Batteries

krbkk

Question on the big bike drivers.

how long is the Batterie-life hier in Thailand ?

My Harley Batterie from Germany is going down after 8 Years

hier in TH I have the feeling, my Batterie will going down in the next weeks, after 3 Years

the same at the cars,

the batterie from my OPEL Omega in Germany was going down after 10 Years (Original GM)

the Batterie here from Chevrolet (also Original GM) is going down after 1 1/2 Year.

and

the best Motorcycle Batterie is the AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat batteries)

has anyone Information where I can buy it ?

the Original Harley--Davidson is extremly high prices, more as double from US-Market

Edited by krbkk

8 to 10 years out of an OEM battery is well above average I think?

In temperate climates I usually get about 5 years out of a decent quality automotive battery.

Here in the tropics they seem to not last as long.

2-3 years is about the most I get out of car and bike batteries here in Thailand.

To that end I recently bought a CTEK battery tender and we'll see if it helps to extend the working life of my automotive and motorcycle batteries.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the AGM type of battery you are looking for... Is that the same as a gel battery? If so, those seem to be quite rare here in Thailand.

If your bike runs on a regular 12V 6+ Ah battery then I think any old motorcycle battery that fits in the battery box should do, no? You can probably buy a 10 year supply of cheap Thai-made motorcycle batteries for the cost of one fancy imported gel battery.

In temperate climates I usually get about 5 years out of a decent quality automotive battery.

2-3 years is about the most I get out of car and bike batteries here in Thailand.

To that end I recently bought a CTEK battery tender and we'll see if it helps to extend the working life of my automotive and motorcycle batteries.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the AGM type of battery you are looking for... Is that the same as a gel battery? If so, those seem to be quite rare here in Thailand.

If your bike runs on a regular 12V 6+ Ah battery then I think any old motorcycle battery that fits in the battery box should do, no? You can probably buy a 10 year supply of cheap Thai-made motorcycle batteries for the cost of one fancy imported gel battery.

yep, check out the maintance free batteries from, yamaha elegance135cc or kawasaki. cheap and 2-4 years

Mine also needed replacing after 3 years on the Ninja 250 and my car, other bikes lasted longer - longest so far is my KSR which is still on the original battery and it was bought in 2007 (but it has a kickstart).

I'd expect three years on average.

The best batteries are now-a-day Lithium batteries, they weight less and last longer... Companies like Shorai and Super B have batteries for most common motorcycles. The battery for a GSX-R1000 is only 830 grams, that is a weight reduction of 2.4 kilograms.

The best batteries are now-a-day Lithium batteries, they weight less and last longer... Companies like Shorai and Super B have batteries for most common motorcycles. The battery for a GSX-R1000 is only 830 grams, that is a weight reduction of 2.4 kilograms.

Where can you buy them in Thailand?

you cant successfully install an ordinary lithium battery in an ordinary bike. They can not handle charging after they are full, and they can not be cranked until they are out of power. Look at your phones charger, its advanced electronics in it to control charge cyclys, not just a trafo AC/DC to fill up your lead battery

you cant successfully install an ordinary lithium battery in an ordinary bike. They can not handle charging after they are full, and they can not be cranked until they are out of power. Look at your phones charger, its advanced electronics in it to control charge cyclys, not just a trafo AC/DC to fill up your lead battery

They're not "ordinary"- they're specically designed for use with motorcycles and seem like a very cool step forward in battery technology-

Still wondering if these are available in Thailand???

They're not "ordinary"- they're specically designed for use with motorcycles and seem like a very cool step forward in battery technology-

Still wondering if these are available in Thailand???

I stand corrected, these are not ordinary Li and should be great for bikes. Less weight, more cranking power, less discharge during storage

Where can you buy them in Thailand?

I ordered one from Shorai, and it was send from Japan and the total amount at the post-office was just below 6500 THB. Check it out at http://www.shoraipower.com/

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Did you purchase your battery tender in TL and if so where? I have a made in TL Kawasaki D-tracker . Thanks

Did you purchase your battery tender in TL and if so where? I have a made in TL Kawasaki D-tracker . Thanks

Just got a ctek charger for a friend. 2,400bht Go to HD playground.com and look under parts for sale or search ctek.

Yes, my battery have last about 2 years, after that, they run out of juice in a month after recharge. But i just got just the thing, you see, i do 300 meter trips, and it aint enough to compensate, but this device promises

#up to 5 times longer battery life

#patented pulse tech to keep batery plates clean of sulfation deposits

# battery is constantly conditioned, allowing it to store and release energy for MAX POWER

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B001D2V4ZE

51Vv-JEva2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by poanoi

Yes, my battery have last about 2 years, after that, they run out of juice in a month after recharge. But i just got just the thing, you see, i do 300 meter trips, and it aint enough to compensate, but this device promises

#up to 5 times longer battery life

#patented pulse tech to keep batery plates clean of sulfation deposits

# battery is constantly conditioned, allowing it to store and release energy for MAX POWER

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B001D2V4ZE

51Vv-JEva2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

So with this device a battery would last 15 years and probably 25 years in countries with a moderate climate ?

I just read in the comments of the link that you provided, that the device itself might not survive the average lifetime of a battery laugh.png

Edited by jbrain

The difference between You and Me is that i have this solar charger, while you don't.

And i'm really impressed, normally i would already be so low on battery so i would have to charge it,

not to mention worry whenever i go somewhere if battery will be enough or not.

Those days are over, extra battery life is just icing on the cake

• 2 weeks later...

Have a look here, they will send to Thailand for only US $50 and best batteries you can buy. http://www.directhar...45mj-p-269.html

G'day mate, it turns out I need a new battery for the VTX1800, and that Odyssey High Performance deep cycle AGM Battery - PC545MJ would do the trick. Considering the locals want 3500baht or more for some Mickey Mouse brand.

Did you get clipped for import duty? That could sour the deal.

Have a look here, they will send to Thailand for only US $50 and best batteries you can buy. http://www.directhar...45mj-p-269.html

G'day mate, it turns out I need a new battery for the VTX1800, and that Odyssey High Performance deep cycle AGM Battery - PC545MJ would do the trick. Considering the locals want 3500baht or more for some Mickey Mouse brand.

You could give Dr Bike in bangkok a call. He has a good stock of Yuasa and other stock mounted batteries at fair prices and sent to Pattaya by minivan.

http://www.drbike.co.th/product/index.php?CateID=8&show=10

You could give Dr Bike in bangkok a call. He has a good stock of Yuasa and other stock mounted batteries at fair prices and sent to Pattaya by minivan.

http://www.drbike.co...ateID=8&show=10

Their website doesn't quote prices....so I emailed them.

http://www.drbike.co...ateID=8&show=10

Their website doesn't quote prices....so I emailed them.

You can call, they speak English.