A Way To Get To Nakhon Pathom After 9Pm From Bangkok

Brightonman

Does anyone know if there is a later bus or any way of getting to Nakhon Pathom from Bangkok in the evening. I have been told the vans stop around 9pm.

I work in NP but like to visit Bangkok but have to use a hotel then catch the early morning minibus from Central Pinklao.

This is expensive and tiring so if anyone does know a better way do let me know

G

first of all I hope you only mean NP CITY?=muang.

2.There are SEVERAL different van lines now . They may have different timings. Also-it needs no big brains to realise that other vans to Kan-buri -Suphan etc. also pass by NP-maybe you pay a little more, but lots less as a HTL The touted last van to Suphan-from this=cityside of ChaoPraya-across from KhaoSarn, is @ 22.00 and cost 100/110 THB all the way

3.indeed there is that train-but there is a 200 bt supplmt as its a diesel special express-mainly aimed at going far south. is that it worth to you?

4. the BIG blue bus STILL leaves from beside the now OLD (actually intermediate) Sai Thai-a little beyond the Central and the last run TO NP is about 22.30, from NP @21.00. You did not take the tiny trouble to tell as to where you start from in BKK. Also: due to metro construction work=mainly at night, the crossing at PATA etc is severely cramped now and it may take very long time to go across there-in the eve and night. Just to warn you.

5.finally; BMTA citybuses run 24 hrs as far as Mahidol or OmNoy/Yai, both halfway to NP-a taxi from there would not cost muxch more as a night in a normal BKK HTL.

• 3 weeks later...