Dexedrine, Add And Thailand

MilkPlus

First let me say Hello...Hello! :o

I will be arriving in Bangkok soon and have a question about a prescription I have been taking for years now for my ADD.

I take Dexedrine which is an Amphetamine, it’s a slow release low dosage but it still shows up as Amphetamine in any drug test I’ve ever taken for Jobs in years past. It’s never been a problem here because all that happens is the test facility calls me asks for the prescription # and then calls the pharmacy to confirm that I do indeed have a prescription.

I have a couple questions.

1. Will I be able to get this prescription in Thailand? I don’t really want to bring a bunch with me because I don’t want to run the risk of being hassled at the border for having several hundred capsules, it’s just not worth the risk of having them thrown in the trash because it’s pretty expensive even with my insurance covering it.

-yes I will have all my medical records.

-Do you have any medical facilities that you would recommend?

2. How would/should I handle these random drug test I hear about? If I’m out at night and have to take a test of some sort it’s going to show up Amphetamine, drug tests don’t "specify" what type they just show a positive for Amphetamine.

4. Do any of you know anyone who has been dealing with this issue for ADD prescriptions in Thailand?

Thank you very much!

It's become harder for 'druggies' like yourself to obtain amphetamines in Thailand. You'll have to rely on the black market, methamphetamine hydrochloride, i.e. "Yaba". This will satisfy your desires, as I am sure you have read in your research already.

It's illegal here, as you know. You can't get this stuff in pharmacies anymore. Bring your supply with a doctor's note, to avoid getting on the wrong side of the law here, if you do really have a prescription.

I heard even in Wales word got around that "Dexedrine" is, plainly speaking, just "speed". :o

Edited by zzap

It's become harder for 'druggies' like yourself to obtain amphetamines in Thailand. You'll have to rely on the black market, methamphetamine hydrochloride, i.e. "Yaba". This will satisfy your desires, as I am sure you have read in your research already.

It's illegal here, as you know. You can't get this stuff in pharmacies anymore. Bring your supply with a doctor's note, to avoid getting on the wrong side of the law here, if you do really have a prescription.

I heard even in Wales word got around that "Dexedrine" is, plainly speaking, just "speed". :o

Ummm ###### YOU.

Ive never taken drugs, I dont even drink. Ive been taking Dexedrine slow release spansules for 5 years.

Some people are wired differnet you shit, I shold have know some asshat would reply like that. :D

dexedrene1.jpg

Yeah, and so is Caffiene, and Ive seen lots of creeps like yourself kicking the crap out of their wives because they get drunk.

Ignoring the dolt above, does anyone know if I can get my PRESCRIPTION filled in Thailand?

Edited by MilkPlus

Dexedrine is a 'drug', my friend, as you well know, you haven't started it yesterday, have you?

Google "Thailand" and "Amphetamine". :o

What did you ######ing expect, punk?

Bring your tabs with you, if you have a prescription, or go to a Thai hospital with a doctor's note.

Seriously, maybe I misjudged your intend, but you'll be better off bringing your supply, and having a doctor's note handy to explain your situation.

Expect to be held up at a police station, in case you'll be administered any test (unlikely, but possible). Tourist police speak and read English, so they'll be able to clear any "misunderstandings", though, still, be prepared for lengthy paperwork, if you attract attention.

Keep a copy of your passport, including arrival card, and medical record/history with you.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend before.

Yeah, and so is Caffiene, and Ive seen lots of creeps like yourself kicking the crap out of their wives because they get drunk.

Dexedrine is not Coffeine, neither do I "kick the crap out of my wive".

You seem to be pretty 'wired' already at this time... :D

LOL, if I didnt take it Id be wired.

In 5 years I went from Job hopping every 2 yrs to being able to build a custom home on a private lake. :o

katrinamybitch9ng.jpg

I said in my first post that I have my medical records, if I wanted drugs I would have looked them up on google. As a matter of fact I did google Dexedrine thailand and found nothing, and I also found nothing for ADD.

I would bring them with me but Im coming to Thailand and will be there at least 12 months so bringing them with me is not an option.

So let me ask again, are saying that the pharmacies do offer all the prescriptions that I can find in the states or not?

It is illegal to bring ANY medications beyond a one months prescribed supply.

Thank you, that settles that issue. I just called my physician and they dont allow more than a two month supply to be filled at one time in the states.

Do you think I will have any trouble getting my prescription filled in Thailand?

As Ive said I have all my medical records showing the prescription history.

Is there a medical center in Bangkok that you recomend?

I actually think Dexedrine is manufactured in Thailand, at least thats what my Doctor said.

Thank you, that settles that issue. I just called my physician and they dont allow more than a two month supply to be filled at one time in the states.

Do you think I will have any trouble getting my prescription filled in Thailand?

I actually think Dexedrine is manufactured in Thailand, at least thats what my Doctor said.

Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok. www.bumrungrad.com

Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok. www.bumrungrad.com

Thank you!

I just sent email with my info to link above, Ill post results when I get them.

