Where To Go To Get Birth Cert Translated?

hotandhumid

Stay away from the consulate if you value your bank balance. That place is a total rip-off.

All the visa places seem to do translations, along with the law offices in Soi Post Office and elsewhere, as mentioned.

Bizarrely one legal place I went into to see about a simple certified copy of a passport would only certify a translation, which of course I didn't need. Where's the sense in that?

See your home country's embassy website on how to legalize papers here in Thailand.

Tips for the translation of the document:

they can translate inside bangkok on www.mfa.go.th

They are dual if the translation if it is done the same day. half price if you come and deliver and pick 1-2 days after.

If you make the translation from home they can find wrong they can fix, so it is not cheaper. (you pay to fix errors)

But the most important - if your child has not been translated his name before you can tell how it should be translated into your home language

and

You can pay a small fee and then sends the papier when they finish to legalize them so you should not run into to bangkok again.

I was in Bangkok many times. It has been a costly and time consuming process...

Good luck

remember to get papier legalized again at your Embassy or Consulate (here in Thailand) when Thai authorities have legalized them here in thailand.

and remember to check out everything after they have been translated - for errors, ID number, names, etc. - it's easier just to correct the translation then have to edit a legalized paper. (if at all possible)

if you are married, or your wife name was changed name 2 times the same day you married her, you might as well get all papers done at once.

My Consulat 1000 thb in service fee to legalize, per case. (if there is 1 or 20 paper)

If you go 20 times, it costs 20,000 thb

Good luck2you

Edited by blackadder