Barbaque Set

koiwaolao

I am looking for a cheap, simple Bbq set, not the fancy Weber etcetc you buy in big stores. Also must be charcoal operated. Something like cut in half steel barrels or simular or as used by street food vendors would be ideal. There must be small hardware stores selling it?

There is a small hardware shop (shack) on the north side of 3rd Rd, Soi 17 X roads (Across from 7/11) that sell various sizes of local made BBQ. I also seem to remember a place at the back of Big C in North Pattaya but not too sure about that one.

The True Value Opposite Tesco on Suhkimvit has them. There is also a BBQ store on the Tesco side of Suhkimvit between Macro and Soi Watboon.

That one moved back to Thepprasit Road.

Neither of them are "cheap" as per the OP's request!

The china market behind Big-C in North Pattaya.

Good call. That place is and has always been a GREAT place to buy EVERYTHING. And cheap too.

All this BBQ talk makes me want to go to Ninja on 2nd rd. now. mmmmmmmmmmmmm

The True Value Opposite Tesco on Suhkimvit has them. There is also a BBQ store on the Tesco side of Suhkimvit between Macro and Soi Watboon.

That one moved back to Thepprasit Road.

Neither of them are "cheap" as per the OP's request!

Yeah, not the sort of places that would sell the home made barbies the OP is after.

There is a small hardware shop (shack) on the north side of 3rd Rd, Soi 17 X roads (Across from 7/11) that sell various sizes of local made BBQ. I also seem to remember a place at the back of Big C in North Pattaya but not too sure about that one.

yep the store behind big C (at the back) has many sizes of bbq, steel meshes, tongs etc...

Thanks again for all the feedback received. In case some readers of this thread are also interested in a BBQ set, I can recommend the one on Soi 17 corner 3rd Road where I got lucky and found exactly what I was after. Half barrel cut, plenty ventilation from bottom and side and a good stable stand. Large cooking surface with 2 stainless steel grids. Cost: 1200 baht.