Thai Man Mauled To Death By Four Pitbull Terriers

webfact

Man mauled to death by four pitbulls

pit_bull_terrier.jpg

Pit Bull Terrier. -- Stock photo

CHACHOENGSAO: -- A man was found dead Friday morning with serious wounds apparently inflicted by dogs, police said.

Police said Khamchan Kalawong, 47, was apparently mauled by four pitbull terriers of his neighbour Thursday night. He was apparently walking home in Khaowong village in Tambon Tha Takiab of Tha Takiab district when he was attacked.

The owner of the dogs found the body late morning Friday and informed police at 11:30 am.

The man had over 20 serious wounds all over his body. His body was sent to the Tha Takiab District Hospital for an autopsy.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-10

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That what happens when you're actually dumber then the dog you would like to pet. I hope this is not going to turn into a pitbull hate thread. It's not their fault their master is dumber than a drunken chicken.

Just as I thought, haters already jumping in...bet you the only animals you can put up with are your wife's or gf's stupid cats

Well, trying to love a killer is a bit of a challenge, ya gotta admit.

• Like 2

That what happens when you're actually dumber then the dog you would like to pet. I hope this is not going to turn into a pitbull hate thread. It's not their fault their master is dumber than a drunken chicken.

Just as I thought, haters already jumping in...bet you the only animals you can put up with are your wife's or gf's stupid cats

alexth

Unless you know pitbulls that are so well trained that they can sit and browse through the forums of Thai Visa, it is totally irrelevant if this turns into a Pitbull hate thread is it. After all the poor little darlings are unlikely to take offence as to what is being written. As for any Pitbull owners out there, well with a man just having been ripped apart by four of these creatures, perhaps they out to listen to how the general public perceive these dogs, learn how to be a good owner or be satisfied that they are a good owner, and keep their mouths closed unless it is to offer condolences to the dead mans family.

• Like 2

I think I would trust a lion or jaguar (cat) before I would one of these monsters.

I think I would trust a lion or jaguar (cat) before I would one of these monsters.

Likewise.

I've owned dogs for most of my life and I would give one of these house room.

I do agree that in general pit-bulls were bread as fighting dogs years ago and are dangerous in the wrong hands (one who lets them run free outside of their property) however I still believe that it can be bread OUT of them with the proper owners and responsibilities.

Guns are safe when kept in a locked environment as are pit-bulls.

I'm not defending pitbulls, just animals in general. They all have a right to live.

In this case the owner failed to keep his guns locked up there for he is liable.

Edited by Gone
  • Like 2

While pit bulls are as dangerous as they are ugly, this pales in comparison to angering their owners which can even bring one of the biggest fast food companies down on its knees, at least in "God's Own Country".

LOS ANGELES -- McDonald's has apologized and pulled an ad that came back to bite it.

The ad said eating a Chicken McBite was less risky than petting a stray pit bull, shaving your head, naming your son Sue or giving friends your Facebook password. It enraged pit bull owners and their supporters.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/07/mcdonalds-pit-bull-ad_n_1259588.html

You might even be ordered to:

"promote positive pit bull imagery." (Rachele Lizarraga, social media coordinator for Chako Pit Bull Rescue)

Killing machines that's all they are. Thank god they are banned in Australia. It took a few years and numerous attacks and deaths but they were eventually banned. Pitbull X's are just as bad and are on the dangerous animals list in Australia. If people here insist on keeping these monsters they should be muzzled 24/7 and caged.

Same in Denmark. Banned together with 13 other dangerous dogs. All countries should take similar stand and make a new law.

• Like 2

I do agree that in general pit-bulls were bread as fighting dogs years ago and are dangerous in the wrong hands (one who lets them run free outside of their property) however I still believe that it can be bread OUT of them with the proper owners and responsibilities.

Guns are safe when kept in a locked environment as are pit-bulls.

I'm not defending pitbulls, just animals in general. They all have a right to live.

In this case the owner failed to keep his guns locked up there for he is liable.

Pitbulls have been bred for aggression and savagery and to fight on in spite of pain; their purpose is for the "sport" of dogfighting. Having 4 of these animals seems to me to indicate that they were not family pets.

They are a result of the human fixation with genetic manipulation of other species; this may be very well in species like sheep, horses, cattle etc where the primary aim has been to domesticate but these are unrecognisable descendants of the wolf, with few of the virtues that normal canines have.

I do not believe that all pitbulls should be euthanised because some are child-friendly pets but all should be neutered so the breed dies out. The same could also be said about other dog breeds who were bred to attack humans and have the physique and power to be a lethal threat to a full-grown man.

And before the pc brigade get on my case with the "there are no bad dogs only bad owners" nonsense, we can rid ourselves of dangerous dogs but not stupid people.

Incidentally I have a very affectionate, friendly and innocuous dog who lives in complete harmony with his companion cats

• Like 2

Why were the dogs on the loose in the first place?

Ah, I get it! TIT.

A neighbor of mine walks around with a pocketful of Kibbles and Bits every day at around 7 PM and feeds the many soi dogs he comes across. I have walked with him several times and some of the dogs are obviously in poor health and some with open blisters. I asked him several times what was the purpose of feeding a sick animal and not treating the lesions. Also, doesn't he mind the excrement all over the sidewalks and pathways? His answer is that he is making merit. The hell with the rest of reality: all that matters to them is to make merit.

I recall a moment with a monk I could not understand it then because it was one month after I had arrived in Thailand. I was checking out sunglasses on a sidewalk stand and there comes a monk and starts doing the same. He asked the vendor what was the price. 100 Baths, he answered. The monk turns to me and says in good English: "buy them for me!" Why would I want to do that? To make merit, he replied. I chuckled and pretending he was not there. The monk addressed the vendor and this gave the monk the sunglasses for free. He made merit and he will go to heaven. TI D T. I leave to your imagination what the D stands for.

If the world organizations would ban idiocracy, the world, including this forum, would be a very, very, very quite place. Just had enough of people who watch the news and suddenly they're just sooooooooooooooo knowledgeable...pure ignorance

• Like 2

If the world organizations would ban idiocracy, the world, including this forum, would be a very, very, very quite place. Just had enough of people who watch the news and suddenly they're just sooooooooooooooo knowledgeable...pure ignorance

Your post isn't helpful, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

So it seems that even you find no reasonable argument why the breeding of these offsprings of human idiocy (your words) should not be banned.

In my opinion anyone who "needs" this kind of four-legged killers should seek and obtain immediate psychiatric counselling.

Pitbulls are morons (I just couldn't resist) On a more serious note my sympathies go out to this persons family and friends. What a horrific way to die? I have owned these types of dogs as well as others. If one raises a dog from a pup and if that dog has negative destructive or dangerous behavior one just needs to look at the owners for the way their dogs behave. No matter what breed of dog the responsibility of the dogs behavior is connected in some way to the owners and environment.

Edited by MILT
  • Like 2

Less than 2 decades ago, Thailand had no notice of these dogs. News spread of their danger, so some smart ass imported them. Just to be different. No knowledge whatsoever of the consequences. Well, if they want to raise these animals, they have to also adopt the law that owners should be held responsible. Just like owning a gun.

• Like 1

Your post isn't helpful, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

So it seems that even you find no reasonable argument why the breeding of these offsprings of human idiocy (your words) should not be banned.

In my opinion anyone who "needs" this kind of four-legged killers should seek and obtain immediate psychiatric counselling.

Maybe or maybe not. Have you checked in with your shrink yet? coffee1.gif

• Like 1