Where To Buy A New Car Stereo

Hi all,

I need a new car stereo for my Suzuki Vitara. Doesnt necessarily need to be a new one, new or 2nd hand will do.

Can anyone recommend a shop that a) sells them and B) fits them for a reasonable charge?

(Ideally Chaweng/Bophut/Maenam side of the island, unless there is a particularly good place in Nathon))

Thanks

Ian

I think that there is a place near Bophut traffic lights.

Coming from Chewang - on the left (land-side) heading towards Maenam on the ring road and after the lights. Within a few hundred metres.

There is another one after Big C and after the turning to Bandon Hospital on the left on the ring road heading towards makro. This one also does 'imaginative' body work changes and the radios are more probably for pimp-mobiles and BoomBoom cars. (The ones that vibrate through the base noises.)

I will have a look tomorrow when I am on my travels

Edited by Tropicalevo

I think that there is a place near Bophut traffic lights.

Coming from Chewang - on the left (land-side) heading towards Maenam on the ring road and after the lights. Within a few hundred metres.

There is another one after Big C and after the turning to Bandon Hospital on the left on the ring road heading towards makro. This one also does 'imaginative' body work changes and the radios are more probably for pimp-mobiles and BoomBoom cars. (The ones that vibrate through the base noises.)

I will have a look tomorrow when I am on my travels

i think that the shop at the base of the hill leading up to makro (and opposite the family mart entrance to the old soi monkey) as well as that shop very near ptt maenam (maybe 100m before ptt when approaching from bophut) are both for full on major sound system mods, with speakers, subwoofer, lights etc filling the entire trunk and in some cases, car.

quite sure they can install a simple stereo with two speakers but i'd probably ask a thai to go in there for a quote because you'd probably end up paying sound system prices for a simple dash install.

Ian, does the vitara have any stereo or speakers in it currently? are you just trying to replace it or start over from scratch?

Also another shop in maenam near 75 kitchen.

Also another shop in maenam near 75 kitchen.

Three in Mae Nam - another one near to Dan Autos, another one again but smaller on the left near to Samui Cable.

Let us know the prices and options . . . . . right now with no cash I'm looking at taping a Tesco computer sound system to my roof - - - anyone know how to convert from 240v to 12v?

R

• Like 1

Three in Mae Nam - another one near to Dan Autos, another one again but smaller on the left near to Samui Cable.

Let us know the prices and options . . . . . right now with no cash I'm looking at taping a Tesco computer sound system to my roof - - - anyone know how to convert from 240v to 12v?

I went to the one at the bottom of the hill from Makro, opposite entrance to Soi Monkey, but they didnt have any brands that Id heard of, and strangely everything was tghe same price - 3500 baht.

I then went to the one you mentioned near Dan Auto. Its about 100 metres from Dan Auto, closer to Bophut, same side of road. They had a better selection, with brands you'd heard of, such as Pioneer, JVC, Sony. I chose a JVC one for 4k baht, which included fitting, which the guy did in about 10 minutes. He also spoke good english.

Thanks for the tips everyone.