A Day Trip To Khao Yai National Park And Wang Nam Kieaw

BigBikeBKK

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe give up riding bikes if that major incident incited you to put up a youtube vid about an 'idiot' vigo driver...

I hope you do not ride during midday with your high beam on.

In case you didn't notice that was just one little clip out of a bunch that I took on our little outing yesterday.

Don't worry, plenty more to come!

In all seriousness though, I think it's a good thing for people who may be new to riding in Thailand to be aware of the special challenges that await you on the roads here.

Rule #1 for all bikers: Expect the unexpected :)

Happy Trails!

Tony

where was the ham steak place they looked yummy biggrin.png

Figures you'd be interested in the ham Allan wink.png

well then GPS co-ordinates, please. A nice ride AND ham steaks....lovely

Here's the route:

Jan29LoopMap.jpg

Link:

http://maps.google.c...,2,6,7&t=m&z=10

Location of the restaurant is right about here: 14.595877,101.392472

Ride On!

Tony smile.png

thanks biggrin.png

Is it just me that think the standard smileys at the bottom are crap!!!! you have to show all just to get a smiley face..

and thats the chop, not the steak...the chop has a big bone.

Tony was being sarcastic, as we did order the chop but ended up with the steak..... Luckily for the shop the chop tasted ok smile.png

the bill came to about 1000 Baht for 5 people- not bad IMO smile.png

Cough, cough... 1200B biggrin.png

Surely i'm owed a discount on the Arrow now?? hehehe biggrin.png

Just import one yourself, I did a few months ago and was just over 10,000baht including postage and import duty.

Is it just me that think the standard smileys at the bottom are crap!!!! you have to show all just to get a smiley face..

Agreed the new smiley layout sucks, but you can post smilies without going to the smiley menu.

: + ) = :)

; +) = ;)

etc :D

My other pet peeves with this new forum are the inability to insert videos other than YouTube and all the mismatched quotes error messages...:/

nice trip report as always.

What model GSXR is it?

K5 smile.png

I'm slow as hell, but wow, what a rush! smile.png

Never been round bira before...thanks for the view..

p.s you need to get your weight forward a little bit more and get your head out over the mirrors and keep that baby more upright....cool vid though..

What model GSXR is it?

K5 smile.png

p.s you need to get your weight forward a little bit more and get your head out over the mirrors and keep that baby more upright....cool vid though..

My bike has mirrors?!

DSC_9476.JPG

What model GSXR is it?

K5 smile.png

My bike has mirrors?!

DSC_9476.JPG

I think you know want i was saying, just observed the head position in relation to the bum position, not great TBH ......

This is the "high plains" area of Khao Yai National Park- where they have viewing towers and put out salt to attract the animals. Only animals we saw on this ride were the ubiquitous monkeys and the super tame deer that hang around the visitor center.

LOL, that bloke at the end of the video, how could he not HEAR your bike pulling into the car park, seriously? biggrin.png

Yeah, that was a little weird... Most folks can hear the Gixxer coming from miles away, but I guess that dude was a little hard of hearing or totally spaced out ;)

Nice, but whoever belongs to the cute chicky should buy her some boots.......

I speak from some experience.

She wanted to show off her matching Kawasaki Candy Lime Green toenails! giggle.gif

Should mix nicely with the eventual red and white to make a sweet Italia homage to the Duc.

Not at all...I hear your noise pollutants a lot around here...we live in peace and quiet and you pollute it....that simple.

And you wonder why you did not see any animals in the park...we see them all the time.

Edited by samsiam

Not at all...I hear your noise pollutants a lot around here...we live in peace and quiet and you pollute it....that simple.

And you wonder why you did not see any animals in the park...we see them all the time.

Actually it's pretty fun to scatter the monkeys with a loud bike intheclub.gif

• Like 1

She wanted to show off her matching Kawasaki Candy Lime Green toenails! giggle.gif

Should mix nicely with the eventual red and white to make a sweet Italia homage to the Duc.

I hear ya mate- I'm a believer in ATGATT and seeing people ride in innappropriate footwear always makes me cringe.

But at the end of the day, she's a grown woman and it's up to her if she wants to take that risk...

Yes...I would imagine for your type it would be.

I hear ya mate- I'm a believer in ATGATT and seeing people ride in innappropriate footwear always makes me cringe.

But at the end of the day, she's a grown woman and it's up to her if she wants to take that risk...

Fair enough, Tell her I was lucky, I woke up in Phuket hospital just in time to hear the Doc tell the nurses she was going to cut off all my toes... (actually really nice once I disabused her of that notion)

I was ATGATT too, but I was on holidays and it was hot. and I was only going over the hill..

classic lol

They're not <deleted> riding blown Harleys on their 5k pattaya circuit..

They're not <deleted> riding blown Harleys on their 5k pattaya circuit..

So you're saying these a-----s go a bit further than 5k....bully for them....perhaps they should not if a vigo scares the crapper out of them.

Edited by samsiam