Apply For Retirement Extension

I'm wanting to get a Retirement Extension from a Non-Immigrant B Visa through having 800k deposited for over 60 days.

The day before my UK Non-Immigrant B Visa expired (mid December) I did a border hop and got a 3 month Non-B entry stamp.

Am I right in assuming that I am still ok to apply for the retirement extension even though the original UK Non B Visa has expired?

Thank you.

It is your permitted to stay that is extended so visa being expired is not a factor.

Fascinating. I had always assumed that it was a 'visa extension' not a 'permitted to stay extension'

I have a similar situation in that my Non-Imm 'O' expires 11th May. I know I shall return from a Cambodian trip around 8th May and receive another 90 days.

I had (wrongly) assumed that if I choose to do a retirement extension I would need to do it before 11th May. This suggests that I will actually have until, say, 8th August to arrange the extension.

However, I presume that I am then restricted to staying in the Kingdom (between 11th May and 8th August - or whatever date I apply for the extension) as I have no entry visa ?

You can still obtain and use a re-entry permit for travel and return before expiration date of permitted to stay.

Sorry to labour the point but, in my case, will I be able to get a re-entry on my permitted to stay where the permitted to stay date is based off a Non-Imm 'O' visa ?

Yes. It has nothing to do with the visa - it just keeps your current permitted to stay alive.

I am holder of an extension of stay with the word retirement stampet in caps above the extension stamp. Getting a reentry permit is yhou have the extension merely allow to to come and go as you please. If you are still on you OA Visa the reentry permit does actually "keep you mermitted stay alive. Hence and OA Visa can allow you to stay longer thatg the first year term of the visa with the appropriate reentry permit. Just before you OA expires make a trip out of the kingdom getting you stamp back in date for the 1 year and then get a reentry permit. Now, when the reentry permit gettting near youjr expiry date is when you go to Imm and do the applicatiopn of exetnsion of stay and then get a new reentry permit right aftger that on the same trip to Immi.

Its all easy. Here's a tip. In addition to the extension of stay app and the required things make sure you have copies of youjr ATM card, and all the little stamps from you varioujs hollidays outside the kingdom. I very nice people at Saphan Hin in Phuket said they need to see that you doing OK and having a good time and NOT working! Make sure you have copies of oyu passport, old visa or extenision of stay, old reentry permit etc. Make suer you have the current forms and wear a nice shirt with a collar etc.

It is a Royal Thai Immigration Police offit and you should appear respectful!

It has always been a breeze and the guys are my office are great.

The open at 0830 but the door is open earlier and you can get started. I'm in agreement with Lopburi's comments but making a broader answer.