Wetv

el jefe

Did anybody with this service get the Superbowl?

No, but got every UK Premier League football match and 6 Nations Rugby....it doesn't get any better than that.

No room for the Superbowl.biggrin.png

Edited by uptheos

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe people do not know. I tend to stick to the channels that I watch every day instead of channel surfing. Thanks for filling us in and thanks to WETV for more entertainment and a fine service for a reasonable price.

Haven't had much chance to watch the telly lately but switched on WeTV last night and it seems 17,18,19 movies have gone. There's now a movie channel somewhere down near 7 0r 8 approx. I think that's it for movies. Universal (the law & order thingy) is on 25 and the syfy one on 26. Choice of watching seems to get more desperate but at least it still has the Aussie soap operas!

Today, WETV Chiang Mai has been off TWICE. Is currently OFF at 2.30pm, what is going on?? the audi and video quality of late has been pretty bad with FREQUENT Audi Drop-outs and frequent "Line Flashes" over the screen. We called them out a couple of weeks ago and they claimed they were "fixing the problem"...wel what has happened, Perhaps "WETV" means "WORST EVER TV." While I'm at it, why since the put Aljazeera Back On, after many complaints did they decide to stick it on Channel 42.... away from all the other "English Language" News Chennels? The news is about the only thing worth watching on WETV as all the other channels, aside from those in Thai Language are full of REPEATS and MORE REPEATS of shows....."WETV=WORSTEVER TV."

A couple of weeks ago I was at the Wetv office and complained about the missing movie channel,

they say it will be back next month,and asked if they will be providing the EPL (football) they did

not know .

regards Worgeordie

A couple of weeks ago I was at the Wetv office and complained about the missing movie channel,

they say it will be back next month,and asked if they will be providing the EPL (football) they did

not know .

regards Worgeordie

Was wondering what happened to the missing movie channel. And what's up with Channel 26? Overall it's not a bad deal for 350 THB. For the whiners.....go pay 1500 for True.

Overall it's not a bad deal for 350 THB. For the whiners.....go pay 1500 for True.

Agreed. It is worth the price just for the 3 news channels. The movies and series channels are a bonus, if one is not downloading more recent fare.

not know .

regards Worgeordie

Was wondering what happened to the missing movie channel. And what's up with Channel 26? Overall it's not a bad deal for 350 THB. For the whiners.....go pay 1500 for True.

I've had True for years, but only because of the English Premier League football and I have praised them in the past for that. 2 News channels help. Movie channels are dire as is the entertainment, though I enjoyed BBC entertainment, which was another 170 Baht. For years they just had people by the balls because you could only watch certain channels if you had the Gold or Platinum packages.

Now they have lost the EPL rights to the Bangkok cable company, it has been cancelled.

We TV is certainly good value for the three news channels alone and I'm sure there are enough other channels to make it good value. It appears that Expat TV has them too (not Fox) plus it's British TV and it's quality, which is a bonus for me. The trouble is in my household we don't want all the Thai channels that come with WE, as we only watch English speaking channels. Plus with Expat TV there is an up to 5 day 'on demand' in all sections comedy, drama, sports etc. Their cost is 600 Baht pm.

I am considering my options right now and really appreciate the links and advice from certain members here, there is always a lot of good advice out there, blow my mind what some people know and are willing to share. smile.png

Felt sad at losing EPL but kind of glad to give True the elbow. Now we just wait to see what EPL options might be available via satellite or Internet, if any. It's not the end of the world, I lived with Match of the Day for years and can do so again.

BTW I got a call from True yesterday saying that the signal will be cut on 31st as agreed, but if in the meantime I would re-consider, they would give me the package I now subscribe to (1,798) for only 1,100 Baht (for 3 months only). laugh.png

Must be a lot of football fans cancelling.....they just don't get it!

Theres also UKTV, 13 UK channels,no buffering problems,just stream it from

computer to your tv, costs Bht490 p.m., then I just stream movies and latest

series from various sites on Internet,works very well,never missed True in last

5 years,well maybe the football,but my team played so bad last season ,glad

i was unable to watch the mess they where in.

But maybe I might be able to see EPL,the coming season,but don't know how

yet, CTH who won the rights don't seem to be letting anyone know how they

are going to get it out to the masses,maybe in Thai style we will finally find out

after a few games have already been played !

True loosing the EPL rights ,could not have happened to nicer people, lets

see if the can operate without the monopoly!

regards Worgeordie

Check out the football forum for latest on CTH EPL deal. I don't think they'll be any problems. 899 p/m 380 games, less if you want less games. Decent entertainment package included in that too. I think they've done a deal with TOT to distribute the signal. Also available on Vinasat 2, which makes sense as they also have the rights for Laos and Cambodia. I don't think there is a big infrastructure for cable TV there yet.

Official announcement expected around 16th - 20th June. New CTH service goes live 21st June. If WETV haven't sorted it yet to be a CTH partner, then I think someone else will be doing it in Chiangmai. there were issues with independent cable operators coming under CTH's umbrella due to having to disclose all customer records and billing to them + 25% subs fee.

From football forum, seems to confirm my idea that WETV won't be running CTH's operations in Chiangmai if what this guy in Udon Thani said is true.

"Just as a further report on the CTH boxes, went into Home Cable in Udonthani and they gave me a brochure stating that if you are an existing cable customer the first box is free and any other you want is 1800 baht. As far as I could make out talking to the staff via my wife, you can't buy the receivers yet and it should ? be available for out of towners via satellite, all will be revealed by June 21st if they are true (sorry for the pun) to their word.."

