Type O Expiring

A re-entry permit only keeps your current permitted to stay date alive so if that is less than 30 days after your planned return it would not make sense; unless you intend to extend your stay and a non immigrant visa entry is required.

A re-entry permit only keeps your current permitted to stay date alive so if that is less than 30 days after your planned return it would not make sense; unless you intend to extend your stay and a non immigrant visa entry is required.

i plan on getting a new type O, it will expire mid april so i was planning on going to immigration in march within my 30 day window of the on arrival stamp. i am concerned that the process will take longer than my entry stamp. will they extend it as usaual with a visa underconsideration or in process note?

A re-entry permit is only for travel - it does not extend anything. After immigration gets your application for extension of stay they provide a new reporting date stamp 30 days (or even more) later for you to return and obtain the final extension of stay stamp. That covers your stay during that time frame.

A re-entry permit is only for travel - it does not extend anything. After immigration gets your application for extension of stay they provide a new reporting date stamp 30 days (or even more) later for you to return and obtain the final extension of stay stamp. That covers your stay during that time frame.

perfect thanks BTW there is no problem with applying early is there?

You should apply several weeks early as that gives you time to obtain any new requirements/papers. Normal accepted application is from 30 days early until last day. You lose nothing by doing early as the start date will remain the same.

Does an Non-Imm 'O' extension (if granted of course) actually take 30 days to be approved in practice? The reason I ask is I am usually 'on-call' for short notice travel outside Thailand and would need to know in advance if my passport is going to be inaccessible for 30 days or more.

I thank you in advance for any reply.

Only an extension of stay based on mariage, would have a 30 day period of approval, sometimes even longer.

You would keep your passport and normally can travel, with a re-entry permit. But you must be in Thailand on the day you are suppost to collect the final approval of the 1 year extension. If not, you willl need to get a new visa from abroad.

Only an extension of stay based on mariage, would have a 30 day period of approval, sometimes even longer.

You would keep your passport and normally can travel, with a re-entry permit. But you must be in Thailand on the day you are suppost to collect the final approval of the 1 year extension. If not, you willl need to get a new visa from abroad.

Thank you Mario, very helpful advice. How long does approval normally take?

They give you a date, 30 days later to return and you are advised to return on that date.

You can aaways call them a few days in advance to check if the apporval has been given yet. But expect it to be 30 days and hope it doesn't take longer.

Very appropriate info and thank you Mario.