Overhead Projector

Hooters

Are you sure you want an overhead projector?

post-7384-0-60848600-1329290446_thumb.jp

Or are you looking for a video projector?

post-7384-0-33367800-1329290500_thumb.jp

Two rather different beasts

Wikipedia gives a good overview, including obsolete technologies to be avoided

Bulb life and replacement costs are two areas to be looked at.

• 1 month later...

woops, i meant video projector

Do a bit of googling before you buy in BKK. The price of projectors in Thailand is at least double the US price. I recently bought a BENQ online (& had someone carry it back from the states) for USD1300. The same unit here is THB88,000. Even more recently I did the same for a friend with a USD500 projector and the local price was THB35000.

Nowadays you can buy a full 1080 DLP projector capable of an astonishingly good image for under USD1000 - but not in Thailand unfortunately.

• 4 months later...

woops, i meant video projector

Do a bit of googling before you buy in BKK. The price of projectors in Thailand is at least double the US price. I recently bought a BENQ online (& had someone carry it back from the states) for USD1300. The same unit here is THB88,000. Even more recently I did the same for a friend with a USD500 projector and the local price was THB35000.

Nowadays you can buy a full 1080 DLP projector capable of an astonishingly good image for under USD1000 - but not in Thailand unfortunately.

Totally agreed. I am an Optoma user and when it was time for an upgrade I bought my new HD600X in the UK for £390 inc. I got my Mum to bring it over on her next flight. THB for similar spec? 35,000. No brainer really.