Anyone Else Having Problems With Iplayer?

happydays

I've been downloading programmes from the BBC iPlayer website for some time now using a VPN service called MY Private Network. For a couple of days now when I try to download something I get the message "Please wait while we acquire information for your download" along with a spinning wheel and nothing else happens. I am able to stream programmes on my PC so the iPlayer web site definitely thinks I am in the UK. I contacted the VPN service but their suggestions haven't resolved the issue.

I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?

Cheers

• Like 1

I have the same VPN set up as you.

The last programme I downloaded was on 3, Feb, but when I tried to download something today I had the same problem as you. I have tried several times and something is definitely wrong.

I haven't yet watched the programme I down loaded on 3 Feb so I just tried to download the licence and it downloaded fine, so that's encouraging.

So I am assuming it is an issue with the iPlayer, but who knows? The BBC radio player works fine.

Keep in touch with any updates...

This is a problem on the BBC website.If you look on iPlayer help at the bottom of the page and then at programme issues you will read that the BBC are aware of the problem and are working on it.They say that in the meantime iplayer desktop downloads are ok and can be used.I find that these downloads are very slow and that there is a difficulty with sideloading decause of DRM.I hope the problem will be resolved soon