Vios Service...

JohnLee

Can anyone recommend a reliable maintenance garage, preferably south of the river, who can service my recently bought 5 year old Vios and not blow a hole in my wallet? What about the service centers in the petrol stations, Shell, Caltex etc, any good?

Cheers

JL

Proserve at Shell seem to do a good job. Assuming you're talking about a standard x,000km service - oil change, check brakes etc... I used the one just south of Mae Taeng. Good carwash there too for B170...

Proserve at Shell seem to do a good job. Assuming you're talking about a standard x,000km service - oil change, check brakes etc... I used the one just south of Mae Taeng. Good carwash there too for B170...

Thanks bobl, yes it's for a regular service like what you say, there's one close to me, think I'll pop in and give them a go, being there for a car wash before, they seem quite efficient and well organised.

Cheers

JL

I do all the regular stuff at gas stations, like changing oils and other liquids and filters. And every 50K I pop into a dealer garage for a big service.

(Maybe for a Vios / petrol engine you'd want to do that a little more often, like what the book says + 20% more time if you don't drive it hard.)

Other things (brake pads, battery, light bulbs) I change when needed at tire shops or other service shops.

I like the Esso station the Hang Dong road, before you get to Tesco. Not sure if that is 'South' of the river though, seeing the thing flows North to South. smile.png

I also like the service shop at Makro at the Sankypeng Rd interesection.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I would suggest that when you look at a potential shop, you consider what you want done vs what their capability is in the way of the correct tools for that job on that make and model and year of car. Many shops can repair any car (after a fashion), but they will have no qualms about using the same tools and home made parts on a 40 year old Holden as they will use on your car.

Most tools haven't changed, but occasionally with engine ailments it makes sense to go to a dealer and hook the computer and engine managment buts up to their systems. Usually a mechanic would just say so; they did in my case at that Esso service station, where they advised to take it across the road, hook it up to the dealer's laptop and be sure what's going on in there.