Comparative Rating On Abhisit-Yingluck Govt

webfact

Comparative rating on Abhisit-Yingluck govt

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Suan Dusit Poll, released on Friday, found the Yingluck Shinawatra government to have outpaced, trailed behind and been on par with the Abhisit Vejjajiva administration on a combination of factors.

The Yingluck government was seen as outperforming the previous administration on three issues, namely, the Bt15,000 starting salary for civil servants with a Bachelor's degree, the Bt300 daily minimum wage and the drug suppression campaign.

The Abhisit government, in turn, was seen as superior to the present administration on two issues - the Cabinet line-up and the paddy price intervention scheme.

The two governments were on par for one issue - education policies. The survey found the two to have equally failed to end the political conflict and to quell the southern violence.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-03

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yingluck fares better than Abhisit on wage rises: Survey

image_2012020312451841BED009-E8FD-B351-48318E5E7A546D01.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 3 - The Pheu Thai-led Yingluck administration scored higher on its wage rise policy, but took second place when compared to the previous government on cabinet appointments, according to an opinion poll released on Friday.

However neither government achieved a 50 per cent level of approval in any category.

The survey was conducted by Suan Dusit Rajabhat University among 2,163 people across the country from Jan 28-Feb 2, assessing the two governments' performances after the current administration has held office for six months.

The rise to a Bt15,000 monthly salary for university graduates and a minimum wage of Bt300/day for workers won approval of 43 per cent of respondents, counted as a better performance by the current government of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, followed by drug suppression at 34 per cent and international trade and investment at 21 per cent.

The Yingluck administration took second place to the previous government of Democrat Party prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva on cabinet appointments, rising oil prices and the rice price guarantee scheme. Those surveyed rated the issues at 39, 34 and 26 per cent respectively.

Equal performances were registered by both governments in supporting education policy at 42 per cent, attentiveness to the public at 31 per cent, and the policy of free public utilities -- water, electricity and transportation-- at 25 per cent.

Meanwhile, those surveyed viewed efforts to solve political conflicts (37 per cent), southern violence (33 per cent), and fight against corruption (29 per cent) as both administrations' evenly poor performances. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-02-03

Yingluck fares better than Abhisit on wage rises: Survey

image_2012020312451841BED009-E8FD-B351-48318E5E7A546D01.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 3 - The Pheu Thai-led Yingluck administration scored higher on its wage rise policy, but took second place when compared to the previous government on cabinet appointments, according to an opinion poll released on Friday.

However neither government achieved a 50 per cent level of approval in any category.

The survey was conducted by Suan Dusit Rajabhat University among 2,163 people across the country from Jan 28-Feb 2, assessing the two governments' performances after the current administration has held office for six months.

The rise to a Bt15,000 monthly salary for university graduates and a minimum wage of Bt300/day for workers won approval of 43 per cent of respondents, counted as a better performance by the current government of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, followed by drug suppression at 34 per cent and international trade and investment at 21 per cent.

The Yingluck administration took second place to the previous government of Democrat Party prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva on cabinet appointments, rising oil prices and the rice price guarantee scheme. Those surveyed rated the issues at 39, 34 and 26 per cent respectively.

Equal performances were registered by both governments in supporting education policy at 42 per cent, attentiveness to the public at 31 per cent, and the policy of free public utilities -- water, electricity and transportation-- at 25 per cent.

Meanwhile, those surveyed viewed efforts to solve political conflicts (37 per cent), southern violence (33 per cent), and fight against corruption (29 per cent) as both administrations' evenly poor performances. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-02-03

The 300Baht min. wgae has just ben posptponed for the first several provinces and now some will see it in 2015. Would they like to do the poll again.

A comparative study between Democratically elected Govts. would be more informative.

Considering that a military, coup installed Govt. owes its' allegiance to those who positioned them, their priorities would reflect it.

Whereas the current Ms. Y. Govt owes its' allegiance to the electorate. Her policies would reflect that electorate, as would other previous Govts. who came to power the same, democratic way.

Alternatively, it would be interesting to compare Thai Govts which were elected, vs. those who were 'coup'ed" into place.

same for me, both equally happy to line up their friend pockets

Buts lets look at the one main and huge difference.... Yingluck has an overall majority to carry through her policies... Abhisit was the leader of a very fragile coalition ... keeping that coalition together was a feat of terrific politics... by a very clever and unshaken leader... Abhisit was NEVER scared to face his rivals in Parliament... where is Yingluck..? all she can face , it seems, is a mirror or a camera..! Lets see her go head to head , live on TV... with Mr Abhisit.. She would not dare... come on all media and lets push for a live debate .... why are you all scared to push for something so obviously needed by the people to see which of these two opponents handles each other... I know where my money lies...!!!

