM, BREAKFAST at 6 AM, and KICK OFF at 6:30 AM. Enjoy a full buffet of breakfast delights for only 200 Baht! FREE BREAKFAST vouchers will be given to the FIRST 30 people who SIGN IN and REGISTER, the morning of the Superbowl, and NOT BEFORE! Halftime gifts to be given away! Contact Kendall Cobb at053.960.290 or email at [email protected] for more information! Free entrance! Everyone Welcome (1/27)

(null)

If you go down to the night market area there is a bar/restaurant called THE RED LION (not far from Mc Donalds). Last year they showed all the rugby world cup games on 2 large tvs that would be my best bet and the grub is very good and cheap and has ice cold beers on tap too.

Great news. The Empress should be a first class viewing venue. Thanks for the tip. As a Pats fan, I'm hoping our boy Tom will come out with the same intensity he had against Denver. I watched the first Giants-Pats Super Bowl in the Sports Bar on Soi 20 in Bkk, and my gf couldn't understand why I didn't want to talk for a few days afterward. So I'm hoping for revenge.... but realize that it will be a tremendous game with 2 very good teams.

I feel bad for those who don't appreciate or understand the game, both Thai and farang. But get pissed off when they look down their noses at football fans. For me, I don't understand Aussie FB or Rugby, but appreciate the skill and athleticism.

Take an alien and have him watch 10 games each of the Premeir League and the NFL. No contest. (It takes a minimum of 10 games to just begin to understand the game of football. About 10 minutes of soccer and you get it.)

If you go down to the night market area there is a bar/restaurant called THE RED LION (not far from Mc Donalds). Last year they showed all the rugby world cup games on 2 large tvs that would be my best bet and the grub is very good and cheap and has ice cold beers on tap too.

The Rugby World Cup wasn't at 6am, I doubt very much they will be open.

The Rugby World Cup wasn't at 6am, I doubt very much they will be open.

And the food is not cheap tourist prices

3 years ago my Dad (who was visiting from the U.S.) and I went to the Chiang Mai Saloon #2 (30 Ratchawithi Road) to watch the Super Bowl and we had a blast. You have to make sure you get there early, so you get a seat. They offered a pretty decent all you can eat breakfast (not sure the exact price). Here's a link to their website: http://chiangmaisaloon.com/

3 years ago my Dad (who was visiting from the U.S.) and I went to the Chiang Mai Saloon #2 (30 Ratchawithi Road) to watch the Super Bowl and we had a blast. You have to make sure you get there early, so you get a seat. They offered a pretty decent all you can eat breakfast (not sure the exact price). Here's a link to their website: http://chiangmaisaloon.com/

That is where I've watched it the past 3 years running. I don't think this year will be any different.

If I had a real interest in which team wins the game I would go to one of the pubs

showing the game, though not the UN Irish to watch the game twelve hours after it is

over. However without a rooting interest I would prefer to watch it over the internet

as there you get all the commercials (not shown on ASN or True Vision) and as

most Super Bowl watchers will attest this is generally the most entertaining part of

the broadcast.

If I had a real interest in which team wins the game I would go to one of the pubs

showing the game, though not the UN Irish to watch the game twelve hours after it is

over. However without a rooting interest I would prefer to watch it over the internet

as there you get all the commercials (not shown on ASN or True Vision) and as

most Super Bowl watchers will attest this is generally the most entertaining part of

the broadcast.

Unless the Super Bowl watcher happens to be a football fan.....