What To Do On Ko Phangan For 1 Daytrip?

Hi all,

Sorry about bothering you guys again but as I'll be staying for 5 nights in Samui,need to prepare ahead our trip.

I'd like to know about the must-does and sees for a daytrip on Ko Phangan.I'll get there from Samui.I was told that biking on the west coast is more beautiful.How good is the road for biking?Any nice beach to recommend?Is there any moped rental agencies near the ferry pier?(I'll come from the Big Bouddha).

Thanks a lot guys.

If you are coming from Big Buddha I wouldn't recommend taking the boat that goes to Hadrin (it leaves 4 times a day) unless you are quite good, the road is pretty steep in places and can be difficult to drive. There are places to rent motorbikes all over the island, avg 150-200 baht a day.

Phaeng Waterfall is about 7k out from Thong Sala and has a beautiful natural forest setting, (and with this much rain) very dramatic waterfall and a viewpoint where you can see half the island. My recommendation to most people is to start from Thong Sala, drive up the Chaloklum road to Phaeng Waterfall then on to Chaloklum (fishing village in the north) along that coast to Mae Haad and Koh Maa (a little island off the coast, easily reachable, very good snorkelling) then down the west coast, stopping where ever you like to reach Thong Sala again.