Too Much For This Bike?

angryfarang

Yeah I would go for one for sure. The only reason I would get a similar type of grey import bike is to get something a little different to what everyone else has. CB400s are really common though, so that negates that argument. If I wanted a street bike I would probably go for the new Ducati at 400,000 thb though.

Yeah I would go for one for sure. The only reason I would get a similar type of grey import bike is to get something a little different to what everyone else has. CB400s are really common though, so that negates that argument. If I wanted a street bike I would probably go for the new Ducati at 400,000 thb though.

i heard theres a 1 year waiting list on those 399,000 ducattis ........i have no patience when it comes to stuff like bikes

im disappointed if i cant ride it the same day as paying the money :D

interesting

I guess I'm the odd one out here...I had a Suzuki Bandit 400 (inline 4), but couldn't stand the wizzing sound. Prefer by far the sound of a thumper 1 cylinder or a twin...for me, they just have more character...

As for the price of the SF...no way I would pay that money

I didn't buy the bike in the end.

After checking out the greenbook, I walked away. It wasn't legit. It says the bike is 20 years old, the import stamps, etc was missing from page 18. Also, the engine number stamped on the engine didn't look right, the last digit was in a completely different font to the others. There was also rust around chassis stamp.

I'll keep the money in the bank and wait and see what comes up.

I might put my sensible head on and buy a 2012 ER6-N, or even stetch a little and buy the new Ducati 795.

After checking out the greenbook, I walked away. It wasn't legit. It says the bike is 20 years old, the import stamps, etc was missing from page 18. Also, the engine number stamped on the engine didn't look right, the last digit was in a completely different font to the others. There was also rust around chassis stamp.

I might put my sensible head on and buy a 2012 ER6-N, or even stetch a little and buy the new Ducati 795.

recycled book, so no import or excice documentation in page 18. was it one or two cylinder? and 400cc while actually should be 398cc?

recycled book, so no import or excice documentation in page 18. was it one or two cylinder? and 400cc while actually should be 398cc?

Hey Kata. Yes, recycled book. I didn't check the engine size or the numbers of cyclinders, it was enough to see the age of the bike and missing information of page 18. Even if he had offered the bike for 150k, I wouldn't have taken it.

Hey Kata. Yes, recycled book. I didn't check the engine size or the numbers of cyclinders, it was enough to see the age of the bike and missing information of page 18. Even if he had offered the bike for 150k, I wouldn't have taken it.

me neither, better with no book than fake book, the first is a minor problem cash can fix, the latter qualifies for 5 years in jail

Search through old adds on thaivisa and bahtsold. I don't see many CB400's about. They're pretty rare.

They're very common and generally pretty cheap- ThaiVisa and BahtSold serve the tiny english speaking foreign community in Thailand. There are 10 pages of CB400's for sale on mocyc.com smile.png

I've just looked through these ads and private sales for a CB400 averages 70-80K . . .

R

Search through old adds on thaivisa and bahtsold. I don't see many CB400's about. They're pretty rare.

They're very common and generally pretty cheap- ThaiVisa and BahtSold serve the tiny english speaking foreign community in Thailand. There are 10 pages of CB400's for sale on mocyc.com smile.png

I've just looked through these ads and private sales for a CB400 averages 70-80K . . .

R

Sure, for old '99 models. The one I was looking at is a 2005 V-Tec Spec III Model.

You almost paid 220k for this bike? And how many CB 400's you say you have owned? There really is a sucker born every minute.

morocco, you're un-constructive comments are about as welcome as a dick flavoured lollypop.

Okay,sorry to be so un-constructive. But listen,you really can get that type of bike for way cheaper.The rule goes"Don't buy the first bike you see",look around,be patient. Good luck.Hope you find what you want for a better price.

You almost paid 220k for this bike? And how many CB 400's you say you have owned? There really is a sucker born every minute.

morocco, you're un-constructive comments are about as welcome as a dick flavoured lollypop.

Okay,sorry to be so un-constructive. But listen,you really can get that type of bike for way cheaper.The rule goes"Don't buy the first bike you see",look around,be patient. Good luck.Hope you find what you want for a better price.

Decent of you to apologise. Apology accepted. You're completely right. I got quite excited about buying the bike and also have some money burning a hole in my pocket - a bad combination.

I'm glad I didn't go for the bike now. I'm going to test drive a Ducati next week.

So many CB400 for 50k (older models) and 1xxk (newe ones) Theres even a FJR 1200 for 150k ish these days for sale .....

220k for CB400 is just way overpriced.

theres some fantastic bikes on the market that can be picked up for 220k or less

i had a look about last week and saw all sorts but i try not to check the market too often as i have more than enough

bikes as it is but the temptation to change /upgrade /swap is always there

i saw bmw k1200s,fireblades , a versys and a pile of other cool bikes around or even well under 220k and that was just

having a quck look,not a proper trawl by any means