Would You Feel Comfortable With....

Semper

The OP is missing the point on the 'Hands Holding' thing.

Its almost certainly the Thai hired g/f that instigates this as a means of ensuring her pay cheque doesn't wander off - either deliberately or as the result of a 'senior moment'.

If things progress well (sufficient and frequent funds are forthcoming) she might move to stage two and clinch the deal by dropping a sprog.

The old guy might or might not have a part to play in this, what matters is that he must believe he did.

• Like 1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A neighbor friend that is my age tries to hook me up with her 18 year old daughter.

How can any man not love this place?

What I always find amusing on these types of threads are all the guys sounding like lil' ol' ladies..... oh it's deeeeskusssting, they are borderline pedos etc., ...then the ones that brag about having 50yo old wives, followed by the ones so proud to be shocked and repulsed by being "offered" young ladies..... Why care? Low testosterone maybe?

Sometimes when Thais have met us for the first time, (not all) they automatically assume that the wife is my mother in law. Not because my wife looks older than me, but for the reason that they assume most middle-aged or elderly farangs living in Thailand all marry Thai women that are much younger. Even a few of our neighbors that know us quite well, believe that I must have a younger girl hidden away somewhere, a minor wife, which I don`t.

Most Thais assume no man would be seen out with a 50+ YO woman, unless it was his mother.

Nothing to do with foreigners, more to do with the Thai culture of 'mistresses'

(or maybe Thai culture where marriage is a financial arrangement and not love)

Our maiphedmaiaroi quoted that; I have seen over 1 milion old western guys with young girls. many border line ped...........s* and I agree with him. Appearance wise it`s obscene. I believe that in Cambodia it is now against the law for farangs 50 and over to marry a Cambodian citizen in Cambodia after complaints for these very same reasons.

As far as I know, there is no law to stop a 70YO foreigner walking along holding hands with an 18YO Cambodian girl.

Edited by ludditeman

I think it's one thing when these guys (whatever orientation) keep the nightlife in the nightlife. It's quite another when they go wandering around 'normal' areas and don't expect to get a bit of staring. They're unusual and the unusual attracts attention.

The best freak show in Thailand is free of charge. Just park yourself in bar along Walking Street around midnight and watch the sea of humanity waddle past. It's as if the bowels of hell opened up and belched. Simply priceless.

When I'm 70, I think I would still be interested in younger women.

I think a lot of people are just jealous. They see themselves with their flabby, older wives and they don't want others to enjoy anything else.

Honestly, IMHO, if a guy works for so long and is in their twilIght years with one leg already in their grave, let them do what they want. If their time were to come in bed with a young lass on top of him and a smile on his face, all the much better.

Let's assume that you are a 70 +/- 5 year old male person who come to stay in Thailand for a longer holiday (3-4 months). Have a rent-a-friend that's 40 years younger (nothing wrong with that if "short-time") But some of these guys keep this "friend" for their whole holiday. Meaning they are going out together (holding hands) visiting restaurants, shopping malls etc. Don't they feel embarrased or is it just the old age that's kicking in. What do you guys think?

Edited by Mirth
  • Like 1

My mental health is always better when I don't try to figure out what others are thinking upon seeing me. One thought that may well be prevalent among many Thais, when seeing an old falang fart with a younger companion is "good for them" as the Thai is doing well and working hard to earn benefits for them and their family.

This kind of topic is ripe for generalising, so here I go:

These old boys either

A) Believe they are in a genuine, meaningful relationship and the girl really, really lubs them.

or

B) The couldn't give a flying toss because nobody back home will see what they are up to

Not all Thais look down on it.

A while ago my housekeeper suggested I meet her friends 17 year old daughter.

I was a bit surprised & told her someone my own age would be just fine.

My housekeeper said I would "look stupid walking around with a girl my own age."

She asked, "why would you want an old one when there are so many young beautiful girls available?"

• Like 1

Not all Thais look down on it.