Edited by MilkPlus

I'll be interested to know what you find out from Bumrungrad. We have a similar situation involving a high-abuse potential drug that MUST be taken to remain "normal." We will also have medical records showing the need, previous unsuccessful treatment, all that.

I'll be interested to know what you find out from Bumrungrad. We have a similar situation involving a high-abuse potential drug that MUST be taken to remain "normal." We will also have medical records showing the need, previous unsuccessful treatment, all that.

If you go to the site the Dr. provided they have a contact us link with space to add comments etc.

they also list individual physicians by specialty, the site is well done and easy to navigate.

Ill let you know what kind of response I get, but Im not expecting much. At least I now have a list of Dr.s to contact who I am sure will be more forthcoming if I send them my records.

My biggest concern is whats going to happen if I get pulled in by one of these randomn test Ive heard people talk about at bars or just walking down the street. I dont know maybe they only happen in certain areas, or certain times of night, but I wont know till I get there I guess.

Ill have excellent legal representation when I get there but its still a hassle I want to avoid if possible. :o

"My biggest concern is whats going to happen if I get pulled in by one of these randomn test Ive heard people talk about at bars or just walking down the street."

As I said, it's possible but very unlikely, this doesn't happen as often as news report might make believe, usually late at night at selected entertainment venues. Having a prescription, specially from a hospital such as mentioned, in Thai, should clear this up. The only problem you might have will be wasting a lot of time over it.

MilkPlus

As an aside, you should be aware that the exact location of your house is easily determined by the longitude and latitude there at the bottom of the Google Earth image that you attached to your post. I'm not sure that you intended to include that much information? If not, perhaps you could ask a Moderator to remove that image by editing your post?

MilkPlus

As an aside, you should be aware that the exact location of your house is easily determined by the longitude and latitude there at the bottom of the Google Earth image that you attached to your post. I'm not sure that you intended to include that much information? If not, perhaps you could ask a Moderator to remove that image by editing your post?

Im not too worried about anyone on this forum coming to get me, but thanks for the thought.

Besides, my neighbors wife to the right of me is really paranoid so there is pretty good security 24/7.

Why keep posting pictures of where your house is? and how rich you are.

If you were god and could read "edited" post you would understand.

I dont "keep" posting it, I posted it here in response to a post and the fact that I happened to be working on GoogleEarth at the same time.

Why dont you Google your spot, I actually think its kind of interesting to see where people live, not for shame or fame, but because its fun.

Why dont you ask this, how come everytime somone on this forum says something dare I say "capitialistic" you chaps run and jump on the "you must be a bitter old man who raped the poor, and never had any pleasure in life except for your material goods" train.

Dont worry, Im 40 and I have a very wide spectrum of associates, Ive seen it all from the hippsters to the platinum spooners, its always the same story.

I havent said any of those things, its just that the two threads I've seen you in you have posted the picture of your house.

I'm as capitalistic as the next person, However my experience has led me to believe that wealthy people dont generally boast about particulars of their wealth, unless its new-found or out of the ordinary.

I dont really care one way or another if you are mega-wealthy, but I'd rather not have my bandwidth eaten up by the same non-descript picture on each page I visit, and, lets face it - anyone can zoom in on a house and post a picture of it online.

I'm as capitalistic as the next person, However my experience has led me to believe that wealthy people dont generally boast about particulars of their wealth, unless its new-found or out of the ordinary.

:D:D

I dont really care one way or another if you are mega-wealthy, but I'd rather not have my bandwidth eaten up by the same non-descript picture on each page I visit, and, lets face it - anyone can zoom in on a house and post a picture of it online.

Lol, well certainly do seem concerned for not caring one way or an other.

louisianafront5wz.jpg

and yes you're right, anyone can zoom in on some non-descript picture, :o:D

here, a link to the back while it was still under construction.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6350/br...building3ef.jpg

Dont want to suck up that bandwidth of yours. :D

is it similar to concertin (the 10 hr slow release?).?... why dont u ask your doctor for the name of a doctor (neurophsychologist or whomeever) in thailand that can prescribe for u??? when i took my kid's ritilin iwth me i brought a copy of her med. records (to the states) just in case.... but went to buy tylenol sinus and found that only one month supply can be bought due to drug abuse?!! (sudafed of all things for allergies/headache)...

actually a good question ... i travelled with a hypodermic in my carry on for measureing ventolin to an inhalor, also w/med. papers... was always waiting ot be pulled over to the side, in the end got pulled over for her turboinhalor they never saw that before.... travelling with meds in general seems to be very problematic ... dont assume that lpeople know that ADD is attention deficit... some countries dont recognize/have neuropsychological disorders as common ordinary things like in the states... i tried explaining my kids's syndromes (adhd, dyslexia etc) and got mostly blank looks so....

is it similar to concertin (the 10 hr slow release?).?... why dont u ask your doctor for the name of a doctor (neurophsychologist or whomeever) in thailand that can prescribe for u??? when i took my kid's ritilin iwth me i brought a copy of her med. records (to the states) just in case.... but went to buy tylenol sinus and found that only one month supply can be bought due to drug abuse?!! (sudafed of all things for allergies/headache)...

actually a good question ... i travelled with a hypodermic in my carry on for measureing ventolin to an inhalor, also w/med. papers... was always waiting ot be pulled over to the side, in the end got pulled over for her turboinhalor they never saw that before.... travelling with meds in general seems to be very problematic ... dont assume that lpeople know that ADD is attention deficit... some countries dont recognize/have neuropsychological disorders as common ordinary things like in the states... i tried explaining my kids's syndromes (adhd, dyslexia etc) and got mostly blank looks so....

