Marriage Visa From Thai Consulate In Savannakhet

Yes unless you obtain a re-entry permit and return using that (which provides the same permitted to stay date as your extension of stay). But a suggestion is do the extension of stay after your return if you currently have a valid multi entry visa you can use now and for trip.

great report op, glad to hear you did it the old school way. but then again, that may be the beauty of these consulate - there really is no other way!

mark my words, this place will be full of problems and hassles as soon as the visa services folks from either / both sides of the border show up.

I will be needing this type of visa soon, can I ask a few questions...

I have been married to a Thai for 2 yrs now, first child due August 2012

I am 45 yrs old.

All this talk about going to Loas for visa? do you need to apply from outside Thailand?

Is there a differant visa for wife only, or child only, or wife and child?

I don't intend to live full time in Thailand for around 4 years, any problems with me applying for this type of visa now?

any info welcome

The visa is a non immigrant O (other reasons) type visa and can only be obtained outside Thailand if you want a multi entry. Most people who live in Thailand full time obtain one year extensions of stay from immigration inside Thailand but that requires paperwork including proof of 400k in your bank account 2 months or 40k per month income as well as a 30 day waiting period for issue so not good for those that travel often.

I am planning on visiting my Thai Wife next month, and would like to get a type o visa..will I be able to do with only a 30 day visa issued on arrival..?

Upon futher reading I have found answer...to optain a type O it has to be obtained outside of Thailand..whether its USA or Laos, or some other country....So I obtain this Type O and then depoist required funds to season for 60 days before obtaining Marriage Visa...And I correct with this statement,

Any clairacation would be appreicated..

Edited by bbox

You apply for a non-O visa and get 90 days on entry into Thailand. After 60 days, when you have seasoned the money, you visit imigration for a 1 year extension of stay based on your marriage. (You will need to take your wife and a lot of paperwork also). You will then get an additional 30 days, and come back after 30 days to get the rest of the 1 year. (The application must first be approved by a comite).

If you only want a visa, (90 days entry) no seasoning of money is required. The seasoning of money is only for an extension of stay from immigration.

Applying for 12 month extension at Immigration.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Registry entry.

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

You can actually obtain the non immigrant visa in Thailand if you have the funds in an account and 15 days remaining on a visa exempt entry. But getting on the plane could be an issue without a visa or onward ticket so best to obtain the visa first, if you have time (next month could be tomorrow).

This assumes you actually want to extend one year for marriage/plan to live here at least most of the time.

• 3 months later...

Hey gbob you are without a doubt the MAN. I am currently sitting on a bus waiting to go back to Bangkok from Mukdahan. I just came from Suvannakhet today and managed to obtain a one year multiple entry Non O visa. This is my first time going to Suvannakhet and I can't tell you how many times I read your piece. I followed it word by word and everything workout smoothly. The only sad part was that I got on the 8:30am bus to go to Suvannakhet from Mukdahan bus station, so I was in a bit of a panic state. But fortunately I managed to get to the embassy before 11. The documents I had was my original marriage certificate with one copy, My wife's ID and passport copies, a copy of the house registration book, a copy of my passport. That's all I handed in and the only question the guy at the embassy asked was "do you want a single entry or multiple entry?" I said multiple and paid the 5 000 baht. It was soooooooooo easy.

Thanks again gbob. Really appreciate it

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone successfully obtained a One Year Multiple Entry 'O' for support of a Thai child here? For various reasons I don't want to get an extension in Thailand - a multiple entry will suit me just fine and I can meet all of the requirements.

Grateful for any information.