Mr. Wong......... So Long!

GamLing

Has anyone been to Mr. Wong's watch shop in Wat Chai Market recently? I have used his shop for many many years and I have always been pleased with the service that he offered......... until now. Well, I had noticed that he was developing an attitude over the last couple of years but my visit yesterday was the last one that I will make to his shop.

There was a couple of "browsers" in the shop so I went straight up to the counter and asked him if he would fit a new battery n my watch. His response was "No time (sic!). Come back tomorrow or after tomorrow" and he waved me away disdainfully with a flick of his hand.

I replied "OK, Mr Wong, it's your loss" and I left and went round the corner to another watch shop and had a battery fitted immediately. The young man was polite, efficient and charged me 100 baht. (Last time Mr. Wong charged me 300 baht!!!)

So Mr. Wong... so long!!!

I asked him for a good quality omega copy for a uk mates wife,after reading reccomendations on forums about his shop he sold me one for 3000bht ,on return to uk it kept stopping,I returned it to him next trip and his reply was its a copy what do you expect,said he looked at it but it was still the same!

I asked him for a good quality omega copy for a uk mates wife,after reading reccomendations on forums about his shop he sold me one for 3000bht ,on return to uk it kept stopping,I returned it to him next trip and his reply was its a copy what do you expect,said he looked at it but it was still the same!

Wong again! laugh.png

He sold you a wong'un.

Out of bed long side.

Yeh, I stopped going to him over ten years ago now.

Too expensive and if you want a bargain,forget it - the watch WILL stop!

Was a nice bloke years ago but now too many falang giving him abuse over the years have finally taken its toll me thinks.

Arh well, all good things come to and end yeh?

Nothing Wong with Mr Wong! Have been buying watches from him for 16 years! I still have a few watches that are 10 years old. Any watch that has had a problem he has fixed/replaced immediately - no quibble.

I admit he has put his prices up quite a bit over the past 3 years (used to be 1800-2000 for a ladies watch now its 2.2 for ladies and 2.5-3k for mans), but its well worth it because you can always take it back and get it fixed if it goes "wong" :-)

I expect if he's selling many watches he cant be bothered with a battery fix at his busy times...?

100 - 300 baht to put a battery in? I get it done for 30 baht most places in the malls.

I guess it has something to do with the quality of the battery, not the time it takes to change the battery.

Absolutely right. My watch is a genuine Omega De Ville and do you think that I would be satisfied with a 30 baht battery? If you do then you are totally wong.

Edited by GamLing

• 9 years later...
19 minutes ago, JeffinChonburi said:

He is still there. Bought two watches from him today. Sea Dweller & Sea Master. Discount 6K to 5,300. Thought he was gonna have a stroke. Nice dude, and Very Smart. 

Genuine? From Bht 11,300 down to 5300. Yes he IS very smart....he sold you two watches.

Edited by KannikaP