A while ago my housekeeper suggested I meet her friends 17 year old daughter.

I was a bit surprised & told her someone my own age would be just fine.

My housekeeper said I would "look stupid walking around with a girl my own age."

She asked, "why would you want an old one when there are so many young beautiful girls available?"

The young ones are throwing themselves at you.. Or are being thrown!

In my case, one of the ONLY good things about getting old is that I no longer care what people think about me or my appearance.

As far as seeing old men with young women, I always smile and hope they know what they are doing. If it's just fun, that's OK. If it is serious, that's a cause for concern.

• Like 1

+1 (+ I resemble your comment) wink.png

Good on you ;)

I figure anyone who has made 70-75 should do as they dam_n well please

as long as everyone involved is in agreement/consenting what is the problem eh?

Who cares what some sierra clubber is thinking as they watch :lol:

I have farang friends who's wives are 30/35 years younger, one couple have a 7 year old kid. My local ma & pa shop, both Thais, she is about 35 and he must be 70, he is a retired teacher and speaks good English, so it doesn't always have to be an older farang guy, ladies future financial security is the key, or even just getting a house.

So l have nooooo problem as long as their ladies don't try and chat me up, which has happened. giggle.gif

When my wife was 18, working as a waitress in a BK restaurant, a much older Thai man wanted to marry her (55+).

He offered a house and a car in her name, to keep after divorce, along with anything esle he gave her.

She said the worst decision she ever made in her life was turning the guy down.

so you started this thread as you plan to grow a white beard, get a big gut, buy a chang singlet and a pair of shorts that should really be sported in the gymnasium only....then go get yourself a 35kg tirak to hold hands with and you're wasting time replying to me

...and this is exactly the reply I was expecting from you. BTW. time is all I have. cool.png

time, a chang beer vest, a fat gut and a pair of skimpy shorts...what was your point in starting this thread?

Yeah, I suppose these older guys should spend every waking hour indoors in front of a computer judging others on an anonymous internet forum, instead they're out running around with young women having a good time.

How stupid they are.....

Exactly. They're old enough to realise what they're doing and what its all about.

Yes, others find it embarrassing - but that's not their problem. As long as they're happy and don't make the mistake of thinking others are envious, rather than just embarrassed.

Long story shortened, first came to Thailand when I was 50 for 4 weeks at a time and 3 weeks or so over Xmas/new-year, I was very comfortable thanks loved every minute of the lovely young girl hanging on my arm.

Why? I can understand that you enjoyed personal gratification with a far younger woman - but why did you 'love' her "hanging on my arm"? (edit - in public).

Edited by F1fanatic

Long story shortened, first came to Thailand when I was 50 for 4 weeks at a time and 3 weeks or so over Xmas/new-year, I was very comfortable thanks loved every minute of the lovely young girl hanging on my arm.

Why? I can understand that you enjoyed personal gratification with a far younger woman - but why did you 'love' her "hanging on my arm"?

When I buy a new car, new house or a new gadget, I show it off to all my friends.

You ever show your friends a handbag or pair of shoes you just purchased?

Why should buying a new date be different?

Why? I can understand that you enjoyed personal gratification with a far younger woman - but why did you 'love' her "hanging on my arm"? (edit - in public).

BECAUSE, when a previous life was perhaps shit or a loved one's life was lost he/me must turn a corner to live out ones life. You only have one, unless your a M............ coffee1.gif

so you started this thread as you plan to grow a white beard, get a big gut, buy a chang singlet and a pair of shorts that should really be sported in the gymnasium only....then go get yourself a 35kg tirak to hold hands with and you're wasting time replying to me

...and this is exactly the reply I was expecting from you. BTW. time is all I have. cool.png

time, a chang beer vest, a fat gut and a pair of skimpy shorts...what was your point in starting this thread?

To get the attention from you and other members to give their opinon on the subject. I knew this thread was over your head so why do you bother posting a reply? unsure.png

Edited by Semper