Hubby was quite happy with the news channels on WETV, although he said it would have been nice to get CNBC and CNN. But, I wasn't happy with their movie and entertainment options.

After several less-than-satisfactory attempts to replicate True with pirates, I finally said "sc--w it, I'm fixing this problem" and marched into the True office at KSK with my Visa card. Now we have reliable TV service, excellent HD quality and customer service phone line operators who speak good (more like excellent) English. The deal is, though, that Hubby will never see the bill and I will take care of it without telling him we're paying U.S. DirecTV prices.

There are just some problems money can solve, and this is one of them. The really diffuclt problems are the ones that can't be fixed with money. Having good reliable TV service isn't something to obsess about.

You're in Thailand. True seems to have some sort of monopoly. Let's face reality.

Edited by NancyL

I would have agreed with you a few months ago Nancy, but not now.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/CTH-offering-satellite-as-well-as-cable-TV-30207170.html

That being said, TRUE may offer some more sport content, but CTH have Fox sports also!

Sounds promising but we'll have to see. A high channel count is not especially a good thing, rather what the available channels are, is what counts. The g/f's mother has a package for her tenants that she paid about 1700 THB (one time charge) and there are 72 channels I think. There is only 1 English language channel - RT TV from Russia. Perhaps 30 of the channels are nothing but adverts. Think quality...not quantity...

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/CTH-offering-satellite-as-well-as-cable-TV-30207170.html

That being said, TRUE may offer some more sport content, but CTH have Fox sports also!

Sounds promising but we'll have to see. A high channel count is not especially a good thing, rather what the available channels are, is what counts. The g/f's mother has a package for her tenants that she paid about 1700 THB (one time charge) and there are 72 channels I think. There is only 1 English language channel - RT TV from Russia. Perhaps 30 of the channels are nothing but adverts. Think quality...not quantity...

How true, nothing worse than a remote control in the hands of someone else, when there are 150 rubbish channels. biggrin.png

I'm letting WETV and cable television slide. In the past month, I doubt I've watched five hours, and those were mostly wasted.

It's finally clear to me that I can find all the news/visual entertainment I need on the internet. If I were a big sports fan, I'd definitely go for the True Gold package, which some of my friends have, but I'm not.

I'm letting WETV and cable television slide. In the past month, I doubt I've watched five hours, and those were mostly wasted.

It's finally clear to me that I can find all the news/visual entertainment I need on the internet. If I were a big sports fan, I'd definitely go for the True Gold package, which some of my friends have, but I'm not.

True Visions the King of Sports.........but no EPL, what false advertising!

What about the GRAMMY service?? You pay a fixed one off, something like 1900b, and good for life. I read that as good for a year and a half. I cant see BBC on their list, but apparently you can upgrade over the counter at 7-11 for most channels.

I dont watch TV except for downloads, but do like having the BBC news a click away when needed. Currently can do that on the ipad easy enough, but its not always stable.

WeTV screwed me last yr when i re-connected with them on the premiss that they would relocate to my new digs ... now they say they dont service the new digs, which is 500m away from the old digs. Fkrs.!!

From football forum, seems to confirm my idea that WETV won't be running CTH's operations in Chiangmai if what this guy in Udon Thani said is true.

I thought that as well, but I called CTH this morning and was told their service would be available in Chiang Mai through WETV. However, according to the WETV office manager negotiations are still ongoing. I hope they sort their acts out before the new football season starts.

Edited by Jowels

I thought that as well, but I called CTH this morning and was told their service would be available in Chiang Mai through WETV. However, according to the WETV office manager negotiations are still ongoing. I hope they sort their acts out before the new football season starts.

The EPL seems to be a mystery wrapped up in a conundrum, with the license holders and their agents seemly knowing nothing

time is ticking away and the new season will be here before you know it,but where does one find out any information? ,not just

hearsay, theres nothing on CTH website,I think its going to be a Thai style cock up ,

regards Worgeordie, PS Wetv said they were going to reinstate one of the movie channels they removed, and true to their word

they HAVE NOT.

There's still plenty of time. But if you're worried that wetv may cock it up somehow then just get the satellite system installed. I wonder if wetv will provide us with all the HD channels? If not I'll do it via a CTH dish.

I have 3 satellite dishes ,2Ku and 1 C band which are not connected to any boxes,as the services have gone belly up

and got rid of the boxes,so would just have to align the dish to Viasat 1 ?, and buy yet another box,and just hope that

CTH stay in business !, Don't know about plenty of time,still have not seen any official list of channels ,packages available.

regards Worgeordie

Just spoken to WETV. Nothing has been confirmed as yet as to whether they will become a CTH partner. I said when Is it likely to confirmed. She advised as quickly as possilble, before the football season. I'll give it until beginning to Mid-July and get for the dish service if nothing sorted by then. I've registered on their website, so I expect a call before the month is out.

How true, nothing worse than a remote control in the hands of someone else, when there are 150 rubbish channels. biggrin.png

Had a look at the 142 CTH Channels available and being that Fox News, DW and SKY News are the only options for News, I will pass on the idea altogether. Nothing wrong with SKY - I enjoyed watching it when I lived in Spain, but I need more choices than that. At least WETV has Fox, BBC, DW and Al Jazeera for a little variety. I would prefer CNN, MSNBC, and/or CNBC but no such luck.

• 5 months later...