Buy A Condo In Bangkok

Hello everyone,

maybe someone can help me with some information. I intend to buy a condo in bangkok. that means i would have to transfer all the money from my country. would i still have to go through high exchange rate? could the purchase be in foreign exchange so i could save the enormous exchange rates to TB?

I would appreciate any kind of info regarding the above.

What enormous exchange rates are you talking about?

If it's a new build the developer will want paying in Baht as that's the currency he will be paying the builders in. If it's a purchase of a previously owned condo then you need to show Baht entering the country in order to register the condo in your name. You get a FETF from your bank to prove this once the funds are received.

You just instruct your bank to transfer your funds in your home currency and it will be automatically converted to Baht on deposit into a Thai Baht denominated bank account this end.

Best to send it to your own Thai bank account first and then transfer to the developer / seller.

If the seller wants the funds paid outside Thailand in foreign currency then you will have a problem obtaining the FETF to register the condo in your name.