Isuzu 3.0 Vgs V-Cross Z-Prestige A/T

JAS21

So the Isuzu dealer eventually got a test car, V-Cross 3.0 VGS Z-Prestige 4*4 Navi A/T as they call it. This morning we had a test drive, it felt a bit firm and I asked about the tyre pressures. They checked after and found them at 45psi.

So this afternoon we had another test drive with them set at 29psi, somewhat better. I quite liked it although a little noisy under acceleration but quite at a steady speed. Unfortunately the software for the GPS had not been installed so I couldn’t see what that was like. It’s Kenwood.

Now we paid a 5000Baht deposit at the Motor Expo and the guy says today that he can’t give a date for delivery but we are at the top of his queue!

He is offering nothing off the price or throwing anything in.

He wants

987000 basic price

7000 Pearl White

9500 Isuzu offer, this is bed liner, floor mats, window film, anti rust underneath, number plate.

This comes to 1003500Baht. On top he offers 1st insurance with Viriya at 17000Baht and of course there is 8500Baht for road tax. So a grand total of 1,029,000 to put it on the road.

I also want the Carryboy electric cover, the one that opens parallel upwards (not the tilting one) and am waiting for his price for that ... anyone any ideas how much it should be, sprayed up in Pearl White?

He says as soon as they are given the vehicle number (chassie I guess) he wants a 30000Baht deposit – that seems OK to me. He tells us that at the Motor Show Isuzu will not be offering any promotion on this vehicle as it is new!

I haven’t decided to dive in or wait and see if any offers (promotions) are at the Motor Show.

Does anyone, maybe Mr MRO, know what might be at the Motor Show ... thanks

Edited by JAS21

I wouldn't be walking away from a deal like that, I'd be running.

Go visit another dealer now that you know what you want, and push them to include your full list of add-ons for free - you won't get the Carryboy for free, but you always need to ask for at least one freebie too many, so there's a point of negotiation and happy compromise smile.png

Edit: Just to be clear, the top-spec V-Cross you're looking at it the single most profitable model for an Isuzu dealer - it has somewhere between 60K and 120K more profit in it than lower spec versions have.

If you don't go for their throat, they'll go for yours.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I have exactly the same Isuzu ordered and the same color. I couldn't get anything for free. I saw 2 days ago that my dealer has a demo in the show room but no one seems to know just when I will get delivery. I ordered last November. I have been also looking at the Carryboy Top with electric, and as near as I can tell the price was 29,000 baht installed however I just may get the Alpha Sport Cover (SCR) or the Carryboy full box, the latter 2 only open at a 45 degree though.

I have exactly the same Isuzu ordered and the same color. I couldn't get anything for free. I saw 2 days ago that my dealer has a demo in the show room but no one seems to know just when I will get delivery. I ordered last November. I have been also looking at the Carryboy Top with electric, and as near as I can tell the price was 29,000 baht installed however I just may get the Alpha Sport Cover (SCR) or the Carryboy full box, the latter 2 only open at a 45 degree though.

I also have one ordered, as well as a Ranger. The Isuzu was promised 15th January, then a week later, and now it seems like they have no knowledge of when it may arrive. They told me I was number three in line. However I know this dealer has delivered six already over the last two weeks, but they still insist I am number three in line. I have been renting a Vigo since November whilst waiting. Ford told me yesterday that no Ranger 3.2's will get delivered before July 2012. This maybe right or wrong, who would know? After learning this I stopped at a Toyota dealer yesterday and asked about a Vigo. The waiting list is forever it would seem and they weren't at all interested in helping , but after a call around I found one at another dealer, where the original purchaser was having difficulty with finance, which is now in my driveway. Not the best choice, but the stroking around by the other brands presently is sheer stupidity. God help them when the new Vigo gets released. They won't be quite so cocky then!

Edited by Woodsie888

I also want the Carryboy electric cover, the one that opens parallel upwards (not the tilting one) and am waiting for his price for that ... anyone any ideas how much it should be, sprayed up in Pearl White?

I have a carryboy cover fitted to my Hilux, it tilts and can be opened upwards to, it has an electric motor.

Same colour as the truck - white and cost 25K THB. Speak to the dealer, they will get the carryboy chaps to come along and fit it. It takes a few hours, so allow for some heel kicking time at the dealership.