The link that the good Dr. Pong provided earlier in thread seems to be a good medical center if you need one for bangkok.

I did ask my Dr. here, but I knew it would be a long shot that he would know anyone in Thailand. I actually put out some inquiries at the University to see if there were any Thai Dr or interns at the Hospital there. Its one of the better med schools in the nation so I might get lucky. Might be a good resource for you too if you're doing lots of travelling and have concerns you cannot find answers for.

:o

I don't think either Dexedrine or Adderall are available in Thailand, with or without scrip, but I could be wrong. An ADD-afflicted friend visiting from the US last year tried to fill his Adderall prescription at a couple of hospitals in Chiang Mai and was told they didn't carry either medicine.

.... but went to buy tylenol sinus and found that only one month supply can be bought due to drug abuse?!! (sudafed of all things for allergies/headache)...

Sudafed is pseudoephedrine, and is the main ingredient used in meth labs to make methedrine (crystal meth) illegally. Many states are severely limiting the amount of pseudoephedrine you can buy at one time, putting it behind the counter instead of on the aisle, and even requiring a signature to buy it. Illegal meth labs are a huge problem in the midwest, particularly in poorer rural areas. Since the other main ingredient is fertilizer (anhydrous ammonia) rural labs make sense. But they hit pharmacies in the towns and cities to buy the pseudoephedrine.

So now you know why you had trouble buying it. These new laws are viewed favorably by most people, even though they are inconvenient, because the effects of large numbers of speed addicts in the community aren't pretty.

thanx cathy,

i ahdnt been to the states in years, so had a shopping list for people and tylenol sinus was one (we havfe similar in israel, its like tiffy that u have in thailand but for some reason the tylenol brand was more effective so...),

well, know i know

im surprised then that those tiffy allergy (the thai allergy pills that i see the guys have) are not being withdrawn thinking of drug producers etc in thailand would be using them also, ?

i ahdnt been to the states in years, so had a shopping list for people and tylenol sinus was one

im surprised then that those tiffy allergy (the thai allergy pills that i see the guys have) are not being withdrawn thinking of drug producers etc in thailand would be using them also, ?

I understand the shopping list. I have my own list for when I arrive in 5 months. :o

As far as the illegal speed in Thailand, I know nothing. Is the stuff in pills or a powder? The method used by the meth labs in the US gives a powdered end-product, i.e. crystal meth, methedrine crystals. No need to crack down on pseudoephedrine in Thailand if it isn't being used that way.

.... but went to buy tylenol sinus and found that only one month supply can be bought due to drug abuse?!! (sudafed of all things for allergies/headache)...

Sudafed is pseudoephedrine, and is the main ingredient used in meth labs to make methedrine (crystal meth) illegally. Many states are severely limiting the amount of pseudoephedrine you can buy at one time, putting it behind the counter instead of on the aisle, and even requiring a signature to buy it. Illegal meth labs are a huge problem in the midwest, particularly in poorer rural areas. Since the other main ingredient is fertilizer (anhydrous ammonia) rural labs make sense. But they hit pharmacies in the towns and cities to buy the pseudoephedrine.

So now you know why you had trouble buying it. These new laws are viewed favorably by most people, even though they are inconvenient, because the effects of large numbers of speed addicts in the community aren't pretty.

You're right about it being more difficult in the States to purchase allergy meds like Tylenol Sinus. I have to show my driver licence, and have the info written on a list at the pharmacies. Inconvenient, but not a problem as far as I'm concerned. I believe the State of Oregon will soon no longer allow such products to be sold through pharmacies without a Drs prescription. I believe there is a Tylenol Sinus available that doesn't contain pseudoephedrine although not quite as effective for more serious allergy sufferers.

My biggest concern is whats going to happen if I get pulled in by one of these randomn test Ive heard people talk about at bars or just walking down the street.  I dont know maybe they only happen in certain areas, or certain times of night, but I wont know till I get there I guess.

Ill have excellent legal representation when I get there but its still a hassle I want to avoid if possible. :o

Is there any reason why you'd need to carry a prescription with you while you're out and about? Do you need to take the meds that frequently? Just thinking if you don't need to carry it with you at all times, less reason for any hassle, even if it's just an inconvenience.

I would suspect that a physician at Bum. Hosp. specializing in your particular need would be able to write out something for you to carry if you need to prove legitmate use. They're pretty good with answering your questions via email as well.

Edited by AmeriThai