Yeah , good idea, common Mark throw out a challenge, put the young Lady on notice.wai.gif

Calgaryll may be a new member baseball boy, but his views are as valid as yours. Just because he doesn't parrot your views doesn't make him any less of a forum member. Stuff that in your database and smoke it!

Why so much anger nothing was said about him not being less a member.

No anger, just don't like the sneers.

But only one was elected...big difference.

Yes, being elected to line one's pockets is far more democratic than being appointed, gotta agree with that. BTW good to see the motorcycle taxi problem is being solved by our most recently elected "member".

Edited by Reasonableman

A comparative study between Democratically elected Govts. would be more informative.

Considering that a military, coup installed Govt. owes its' allegiance to those who positioned them, their priorities would reflect it.

Whereas the current Ms. Y. Govt owes its' allegiance to the electorate. Her policies would reflect that electorate, as would other previous Govts. who came to power the same, democratic way.

Alternatively, it would be interesting to compare Thai Govts which were elected, vs. those who were 'coup'ed" into place.

I think you have made an error. The Abhisit Government was not installed by the coup makers. This is a myth propagated by the reds to suit their own purposes but not at all true.

Edited by ianf
  • Like 1

I think you have made an error. The Abhisit Government was not installed by the coup makers. This is a myth propagated by the reds to suit their own purposes but not at all true.

I know the majority electoral block in the country disagrees with this "myth" claim and can pursuasively argue that the coup makers were behind him being hoisted in one way or another. But to avoid the nitty-grities of that debate, lets' just get to the bottom line.

He was not elected in a national election.

The moment he exposed himself to the national electorate, I don't need to tell you what happened.

He really should have taken a page out of the Australian Prime Ministers MO, who was also elevated to the PM'ship via parliamentary manueverings, but who took responsibility.

She stated clearly that the Prime Minister should be elected by the people, and she promptly held an election to legitimize herself.

Edited by CalgaryII

We asked 100 people in red shirts from the north east for their views on the current government, the result was a fantastic endoursement.

The we asked the same people what they thought of the previous government, the result was damning. What a surprise!

It all depends what question you ask, how its worded and who you select to ask and then, of course, how you interpret the result.

Anyone know of a destitute politician?

I know the majority electoral block in the country disagrees with this "myth" claim and can pursuasively argue that the coup makers were behind him being hoisted in one way or another. But to avoid the nitty-grities of that debate, lets' just get to the bottom line.

The moment he exposed himself to the national electorate, I don't need to tell you what happened.

He really should have taken a page out of the Australian Prime Ministers MO, who was also elevated to the PM'ship via parliamentary manueverings, but who took responsibility.

She stated clearly that the Prime Minister should be elected by the people, and she promptly held an election to legitimize herself.

He was elected as an MP and he was elected as PM.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

So Yinglucks bunch has implemented 1.5 policies and Abhisits bunch implemented 1.

Strewth, the fast pace of change in Thai politics.

The sad part is Yingluck has complete control she does not have to placate other parties.

Abhist on the other hand did have to placate other parties. Even with that hanging around his neck he managed to get a better cabinet.

Seems to me with a inferior cabinet we can look forward to inferior work.

Just wondering out loud what Yingluck would do if the Yellow shirts were to turn into a terrorists organization and unleash it on Bangkok like the red shirts did.

He was elected as an MP and he was elected as PM.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

More apologists appearing on the scene,

so I suspect some thing is a foot....

You are new here aren't you. To much res shirt nonsense.

Check the facts who did the army turn the power over to when they stepped out?

But only one was elected...big difference.

If the Democrats and its intimidate predecessor were not elected how did they get into power.violin.gif

And why do you not say some thing about there predecessor. violin.gif

Could be it is a good system as long as you get what you want and no good if you don't get what you want.violin.gif

O goody another malcontent who wants Thailand to be like where he came from.

I lived in Canada for many years and they had Prime Ministers who were not elected by the people.

It worked fine for them.

I lived in Canada for many years and they had Prime Ministers who were not elected by the people.

It worked fine for them.

Don't you spend quite a lot of time on this forum telling us how you think that that Thailand should be run?

More apologists appearing on the scene,

so I suspect some thing is a foot....

Could it be - someone who doesn't share your views - surely not?

He's always prattling on about conspiracies to invade the board by organised Thaksin propagandists crazy.gif . Best to just enjoy the strange comedy biggrin.png .

No, Ian, you have made the error. The last coalition government was forced together by the army at General Anupong's house on an army barracks. The myth being propagated is that the coalition was just a routine negotiation between and coming together of politicians in parliament.

• Like 1

It worked fine for them.

Don't you spend quite a lot of time on this forum telling us how you think that that Thailand should be run?

No